Sign in to follow this  
BobKK47

Integrating F1 GTN 750 into the A2A cherokee panel

I purchased the A2A cherokee 180 and installed the Flight 1 GTN 750 into the aircraft but...it only appears as a movable 2D panel in the cherokee VC.   I want to integrate the GTN 750 into the 3d Cherokee panel.  I know this can be done as I've seen it in a youtube video.      The Cherokee manual provided by A2A does not discuss this matter.

Does anyone know how this can be accomplished and/or is there a tutorial that will provide this informaton?

Thanks for any information.

Bob

FSX\a2a\Cherokee180\Tools\Aircraft Configurator

Do not use the F1 config tool.

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

Thanks for the information.

I took a look at the Aircraft Configurator but, to be honest, I can't figure out how I would use it to integrate the GTN 750 into the Cherokee VC.

Is there a tutorial that is available?

Edited by BobKK47

Well after delving into this a little more, it appears that I'm out of luck because the Cherokee 180 for the FSX boxed version does not have the "airport configurator" utility,  as far as I can tell.  It does not appear in the appropriate A2A folder or any sub-folders.

It does have an "input configurator" but this utility won't accomplish what my original post was addressing.   So I have to use the 2d version of the GTN 750 unless I upgrade to the FSX Steam version or P3d.  

Edited by BobKK47

I have this airplane installed in FSX Acceleration, and it has the capability.

No need for Steam or P3D.

The Tools folder has three files in it..

How many do you see?

One of the files is ac.cfg.. do you have it, what are the contents?

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Problem resolved.

When I initially installed the Cherokee, the Aircraft Configurator was not in the Tools Folder.  So, I assumed that it simply wasn't available for my version of FSX (boxed version).   Yesterday, I posted this issue on the A2A Cherokke forum and explained the problem.  Nick, who I believe is the forum moderator,  advised that an update file was available and recommended that I download and install it, which I did this morning.  The Aircraft Configurator, along with the Input Configurator and a file called "ac.cfg" are now in the Tools folder.   I just activated the GTN 750 in the Cherokee cockpit.  

Bob

36 minutes ago, BobKK47 said:

Problem resolved.

When I initially installed the Cherokee, the Aircraft Configurator was not in the Tools Folder.  So, I assumed that it simply wasn't available for my version of FSX (boxed version).   Yesterday, I posted this issue on the A2A Cherokke forum and explained the problem.  Nick, who I believe is the forum moderator,  advised that an update file was available and recommended that I download and install it, which I did this morning.  The Aircraft Configurator, along with the Input Configurator and a file called "ac.cfg" are now in the Tools folder.   I just activated the GTN 750 in the Cherokee cockpit.  

Bob

:biggrin:

Bert