Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

Small(er) GA AI in P3Dv4

Hello Ya'll, 🚻

Yesterday I enjoyed meeting with our local flight sim club here in southeast New Brunswick! I had a question I was saving up for my fellow geeks, but no one could answer.

Therefore, I will ask you.

First: I have P3D v4 (Almost 500g worth on a separate 1T SSD), on up-to-date windows 10 (Home), 4.9 Mhz 2700K CPU, 16G RAM, 1080 GTX (with latest drivers) running 25% OC (Afterburner), 55 inch 4K curved Samsung as monitor, all well cooled etc, without hardware issues and really good performance.

My latest software acquisition is a great software program that really modernizes my AI suite with advanced models and AI sounds. Love it! However, small GA is reduced to small business jets sort of thing. There is narry a Cessna 150 or Beechcraft Bonanza to be found. Obviously all the small AI stuff disappeared when I installed, and uninstalled (several times) a newly available program, or just previous to that uninstalled Ultimate Traffic 2 (a la Poppet).

Question:

Is there a AI GA program that will not interfere with my present "Airline" AI program? Can I just add some general aviation program (that I am unaware of) to populate my small airports. On a side note, I notice that ORBX does not offer its great GA program for North America for P3Dv4 (v3 and earlier is available), so maybe 64 bit is a problem. 

Hope this is a bit clearer than mud and not too boring to bother with. 😎

Kind regards,

Spirit Flyer

Steven, I have the ORBX NA airport pack in FTX Central for Prepar3d4. Not installed, but it's there. Maybe you forgot to add it as you have to add freeware manually.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

AIG has a plethora of models and flightplans for GA including an extensive Bizjet section.  

I'm sure you can add AI separate of whatever software you bought.  Probably best to keep your GA AI models and flightplans in a separate location then the payware.   Then just point the sim to the folders.  Or add via .xml method.  

Orbx FTX AU AI package you are referring to is for Australia only but the GA models and aircraft are very nice and can be used separately after downloading.   In fact HTAI payware Cessna package is included in this FTX package so its a nice to have.  

http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/

https://aibizjetproject.weebly.com/

Edited by jason99vmi

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

7 minutes ago, jason99vmi said:

Orbx FTX AU AI package you are referring to is for Australia only but the GA models and aircraft are very nice and can be used separately after downloading.   

There are two ORBX packages, one for AU/NZ and one for NA.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

6 minutes ago, pmb said:

There are two ORBX packages, one for AU/NZ and one for NA.

Kind regards, Michael

Not for P3D v4 though.   Only the AI AU/NZ works in v4 last I saw.  

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

The ORBX NA traffic only really added traffic to the west coast FTX areas, but you can still use it in V4 by using the models included in the ORBX AU AI V4 pack. It's a simple enough swap as it's just the models.

For bizjets etc, you can also bring in the Ultimate GA, Gulfstream, Global Express etc as many of those models have been converted for free by some of the guys over at AIG. As above, it's just a matter of swapping the models over.

Edited by Dave_YVR
  • Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

1 hour ago, SpiritFlyer said:

Can I just add some general aviation program (that I am unaware of) to populate my small airports. 😎

I use FSX GA-Traffic by Markus Brunner.  Creates a .bgl file that is placed in your sim's Scenery/World/scenery folder and works a peach!  You must find your own AI GA aircraft... I found a few just perusing sim websites, and I bought the HTAI payware Cessna and Piper packages.  Is very nice to go to my local GA airport and have active AI traffic (although sometimes they do the dumbest things! 😁).  I've been using the same .bgl file in FSX for the past couple of years, and it also works fine in P3Dv4.

FSX GA-Traffic is here: https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1671/fsx-ga-traffic/

HTH,

Greg

36 minutes ago, jason99vmi said:

Not for P3D v4 though.   Only the AI AU/NZ works in v4 last I saw.  

I have the NA pack for Prepar3d4 in FTX Central. It's under North America/OTHER.

Kind regards, Michael

6 minutes ago, pmb said:

I have the NA pack for Prepar3d4 in FTX Central. It's under North America/OTHER.

Kind regards, Michael

NA Airport pack (FTX enhanced airports)...yes.  AI models, traffic flightplans for NA...no.  They haven't done it for v4 yet.  i really hope they do.  Their GA models for the AU/NZ pack are a nice set.  

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

7 minutes ago, jason99vmi said:

NA Airport pack (FTX enhanced airports)...yes.  AI models, traffic flightplans for NA...no.  They haven't done it for v4 yet.  i really hope they do.  Their GA models for the AU/NZ pack are a nice set.  

Sorry, you are right. I see am getting old.

Kind regards, Michael

What about Europe? Which GA AI for the old continent?

54 minutes ago, lownslo said:

I use FSX GA-Traffic by Markus Brunner.  Creates a .bgl file that is placed in your sim's Scenery/World/scenery folder and works a peach!  You must find your own AI GA aircraft... I found a few just perusing sim websites, and I bought the HTAI payware Cessna and Piper packages.  Is very nice to go to my local GA airport and have active AI traffic (although sometimes they do the dumbest things! 😁).  I've been using the same .bgl file in FSX for the past couple of years, and it also works fine in P3Dv4.

FSX GA-Traffic is here: https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1671/fsx-ga-traffic/

HTH,

Greg

This is a very interesting looking app. I haven't tried this before. How did you install in P3Dv4? Did you just generate the Traffic-GA.bgl file in FSX and then copy over to the P3Dv4, along with any necessary plane files? Or did you point the app to P3Dv4 using the FSX path in the app's set up screen, and then generate?

I'm sorry if these are rather newbie questions, I'm somewhat new at all this. 

Thanks - Bob 

1 hour ago, BBCM said:

Did you just generate the Traffic-GA.bgl file in FSX and then copy over to the P3Dv4, along with any necessary plane files?

Yep, this was my solution.  I already had the bgl working in FSX and simply copied it and the AI aircraft files over to P3D.  But I would think that if you have an FSX.exe file that you could drop into P3D it would work too... the file structure is so similar between the two sims.  You might even get it to work by renaming a simple text file "FSX.exe".  Point the app at the FSX.exe and let it rip!

Good luck,

Greg

Thanks for the reply Greg. I ask because I did the same when I was porting over Traffic360 to P3Dv4. But with Traffic360, you have to rename the FSX Traffic360 ai-traffic.bgl so it replaces the default P3Dv4 trafficAircraft.bgl..

Did you have to rename the FSX Traffic-GA.bgl to get it to work in P3Dv4, or did you just copy and paste as is?

Thanks - Bob 

Hi guys

I have installed GA Traffic and used a migration tool to place the bgl into P3D, but GA Traffic does not show any aircraft. It creates a bgl file of 1kb. Anyone got any ideas on how it can find the P3D aircraft?

Thanks

John