Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Seattle Airports Updated to v1.2 - Decompression Error

Just got notified of an update to Seattle Airports and downloaded the latest installer from my account at Simmarkets (so far two times).  This is the first time ever in getting an error when installing a large file from the Internet and from Simmarkets but it stops almost immediately after beginning the installation with the following unknown compression error:

DD_Seattle_Error.png.6ae5f28cee0b025182f79a58e2d01fa5.png

Yes, I know it could be the download manager's issue but I have always had great success with the download manager provided with Firefox.  I think it was the upload to Simmarket.  Anyone else with this error?  If I click ignore, it will just go to the next file and throw the error again, and again, and...

Here is the info I got with the update notification:

New in v1.2:
- Mesh fixes for KPAE and KSEA
- Dreamlifter position fixed
- Jetways in KPAE in FSW fixed
- Installer fixes, many operations now done automatically
The installer is a complete replacement for previous versions, existing customers just need to remove the old version and install the new one.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I had reported it already here in this forum, but it was obviously overseen. DD and Simmarket are informed. In the DD forum, other users reported the same issue.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Thank you very much Jim for the heads up! I was just downloading the file when I read your topic.

Best regards

Pat Mussotte

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

Works now. The defect file has been replaced.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

42 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Works now. The defect file has been replaced.

Thank you very much Nemo!

Cheers

Pat Mussotte

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

Unfortunately, there is still a steep cliff South from runway 34R, just where the approach lighting begins. Do others see this too?

- Harry 

I deleted the installer last night because of the error. Glad to hear it's fixed.  I'll download it again.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

2 hours ago, Nemo said:

Unfortunately, there is still a steep cliff South from runway 34R, just where the approach lighting begins. Do others see this too?

I recall visiting SEA and doing photography off that runway that it is raised compared to ground level.  Could that be the reason?

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

13 hours ago, Nemo said:

I had reported it already here in this forum, but it was obviously overseen. DD and Simmarket are informed. In the DD forum, other users reported the same issue.

Thanks Harry for the info.  Apologize for posting a new topic.  Did not see your post in another topic.  Probably best to start a new topic when updates are released instead of adding to an old topic.  Just downloaded it again and the installer worked!  Now to check out the anomaly you are seeing on approach to 34R.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

8 hours ago, Nemo said:

I do not see it.  I have DD's KSEA installed.

Submit News to AVSIM

26 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

I do not see it.  I have DD's KSEA installed.

I have DDs Seattle X complete (city and all airports) and see this steep cliff. Maybe it is a leftover from T2G KSEA which I had installed before I moved to DDs KSEA. I can minimize that anomaly by disabling two mesh files, one from FSGlobal and one from FTX PNW. Default mesh in this area is pretty good anyway.

- Harry 

Now an update to v1.2 to Seattle X:

New in v1.2:
- Mesh fixes for KPAE, KSEA, S60 and W55.
- Installer fixes, many operations now done automatically

Please note: the product is added to the Scenery Library automatically, please do not add it manually. This will result in buildings not being displayed. To fix the issue:
>in P3Dv4 please remove all Seattle X entries in the Scenery Library
>in other sims please remove any duplicated Seattle X entries from the Scenery Library

Submit News to AVSIM

Thank you very much for the heads up ! By the way is there an uninstaller for it? It is not listed in ADD/REMOVE programs!

Regards

Pat Mussotte

Patrick Mussotte

Is this safe to buy now? I've had it in my basket since Jim's other thread started.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

3 hours ago, Pat Mussotte said:

By the way is there an uninstaller for it? It is not listed in ADD/REMOVE programs!

There is no add/remove uninstall program.  In their manuals, it states, "To uninstall/deactivate the product simply remove its Scenery Library entry (in P3Dv4 you need to remove the “add-on.xml” located in My Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Seattle X folder).  After that please execute the “SeattleCityX to NO.reg” file located in Start menu\All programs\Drzewiecki Design\Seattle City X.  Additionally you can remove the “Seattle X” folder from the FS/Addon Scenery however this will also remove the Seattle Airports X product if installed, since both products share the same folder.

Submit News to AVSIM