Sign in to follow this  
nocaltom

TFDI 717 how is it?

1 hour ago, JustanotherPilot said:

Won't be disappointed if you buy it.

That's what I'm hearing/reading. But I noticed Collin responded within the message thread, but didn't mention a word re: any FlightSimExpo Promo codes?!  <sigh>

Mike

I bought it right when it was released and I would definitely recommend it. I'm using the aircraft in v4 as an Opt-In Beta user. I don't find the updates to be slow at all. I have not once had a CTD or poor FPS when using the 717 and since the last update it was a very smooth flight and performance actually increased. Great visuals, great sounds, all the systems modeled that are relevant to completeing a flight from start to finish, and a good add-on manager that checks for updates every time you load it. Also suport from the TFDi team is superb. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Just my 2 cents: They made RealLight and TrueGlass and provided them for free in their flagship product long after it was released. Product updates have still been forthcoming, "frequency" of updates argument aside it's a great aircraft. I  don't regret the purchase at all. It really "shines" in P3DV4. I've used their tech support a few times and have had issues addressed in both cases , so no complaint here.

Edited by Slayer
  • Upvote 2

A little Great aircraft ! The update are not slow at all...:gaul:

Regards,

• Upvote 2

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

9 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I narrowed down the fix for the issue in about 2 hours, so I hope you guys can get a solution out soon!

And you don't share it ?  Really ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

8 hours ago, Mitch24 said:

It's a solid airplane, very detailed, but it's hard on the Frames. I wish they would improve the performance. 

We've been working on addressing that in the last few updates as best we can.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Collin Biedenkapp
Chief Executive Officer
TFDi Design (Invernyx) | Website

3 hours ago, orbmis said:

That's what I'm hearing/reading. But I noticed Collin responded within the message thread, but didn't mention a word re: any FlightSimExpo Promo codes?!  <sigh>

Mike

We definitely appreciate the support - and we always do promos during events! @GameSyns is the marketing guy, so exact specifics are more up his alley.

• Upvote 1

Collin Biedenkapp
Chief Executive Officer

I also bought this aircraft in the 1st week of release and opted into the Beta.

I've flown on these in real life and was always impressed by this plane.

I concur with everything said so far but what hasn't been mentioned is the Add-On Manager. I believe this is one of the best if not the best in the business. Never had a problem with it and works perfectly every time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, TurbofanDude said:

We've been working on addressing that in the last few updates as best we can.

Thank you! 

Developers, take notes, this is how you properly treat a customer. 

Edited by Mitch24

It has a been a very solid performer for me.  No CTD in months, good on performance and a lot of fun to fly.  The obvious point is.....everyone's rig and tweaks are different so mileage may vary.  For me it is a great plane.  

you couldn't have said that better- its a winner

Although some features are missing (sec flp, etc.) I think this aircraft has come a long way, I am lucky not to have any of the performance issues (even at major payware airports). The aircraft is doing its job from a day to day operations perspective. One thing that separate TFDI from others (IMO), is their transparency, open beta, and their willingness to listen to their customers... great add on! 

John.

• Upvote 1

When will this aircraft simulation be out of it's beta testing stage?

I thought about buying this months ago, but was put off by it's beta stage of development.

I suppose it's the honest approach to sell a product that's sold as "beta", than just sticking it out as a finished article and then patching up the finished article when the complaints arrive in the in box!

Best wishes.

2 hours ago, charlie130 said:

When will this aircraft simulation be out of it's beta testing stage?

I thought about buying this months ago, but was put off by it's beta stage of development.

I suppose it's the honest approach to sell a product that's sold as "beta", than just sticking it out as a finished article and then patching up the finished article when the complaints arrive in the in box!

Best wishes.

We're aiming to get the final update out VERY soon.

• Like 1

Collin Biedenkapp
Chief Executive Officer

22 hours ago, orbmis said:

Mike

We will offer on-site promotions during FSE, no word yet on if that will be extended to our website as well.