crippy1

Q400 or MaddogX?

Which Aircraft?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which Aircraft?

• Majestic Q400
    • Lenardo MaddogX

Yes, it's me again lol. 

I've narrowed down my final choices to these two aircraft. I know it is somewhat comparing apples to oranges one being turbo prop, one being a older jet.

In terms of overall quality, immersion, documentation, systems depth, etc - which would you consider purchasing over the other?

Both of these planes fit into my regional airports that I like to fly in. The Q400 and basically MD-82 are a substitute for the CRJ, there was/is still just too much controversy of the product for me to be comfortable putting my money behind it.

Edited by crippy1

I have the Majestic Q400 and it is excellent as far as systems go, it was designed with flight training in mind. I find I don't use it as often compared to jets as I prefer getting from A to B a little faster as I don't get too much time on the sim these days. Turbo Props are slower on takeoff, climbing, and when cruising they are not too much slower but take more time, approach everything is about the same speed but it takes more time over all.

If I had to choose I would say Maddog X, I love the old jets and you can do your flights faster when you are limited on sim time. 

Edited by Matthew Kane
  • Upvote 1

Matthew Kane

I'm a Beta Tester for both aircraft, and have over 4000 hours in both.  In my opinion, these are the two best aircraft in flight sim, but they are so entirely different that you can't place one over the other.  As such, I'd recommend getting both and the first of course would be your choice.

Regarding the Dash, I'd get the Professional so you'll have Shared Cockpit capability - which is quickly becoming the 3rd main genre in flight sim with a LOT more going on with Shared Cockpit later this year.

Best wishes!

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Errm, well I purchased the Q400 from FSPilot shop last night. Excited to try out my $70 I went to install it. Entered the registration information and was repeatedly given "ERROR CAN NOT CONNECT TO SERVER". Could not install it. Looked up the issues here on AVSIM, and found the support@majesticsoftware.com email- SO I sent an email hoping to get some support. It appears that email has closed and is no longer valid. SO I tired to go back to the big majestic software home page...and it is offline, I can't access it any more

http://www.majesticsoftware.com/mjc8q400/products.html

http://majesticsoftware.com/mjc8q400/support.html

Both of these for me don't work anymore...... 😞

Hopefully maybe they are changing servers or something?

If Majestic just went belly up I will have wasted $70 on a product I can't install..... 😞 Any thoughts??

1 hour ago, crippy1 said:

I tired to go back to the big majestic software home page...and it is offline, I can't access it any more

Looks like it is down for everyone and not just you.  I'm not even getting resolution for their nameservers, so it looks like they may be having a DNS issue. 

I don't really think they'd just up and disappear. Just bad luck for you to decide on the Q400 at the same time this happens 😞 

• Upvote 1

Brian W

KPAE

There is a 2-hour-old post on Facebook that explains technical issues they are having...

A

• Upvote 1