Sign in to follow this  
dores893

Some issues with P3Dv4 in the 777

16 hours ago, dores893 said:

I don't believe you have the capacity to provide support.  Your ego is too closely attached to your product to listen to the customer. "It can't be me so it must be you."  Is this how to you talk to people at Boeing??  I've never seen such unprofessional behavior from a developer.  

It literally has nothing to do with ego. I'm providing facts, which you are ignoring. The only ego in this discussion is the one refusing to acknowledge facts in light of avoiding damaging the aforementioned ego. You've got me, Xhristos', and now another user with evidence to support the actual condition. The only thing that would have someone ignore those facts would be ego, and you'll note that I'm siding with the facts, so the ego issue is located somewhere else.

14 hours ago, dores893 said:

Nothing suggested above appears to be close to the actual fix, so I wanted to let on how I fixed some but not all of the issues:

Firstly, mostly everything related to the PMDG products can be fined tuned in the Operations Center. 

1.  For the wailer on the 777, go to the appropriate livery (and sim version) and go into aircraft specific settings and then to warnings.  Then you can select single or double press on the autopilot and how you wish to reset the master caution. 

2.  For the 747, simply install all the updates requested in the notification center.  

3.  Regarding Mode Charlie in vPilot and P3dV4, this is an issue between the two programs.  None of the PMDG aircraft in V4 can make vPilot squawk Mode Charlie like they can in V3.  I didn't check Ident.

Now, was that so difficult?

I think this is a question that you may want to ask yourself, as I provided you the answers to all of this rather early on, and you decided to point fingers saying that the code was wrong instead of actually trying them.

...interestingly enough you still have them partially incorrect here:

1. This option is a workaround for those who don't wish to use the proper method of disengaging the AP - i.e. the way you would do so in the actual plane, out in the real world. As I also mentioned earlier, the master caution silence on press is not a proper way to address the issue you're seeing. Yes, it silences the alarm after you disengage the AP, but it's not meant to be at all related to AP disengagement, as much as it's an option for being able to silence any sort of master caution alarm by pressing that button. Yes - it works. It is not the proper way, however, and that proper way will work regardless of that option setting. That option, for what it's worth, is a real world option. A crew in the real world wouldn't be able to rip through a bunch of config panels to change that setting to press the master caution button to shut the alarm up. Rather, they would simply do what I've been telling you since I entered this thread: hit AP DISCO - wait - hit AP DISCO again. Done. You are literally making a mountain out of an ant hill here.

2. Yes. Something solved by something I suggested. Imagine if you'd been doing that this whole time.

3. I don't see any evidence provided to support your claim. Did you try running both as an admin as I've been suggesting? I also find it interesting (though not at all surprising, given the way in which you've engaged literally every single person other than yourself in this thread) that you've immediately dismissed Kevin's videos by asserting (without evidence, as his config screens are never present in his videos) that he has an option set that would conveniently support your assertion. You're not wrong: he could have this option set, but, my key issue with this discussion is that you walked in here with all of this "solved" in your head: this is how I see it, this is how it must be - it cannot be any other way.

...and when I suggested that you are the cause of some/all of the issues you reported, instead of taking the rational approach of checking to see if that was the case, the ego defense walls went up, and I got responses filled with ad hom, instead of "okay, let me check some of those things and get back to you." So, we're now several more responses deeper into this thread than we would have otherwise needed to be.

Here's the kicker:
I'm not opposed, and I'm willing to bet that Xhristos is not opposed (actually, no, seeing his email and bug reporting traffic, I know he's not opposed) to going to the team and saying "hey - looks like there's an issue here, so please address."

...but when your computer says "the world is round," and Xhristos' computer says "the world is round," and Kevin's computer is seemingly saying "the world is round," and there's a lack of tickets suggesting otherwise, I'm not going to suddenly believe the world is flat because one person in the forum showed up, provided no evidence, ignored suggestions on how to fix the issue, and fired up a barrage of ad hominem attacks in place of rationally accepting the support that had been provided...and said "the world is flat" and on top of that "you're in denial, you need to keep your ego in check, and [insert various other unrelated issues to the facts at hand]."

You want to attack me and call me names, that's fine. If you think I'm a jerk, that's fine.

...but the facts are the facts.

Kyle Rodgers

I didn't bother hooking up my mic for this, but, here's a quick video:

Note that the sim (as shown in the title bar) is P3Dv4. The aircraft is the 777. The client is vPilot.

I will - in an effort to be moderately helpful - remind you that when you install a new version of a simulator, you also need to update your version of FSUIPC. This is not a PMDG requirement, as much as it is a vPilot one (the vPilot docs state "Reads transponder mode from FSX if the aircraft supports the SquawkBox FSUIPC offsets" - we are setting this, as you can see in the fact that it's working in v3 for you, but since your v4 install might not have FSUIPC installed, the offset cannot be set, and therefore read).

Kyle Rodgers

vPilot - 2.1.5 - Released 2017-06-01 ==================================== - 0002622: Add support for detecting P3D V4.

Just a hint...

(works fine here too, btw... But I was nasty enough to run everything as admin, so.. sry about that.)

On 5/22/2018 at 12:00 AM, dores893 said:

Air Kevin. LMFAO

Not really sure what's so funny. The nice thing about flight simulators is you can do pretty much whatever you want. I take it you find every other virtual airline out there funny? For what it's worth, I've had this airline around since 2003.

it can be done (telling Vpilot to squawk mode Charlie inside the cockpit) in V4, just not in PMDG aircraft.

So what you're telling me is that the fact that it works on my end is just my imagination. Got it. Like I said, if there was an issue, I would have heard about it from the air traffic controllers, and as evidenced by two videos, I didn't. Need more proof? Here you go. Start from 5:48:30. I talked to several controllers at this point, so if there were any issues, I'm sure one of them would have said something.

Maybe you should check your Vpilot settings Kevin, because you might have Mode Charlie set to automatically go on at takeoff. 

I don't, that much I know.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Guys he is an word not allowed let's say person. Don't bother. 

I like the most when he complains that V4 broke stuff with the AP disc, while he was simply to mmh "unwise" to remember the settings (HE changed in V3). 

On 5/22/2018 at 3:33 PM, scandinavian13 said:

...but the facts are the facts.

But... But... Facts are so oppressive. 

(Snowflakes don't like facts)

Edited by 30K
  • Like 1

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 11:35 PM, dores893 said:

I've been flying the PMDG 777 in VATSIM for a few years on P3DV3.

Well Jimmy,

I just don't know what to say since I've never owned V3, but I have been running V4 since it was released.  I started using vPilot since it was released with out any problems.  I just looked at my logs and I have almost 1,000 hours on the PMDG B777/747 on VATSIM using P3Dv4 without any issues.  As I've said before it is certainly possible that I am doing something wrong. 🙂

• Like 1

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam