Sign in to follow this  
rsperge

windows 10 telling me uninstall norton/1803 update

I have windows 10, but its telling me it won't install a recent update from 1803, because I have Symantec endpoint protection., Norton.

Its telling me to uninstall it then would download this update for version 1803.  The problem is I do not have the key to reinstall Norton, and then I would loose my anti viral protection, which I do not want to do.

Is there any solution to avoiding this specific update 1803 ?  I went into advanced options and delayed it for a few days.

You have Windows Defender built into Windows 10 and unless you have Defender turned off you do not need Norton.  I myself, and a host of others here (based a recent related topic) use the combination of Defender and Malware Bytes premium antimalware program for our protection.  Doing a great job without drawing my resources as Norton used to do (under previous Windows versions).

Your Norton may be conflicting with Defender, causing the issue.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

If you logon to your Norton Account you can either obtain the install key from there or just re-install it directly from you account.

Asus Maximus Hero XI , i7-8086, 16 Gb RAM, nVidia GTX 1080 ti