Sign in to follow this  
p4p3rm4t3

Help with flight plan loading xplane+pilot2atc

Ok, so I've got pilot2atc and xplane11. I'm trying to file a flight from cyvr-cyyj. I make the flightplan in pilot2atc validate and file. Then I export to xplane's fms folder. I see it in the gps but when I try to load it tells me it can't load the plan because of missing waypoint IRKON. All nav cycle stuff is up to date 1805.

Can anyone try to recreate this? maybe tell me what is going on? I can't figure it out.

I love flight sims but I spend way more time getting things to work than flying =/

I don't get IRKON when I create my own flight plan.

If you could tell us what procedures or waypoints you have in the plan, that would help.

Also, what form are you exporting as (XP10 or XP11).  Some aircraft don't recognize the XP11 format yet.  It all depends on what aircraft and GPS/FMS you are flying.

Dave

I'm using the default Xplane Cesna 172* with the default gps 530 in Xplane11. IRKON isn't in the list of waypoints, it's just in the error Xplane spits out when trying to load the plan.

In Pilot2atc I simply add CYVR and CYYJ then click validate and file. Pilot2atc auto-generates a plan which I export to xplane.

Edited by p4p3rm4t3

OK.  I did the following and it worked perfectly:

1. Entered CYVR as Departure and CYYJ as Destination
  2. Pressed AutoPlan and it gave me APASS5 RO09 STAR and the ILS RW09 as approach.  This would have been the same procedures given when filed
  3. Connected to X-Plane 11.20
  4. Filed Flight Plan
  5. Exported to XP11 format (and later to XP10 format) .fms file
  6. Loaded into GNS 530. No errors and the Flight plan looks good.

Make sure you updated X-Plane's AIRAC data for the GNS 430 as that is where the 530 gets its data.

Dave

Ahh.. thank-you. I didn't realize the 430 had a different navdata folder that needed to be setup. Your info allowed me to google this video on how to set it up.

Ok so had some time to test this out. I'm still getting the same error. If I export to xplane10 (pointing to xplane11's output folder) Then it loads but only with waypoints CYVR and CYYJ. Nothing in between. No sids or stars.

All cycles are up to date.

https://imgur.com/a/xibRahh

Edited by p4p3rm4t3

You need to check the option on the Flt Pln tab of Config to "Export SID, STAR and APPR Waypoints".  That will let it export all the procedure waypoints for XP10, or the procedures themselves if exporting to XP11 format.

Dave

Ok that did it. 

1.export for xplane10.

2.make sure to check "Export SID, STAR and APPR Waypoints" in the config menu under the flight plan tab.

So why does the xplane 11 export throw an error?

Hello Dave, hello all,

I exported my flight plan from Pilot2Atc to XPlane' 11 output folder. When I tried uploading the flight plan Xplane tells me that it didn't recognize the file format. I am using the default 737 800.

Here's what I did and what was the response:

XPlane 11 (running) --> File --> Load Flight -->Open Saved Flights Not Listed --> I tries KSAN-KLAX.vbf and KSAN-KLAX.fms, both files weren't recognized, says only .sit, .fdr and .rep files.

Please help

With X-Plane you load the .fms file using the Aircraft's GPS or FMC.  It is not like FSX/P3D/MSFS where you load a saved flight plan using the SIM menus.

In the 737, you would load the .fms file as a Company Route.  There are plenty of videos on YouTube describing how to do it.

Dave