Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

Ways to increase aircraft VC lightning

Hi all:

I'm currently working hard with PTA to reach my desired combination of tweaks, but I'm still having trouble in increasing the brightness/lightning of the aircraft VC. I've increased the diffuse sunlight from default to 4.5 by steps (also increased, but a bit less, the diffuse moonlight component), and also increased the saturation from 0.90 to 1.00 (default). I would like to have more brightness inside the VC to better read the instruments. Still not good.

Any suggestions?. Is there another set of parameters to consider apart from the ones I'm currently tweaking?.

I'm using P3Dv4.2, HDR ON, with Brightness=0.80, Bloom=1.00 and Saturation=0.90.

Cheers, Ed

Edited by GSalden

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Ed - I'm not at my PC at the moment to see exactly where it is but there is a PTA setting strictly for VC brightness.  The lighting you have been changing effects the terrain, etc but not the VC as I recall.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

On 5/23/2018 at 3:19 AM, Flic1 said:

Ed - I'm not at my PC at the moment to see exactly where it is but there is a PTA setting strictly for VC brightness.  The lighting you have been changing effects the terrain, etc but not the VC as I recall.

It's called "Aircraft VC lighting and saturation" and controls the lighting independently of any terrain lighting tweaks.

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

On 5/20/2018 at 8:41 PM, edpatino said:

Hi all:

I'm currently working hard with PTA to reach my desired combination of tweaks, but I'm still having trouble in increasing the brightness/lightning of the aircraft VC. I've increased the diffuse sunlight from default to 4.5 by steps (also increased, but a bit less, the diffuse moonlight component), and also increased the saturation from 0.90 to 1.00 (default). I would like to have more brightness inside the VC to better read the instruments. Still not good.

Any suggestions?. Is there another set of parameters to consider apart from the ones I'm currently tweaking?.

I'm using P3Dv4.2, HDR ON, with Brightness=0.80, Bloom=1.00 and Saturation=0.90.

Cheers, Ed

Ed, the fact that you upped the parameter so much means that you should get a better "baseline" settings from P3D.

For example start with a brightness >1 ~1.10 bloom around 0.25 and saturation near 1.00 When you do that then you will be able to go to individual PTA sections and adjust lighting and saturation individually...

this will give you more control. When you play with P3D settings you change everything which is not what you need.

For example in my case:

P3D settings:

[GRAPHICS]
HDR_BRIGHTNESS=1.15000
HDR_BLOOM_THRESHOLD=0.180000
HDR_SATURATION=0.92000

and then in aircraft lighting and VC:

image.png

image.png

image.png

If you like to test take my ini from here. My general approach to PTA visuals is that the real world is NOT beautiful. Colors are not so vivid so i try to replicate that to give a feeling of that

http://www.estassinos.com/prepar3d-current-settings/

Edited by earthdog

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

On 5/22/2018 at 11:19 AM, Flic1 said:

Thanks, yes, you're right. I've got better lightning after a few tests now.

On 5/27/2018 at 5:38 AM, Adamski_NZ said:

It's called "Aircraft VC lighting and saturation" and controls the lighting independently of any terrain lighting tweaks.

Adam.

Thanks, Adam. At first, working with this setting alone was not good enough, but now I'm getting better VC brightness after a few tests.

8 hours ago, earthdog said:

If you like to test take my ini from here. My general approach to PTA visuals is that the real world is NOT beautiful. Colors are not so vivid so i try to replicate that to give a feeling of that

Thanks Elias. Interesting to know your settings. I'll do some tests with them. Something that recall my attention, that I've heard before but not tried yet, is the nVidia Inspector FPS limiter. It's just a matter of your preference, or why do you think it's better than the own P3D internal limiter?.

Cheers to all, and thanks for your precious help.

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

15 hours ago, edpatino said:

Something that recall my attention, that I've heard before but not tried yet, is the nVidia Inspector FPS limiter. It's just a matter of your preference, or why do you think it's better than the own P3D internal limiter?.

Cheers to all, and thanks for your precious help.

Ed

First of all when i had it unlimited my GPU was at 99% constantly..No time to breath. I then decided to limit it to 30fps. I noticed that the internal FPS limiter of P3D was unstable for me and i had in some cases microstutters. Switching to NVIDIA Inspector only for FPS limiter solved everything.

• Like 1

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.