Sign in to follow this  
OldFlyboy

Chase Plane-better than Mom's apple pie? I'm LOST

Purchased it last week and still unable to get a plane setup. I have watched three U tube tutorials (one of them twice). They jump from screen to screen and really do not just simplify how to get a profile step-by-step.

All the praises from users leads me to believe that either they are all Mensa or I am losing it. Following some of the steps exactly, my screens do not show/respond as the tutorial. Even going to the community to search for a camera, clicking on the green preview buttons for various views often does not even show the view described.

With three degrees and 20 years teaching university mathematics I should be able to figure it out.

Could someone please explain a setup process to me (like a five-year old)?

Thanks for your help and patience

Neal H

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Creating Presets

1. Move the camera to where you want using the sliders in Camera > Controls
  2. When you want to save a camera position, you click the + button in the top bar
  3. Name the preset and confirm with the checkbox
  4. It will now appear in your Presets page

Assigning shortcuts

1. Right-click the preset you want to assign a shortcut to
  2. Click on Key or Button to assign a shortcut to it
  3. Press the key/button and confirm with the checkbox

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

"Move the camera to where you want using the sliders in Camera > Controls"

That's the problem: Moving the sliders does nothing. No movement of the view. Only the numbers move as the slider  moves.

I loaded the Milviz 310  and did as you said--nothing.

Went to the community and downloaded a good Pilot view but still unable to move a camera.

After 30+ years of fly sims (beginning with an APPLE 2C) This is the ONLY program that I cannot get to work. What on earth am I missing? After following step-by-step three different tutorials on U-Tube I am not a bit closer.  Too bad really. I would love to use the features of Chase Plane.

Maybe I should just wait for the next Beta

Best wishes

Neal Howard

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

There there seem to be an issue with the configuration. Please generate a report file from the Preferences and send dit to us via email for analysis.

Thanks!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42