Sign in to follow this  
PecosPete

GTN750 blank screen

Been trying to get this new Reality GTN750 to work in my Xplane 11-20. It fits nicely into the 3d panel of the Carenado PC12 for xp11, but the screen renains black/blank.

The 750 powers up, touch to continue and the next screen with my email address comes up, touch the small area that turns blue and then the whole screen just goes blank.

If turn off Avionics bus off & then on, the 750 powers up again and repeats the same process. The Garmin trainer seems to work just fine, although I don't understand the connection between the two, just that you need the trainer installed. Does it also have to running at the same time, I've tried this but it makes no difference.

RTN750 ver 2.5.1.0

Trainer ver 2.1.0.0

rxpGTN.xpl 18/05/20 23:06:43.774 06768 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.5.1.0
18/05/20 23:06:43.774 06768 INFO ] 

rxpGtnSim 18/05/20 23:06:46.569 06768 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.1.0
18/05/20 23:06:46.568 06768 INFO ] 
18/05/20 23:09:00.138 04036 INFO ] 

Sorry cannot attach anything to this forum yet, or would have included Reality.XP.GTN

I've read just about everything on this forum and am completely googled-out, any help would sure be appreciated,

Hi,

Thank you for the detailed information and the log files.

The Garmin trainer constitutes the core device functions which provides near 100% accurate simulation of the real device on your computer.  Our products runs the Garmin trainer in the background and wraps it within a sophisticated net of input and output capabilities so that it functions like a real device connected to aircraft systems, in addition to interfacing with X-Plane and displaying the screen.

It this happening only after you've pressed the 'button' and before the next screen shows up, or do you have time to see the next screen prior it fails?

Also, should you wait a little longer while the page displays, will it fail without interaction or will it fail only once you click the button?

From the look of it, there is a chance the problem lies with the sound card drivers, otherwise it might be a set of input data which makes it fail somehow.

Can you please enable the 2 'debug' settings documented in the 'Troubleshooting' chapter and see what the log files say?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

First of all, thank you for the quick response.

"It this happening only after you've pressed the 'button' and before the next screen shows up, or do you have time to see the next screen prior it fails?"

No other screens ever show. It will sit at the initial screen forever until I hit 'continue' button, then immediately to blank screen.

It will not fail until I hit the continue button.

Also Task Manager tells me that the Trainer is running in 32 bit mode.

Enabled additional error reporting & here is the contents of nxpGtnSim.dll ( still don't know how to attach a file here)

18/05/21 17:21:09.057 10144 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.1.0
18/05/21 17:21:09.056 10144 INFO ] 
18/05/21 17:21:34.164 08196 INFO ] 
18/05/21 17:22:52.712 02060 INFO ] GFX Debug: enabled.

nxpGTN.xpl

18/05/21 17:21:06.233 10144 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.5.1.0
18/05/21 17:21:06.232 10144 INFO ] 

Have you enabled both 'debug' options or only one?

Can you please review this tool and if you agree, run it so that you can find if the Trainer has written any 'crash' event?

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/app_crash_view.html

Just to make sure: is this happening only with the Carenado or any aircraft?

It would be worth trying with the new ultra light: make sure there are no RealityXP.GTN.ini in this aircraft folder, setup a flight with this aircraft, enable GTN 750 #1 from the menu (the popup window shows), try again.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Yes, I think both debug options are enabled, partial copy of RealityXP.GTN:

; enable video card log.
debugValue = 1
; display Garmin Trainer logs.
LogTrainer = 1

This happens with all aircraft, 3d or 2d popout.

Will try new ultra light and also install app_crash_view.

Is there a way I can upload these various files to you or this forum?

Thanks for sticking with me on this problem

Exactly the same thing happens with the ultra light.

AppCrashView doesn't show any recent or pertinent events.

Anything come to mind that I may try to troubleshoot?

7 hours ago, RXP said:

From the look of it, there is a chance the problem lies with the sound card drivers, otherwise it might be a set of input data which makes it fail somehow.

We've eliminated (most likely) the second probable cause with the test on the ultra light with default INI file (recreated from scratch). Which leads to the first part.

You might want to start following through validating your DirectX9 installation. There is a good answer/step-by-step guide in this discussion:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/directx-9-on-windows-10/7b7cec82-4a6d-4bb8-b7a5-3889aae764c1

Follow the recommendations mentioned in:

This installer is the best option if DirectX files are corrupted.
Download here:
Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - DirectX Redist (June 2010)

Well, tried all the suggestions you made, including DirectX9 but no change at all.

I hope there is something else we can try?

Really don't want to give up.

With the help of RXP we fixed my install.

Early we tried different drivers on my Nvidia 960 but as it turned out the driver in the Intel video 530 card was causing the problem. Switched to an older driver and all is fine.

My laptop has 2 video cards, the slower Intel runs general stuff and the Nvidia for xplane, photo editing, etc.

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere