Sign in to follow this  
MarkDH

Can't automate NAV1 ident

I am trying to automate the NAV1 ident function. I have tried variously using a keyboard shortcut and setting the 'rxp.radios.nav_1' Lvar but whichever way I find that once the ident is on, it won't switch off even of the "id" indicator goes off the display. I also tried setting the 'rxp.GNS_530_1.knob_volm' Lvar to just change the volume up and down but I can't seem to write to that Lvar successfully. I also note that the ident doesn't seem to be inhibited by the P3D speaker panel settings.

I would appreciate some hints on getting this to work. I am assuming it is late functionality as not all the Lvars are documented in the manual.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Hi,

The only L:vars you should 'play' with are the ones documented in the user's manual. There are some others which are for internal use/book keeping only and should not be tempered with otherwise it is unexplored territory!

Here is the summary of input/output bindings available:

• GNS external output via L:vars (Custom Sim Variables p13, 3D Models Variables p14)
  • GNS external input via L:vars (Control Variables p13)
  • GNS external commands via keyboard shortcuts (p12).
  • GNS external commands via simulator GPS commands (Custom GPS Commands p14).

To control the knobs, and the bezel buttons, you might want to just enable 'Use Simulator GPS Commands' option, and trigger standard events. For the NAV Volume knob push action, this is: GPS_ACTIVATE_BUTTON (XML) and KEY_GPS_ACTIVATE_BUTTON (C++) (full list p14).

Customers of the X-Plane version benefit from the 'custom commands' feature included in the simulator, which permits 3rd party vendors to create their own named commands at run time. In this case, the equivalent command is: "RXP/GNS/VOL_PUSH" (in addition to 'Use Simulator GPS Commands' which we offer in the XPlane version too).

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

6 hours ago, RXP said:
  • GNS external commands via keyboard shortcuts (p12).

Yes, but as I said, using the keyboard shortcuts doesn't seem to work properly for me because once the ident is activated there seems to be no way to shut it off, even by pressing the button with the mouse.

6 hours ago, RXP said:

you might want to just enable 'Use Simulator GPS Commands' option, and trigger standard events.

'Just'? :huh:

Do the keyboard shortcuts remain active if you enable the standard commands?

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

Yes both are active simultaneously in this case. Which simulator are you running?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

19 minutes ago, RXP said:

Yes both are active simultaneously in this case. Which simulator are you running?

Okay, thanks. I am running P3Dv4. I will try it out later today.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

And since an update is pending release, I'll cross check the keyboard shortcuts in the meantime.

2 hours ago, RXP said:

And since an update is pending release, I'll cross check the keyboard shortcuts in the meantime.

Thanks. I tried turning on 'use simulator GPS commands' and if I use the GPS_ACTIVATE_BUTTON instead of the keystroke that works correctly. I'm not sure if it responds to the speaker panel, I didn't try that yet.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

I confirm there are 2 bugs in the keyboard shortcuts:

1) pushing knob commands also turn the knobs

2) when using both GTN and GNS v2 there seems to be a conflict ( at least on P3D4 ).

We're working on this!