Sign in to follow this  
dwight_talley

Massive frame rate drop when using saved scenarios

I am having a problem with frame rates dropping when I use some saved scenarios. I start out at the gate of a default airport with an in cockpit fps of 40 using the PDMG 737 and by the time I get to the active runway my fps has dropped to 1. Repeating the exercise without using a saved scenario, I can fly with 45 to 50 fps for hours.  I do not know if this happens with the default aircraft since I don't fly them.

I have noticed that some working saved scenarios develop this same problem after a few flights.  Something is causing this issue but I can't see any problems with the saved files.

For testing I have not been using any add ons to eliminate possible problems.

Windows 10 pro 64bit, Intel Core i7-7820X Skylake-X 8-Core 3.6 GHz, X299 AORUS Gaming 7, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB DDR4, NVIDIA 980 4gb.

Thanks for any help you can provide

Dwight

Hi, I had exactly this 2 days ago. Thought my graphics card had failed or something. After couple of hours of experimenting I found the solution. I am not at my PC now so can't remember exact box names but if you go into graphics options then lighting I unticked the lens flare/ light bloom options - there are 3 boxes but can't remember names. My fps went from 1.5 back to its usual 40. Has to be some sort of bug as they kept turning themselves back on but eventually stayed off.

Edit-dont need to turn off landing lights illuminate ground, just the other two.

It has been recommended since fsx days to have your default flight a saved scenario of a default airplane and an airport in your time zone to keep the times the same.

Thanks for the tips but still no joy. I turned off all lighting and ran it three times with the same problem.  System is at 1fps after a few minutes.  I don't know what the difference is between a saved scenario and just free flying, which does not have that problem.

My default flight is still the one setup by the install, so that is not the problem.

I removed my post as I saw you went from 40 fps at the gate with the pmdg737 and it dropped to 1 by the time you got to the runway.  That is a serious drop if the fps stay at 1. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

This is one I would really recommend running by LM support. They have had some funny issues with scenarios.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I have this problem posted with LM but no replies as of yet.  I guess I will spend the day disabling one option at a time and see what happens.  

Thanks

Dwight

So I seem to have found the issue.  I loaded up a known bad scenario and changed the destination airport from what was saved in the FMC.  The sim ran perfectly, 75fps from the chase plane view and 40fps from the cockpit.  Something is being corrupt in the flight plan that is causing the problem.  I will pass it on to LM.

Thanks everyone.

Dwight

What was causing the corruption of the FMC data? I slowly reactivated my add-ons and determined that a scenery package for KRIC was the cause of the problem.  As soon as I added it back in the problem returned. I fly out of that airport a lot.  I hope someone develops a new scenery package for that airport.

Dwight

21 hours ago, dwight_talley said:

What was causing the corruption of the FMC data? I slowly reactivated my add-ons and determined that a scenery package for KRIC was the cause of the problem.  As soon as I added it back in the problem returned. I fly out of that airport a lot.  I hope someone develops a new scenery package for that airport.

Dwight

Let me know if this is fixed with the P3D version of KRIC.

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"