Sign in to follow this  
BobP

New B717 license not recognized

Mark,

I am running the new sim server version. I purchase both the B717 and CRJ licenses, however they are not recognized  by simserver. I believe I have the latest version of the 717.  The B717 CDU shows on my IPad but message Timed Out. Thank you in advance.

Bob

Hi Bob,

first of all, you can check your license status by right clicking the server icon - if it's green, you have the full license.

Note - you don't actually need a license to view the CDU, so that's not the issue here.

Please send your logfile that is generated in the same directory where SimServer is located - then I can have a look at what's going on.

Just to confirm - you are participating in the community beta of TFDi?

For contact information, please have a look at the ReadMe.pdf.

Regards

Mark

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Mark,

I sent the license request from my client, not my P3Dv4 server as it as Outlook. I'm going to resend from my P3dv4 server if that could be the problem. My 737 license works fine as the request was sent from my server. 

Bob

Sure, you can do that but that won't fix the Timeout message you see in the CDU scratchpad. That's an indication that the connection between SimServer and FlightSim is missing, so we need to investigate this further.

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

Ok, I just sent the license request from my P3d server. Once I have the new ones, I will try again and if the same message I will send you the log. I have been using the B737 remote CDU without any problems. (b4 the MS April update). Yes, I am in the TDFI B717 beta program. Thank you!

Bob

Mark,

All is  good now, most of the issues were self induced including sending the license request from my client and not re-checking that SimServer had admin rights. The final piece was the IPad auto correct kept changing the port number to the B737 since my  IP address is the same for both airplanes.

Works perfectly now and thank you for the quick response.

Are there any plans for the Majestic Dash in the future? 

Bob

• Upvote 1

Excellent! Glad to hear things are working.

Hmm I'm continuously interested in and working on adding further aircraft types - is that vague enough? 🙂

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

Oh heck yeah on the Majestic Dash!

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB