Sign in to follow this  
JLuis

FSLABS - A319-X “super-cool” feature reveal!

16 minutes ago, jcomm said:

A pity that it will not make it's way into the A320 too …

Did you read the announcement?

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

35 minutes ago, jcomm said:

When they say in the forum it is a first timer ( in that degree of detail ) in desktop flight simulation, they aren't actually correct … There is at least PSX, the 744 sim, and it's not the only example....

I wish the 319 is offered as an upgrade from the 320 too - not as a "ab-initio" offer 🙂

Will you be adding this to the A320-X?

Yes, but not yet. The plan is to add the icing model to the A320-X in a future update. Obviously it’s not a cut and paste job – just like with the A319-X, the A320-X icing simulation will be custom-tuned and verified against a huge number of real-world flights.”

fly safe

• Like 1

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

Superb enhancement.

12 hours ago, DavidP said:

I'm somewhat underwhelmed.

That's a surprising response from someone who should understand better than most what they have implemented

• Like 1

This looks like a nice feature, knowing FSL it will be well simulated, timing however is a bit off for us in the northern hemisphere.

My advice would be to use that excellent P3D option called "setting the date and time" :wink:

• Like 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Finally a nice feature after burning brake, tire explosion, oil temp from PMDG, we will see a new way to simulate our hobby and not only do the checklist and fly from A to B.

This time you need to be a pilot in all aspect or you will simulate a disaster.LOL

Super excited about this! I haven't really seen that coming.

Finally a reason to de-ice in the winter... Quite nice, that they managed to built into GSX.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

4 hours ago, jcomm said:

When they say in the forum it is a first timer ( in that degree of detail ) in desktop flight simulation, they aren't actually correct … There is at least PSX, the 744 sim, and it's not the only example....

I wish the 319 is offered as an upgrade from the 320 too - not as a "ab-initio" offer 🙂

I'm no sure I get your post...

1. It is coming to the current A320-X - but most likely only for the P3Dv4 edition... (did you read the announcement?!)
  2. The PSX 744 isn't exactly 'desktop flight simulation' in my opinion. But to each their own... (<-- Uh, I probably get slaughtered for that one!)
  3. The A319 is an expansion upon the existing A320-X base package.
  • Upvote 3

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

3 hours ago, ErichB said:

That's a surprising response from someone who should understand better than most what they have implemented

Very clever programming no doubt, they are clever people. But I can't help how I feel.

David Porrett

Wow, this is going to be really interesting.  KHPN is really crappy in winter (NE) and knowing I can deice just like I see Jetblue doing is very exciting!

Icing conditions can be present any time of the year...all you need is a cloud layer high enough to where the TAT is 10C or less. This is especially important on descent when the airframe has been cooled by flying in very cold temperatures at cruise altitude. You can pick up ice even when the TAT is well above freezing. 

Ben 

• Upvote 1

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

At first I thought 'The Majestic Q400 has this also already' but after reading the actual announcement I have to say they really went all out with this feature here. Nice! Almost a pity I don't have this Airbus! 😉

22 hours ago, Litmoose said:

great feature now the summer months have arrived 😂

There is another hemisphere on Earth where surprisingly, it’s winter. 😜

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Typo
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

14 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:
  • There is another hemisphere on Earth where surprisingly, it’s winter. 😜

Well said. I really don't understand the short-sightedness... 

• Like 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

20 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Well said. I really don't understand the short-sightedness... 

I’m surprised at the number of people who admit they don’t fly outside the country of their birth. How boring that must be. I love England but there are so many more interesting places to fly to.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather