Sign in to follow this  
rtodepart

best small jets for P3D ?

Flysimware has been working on a Falcon 50 for some time now, really like their Learjet 35 as mentioned and their MU-2, just wish they could up their game a bit on the visuals....Probably end up buying both!

14 hours ago, Pat Mussotte said:

I just saw this morning at AirDaily, the announcement of a Dassault Falcon 50 at Carenado! 😂

Pictures on the Carenado Facebook page.. sure looks pretty :biggrin:

Bert

My fav is the GLJ Model 25 Special Edition from Xtreme prototype, it's a jewel and their customer service is excellent.

This said, I like also the S550 Citation II from Caranedo

Both are working well with the v. 4.3

Intel i9 - GPU RTX 3080 - 32 gig RAM HyperX Fury DDR 4

Don't forget F1's Mustang. Lovely small jet with great systems and great stuttering to go with it unfortunately.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Hi Folks,

My first choice would be the Flysimware Lear 35A - just can't get enough of it and it includes full 3D models for F1/RXP GTN implementation as well as the REX Wx Radar... It's a very capable aircraft... One of my all time favorites - same shelf as my old DA Cheyenne... You usually can pick it up on sale for around $20.00 and that makes it an absolute steal - I honestly feel guilty for buying it at that price considering the enjoyment it has brought me... I'll be buying the Flysimware Falcon 50 at full price when released...

Second choice would be the Carenado 525 CJ2 with "Novej757" labor of love "mod" incorporating the GTN... It's turned a marginal aircraft into a very realistic and enjoyable model... Jevon - OUSTANDING effort - sir... I have the 550 Citation as well and it just sits gathering dust... The 525 is a hoot... 

Link to Jevon's mod work: 

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

4 hours ago, Nuno Pinto said:

and great stuttering to go with it unfortunately.

My fps are acceptable and stutters are not an issue on my system. But fps do hover in the low 20s in large cities and payware airports.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I get stutters because i have frames locked at 60 which works for everything but the Mustang. Even FSL319/320 loves it. 20fps is unacceptable to me.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I looked at the FSW Falcon - the visuals need major work.  I know that from a systems standpoint it will smoke the Carenado but the C modeling will smoke FSW's

Maybe I'll do a combo 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 5/19/2018 at 11:37 PM, Dean33 said:

https://ibb.co/jvyvwcIf you want a bizjet get the Xtreme Prototypes LJ35.  Awesome detailed cockpit, great systems, 200 page manual plus great support. 

Good find. But I think its the old 25 ?

Looks awesome, takes the GTN 750 and is pretty darn good on FPS due to the steam gauges. Very nice.

Never thought I'd be purchasing a bizjet this weekend, but I'm close ... especially at just 40 bucks U.S. 

Just gonna check out the downloadable manual and watch a few tube vids, and may well be collecting the keys by teatime !

Edited by Gabe777

26 minutes ago, Gabe777 said:

Good find. But I think its the old 25 ?

Looks awesome, takes the GTN 750 and is pretty darn good on FPS due to the steam gauges. Very nice.

Never thought I'd be purchasing a bizjet this weekend, but I'm close ... especially at just 40 bucks U.S. 

Just gonna check out the downloadable manual and watch a few tube vids, and may well be collecting the keys by teatime !

Flew it last night. The VC is super detailed and realistic looking. Enjoy

Edited by Dean33

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Nice cheap and cheerful one worth having a look at is the NextGen Citation CJ4X:

https://nxgnsim.blogspot.com/p/citation-cj4x-for-fsx.html

It's not 'study-level' (whatever that is lol), but it does nevertheless do a reasonably decent job of simulating the Collins ProLine 21 in a fair amount of detail. Graphically it's okay rather than spectacular, but this aids it in getting very good frame rates. Audio is very good, with a very convincing sound set for the Williams FJ44-4A. Another very big plus for it, is that it is a good contender to the claim of having one of the best manuals there is for an add-on aeroplane, with a great tutorial flight which has one of the most nicely-written explanations you will come across for how to navigate properly along high altitude airways with its avionics.

Although it's come in for a bit of (not entirely undeserved) criticism, the Wilco Dassault Falcon 7X has been patched to be compatible with P3D V4:

https://www.justflight.com/product/wilco-dassault-falcon-7x

It does actually work okay now, but since it did get a bit of criticism, this has meant its price is now down to 20 quid. Be warned however, you do need to do a very minor file tweak to get it to work well in 4.3 (not complicated, just deleting a couple of files from folders) and it is undeniably a bit of an FPS hog what with all that big glass avionics suite in the cockpit, so (with the preceding caveats) I would say it is worth having, if only because Dassault private jets - and indeed three-holer jets in general - are a bit thin on the ground for flight simulators.

Having said that, be aware that there are one or two Dassault biz jets in development and on the way soon, and one of these will be made by Fly Sim Ware, which is a very good sign, because their LearJet 35A is the best business jet you can get for P3D V4:

https://www.flysimware.com/website/LEARJET_35A.html

This bodes well for them making a decent Falcon 50, some pics of which you can see here:

https://www.flysimware.com/website/Work_In_Progress.html

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Version 3 of their fantastic LJ25 is coming on soon😉! Stay tune.

Cheers

Pat

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

3 minutes ago, Pat Mussotte said:

Version 3 of their fantastic LJ25 is coming on soon😉! Stay tune.

Cheers

Pat

You mean the GLJ25 by Xtreme Prototypes?

- TONY -