Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

QualityWings 787 for P3Dv4 soon?

I just read on FSElite that the QW787 NDA was lifted so videos and streams are now available. I watched one of the beta testers host two live streams and instead of showing the upcoming QW787 in a professional manner demonstrating its v4 features I thought I was watching an AirForceProud95 video due to the language and joking. I left the stream and the only thing that came to mind was, I hope they are not examples of the beta testers QW was using to work out the bugs in there aircraft. I'm sure they don't represent the group as a whole but you figured a first time preview would be done in better taste. I watch Twitch so I know what goes on. Beta testers for products like PMDG, Maddog and FSLabs first time streams/videos are done professionally showing the company and product in good light. Some of the stuff they were doing on VATSIM is a reason why many folks avoid VATSIM.

https://fselite.net/previews/qualitywings-simulation-ultimate-787-p3dv4-video/

https://fselite.net/news/rumour-is-the-qualitywings-simulation-787-p3dv4-due-for-release-soon/

https://www.twitch.tv/nickflightx

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Always a bad omen when the beta-testers appear to be complete imbeciles on Twitch streams - completely unaware that they are risking the reputation of the company and the aircraft they are representing. 

Never a good start to any new release.

Thanks for posting.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Always a bad omen when the beta-testers appear to be complete imbeciles on Twitch streams - completely unaware that they are risking the reputation of the company and the aircraft they are representing. 

Never a good start to any new release.

Thanks for posting.

LOL! :biggrin:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Well that was a seriously poor presentation to preview the product on V4.  On the flip side, the aircraft looks awesome.  Given the FSX version was released last fall, this should be a pretty solid release.   Release in May . so next 10 days! woohoo!

• Like 2

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

OMG! That stream is just unbearable to witness...

What are they doing?! Just goofing around like that is just (in my opinion) extremely bad publicity of the product. The plane looks awesome! But those people (beta-testers?! :unsure: :blink:) are simply acting like 8-year olds.

Why do they have 2 planes on top of each other?! Why do they want to present the 787 with a 'birth-defect'`?! That's just plain stupid, in my opinon. I will have to agree with @ErichB - that manner of acting and publicly displaying an upcoming product, just goes against everything I would have thought about serious testers... *SIGH*

I had to turn if off, after 2 minutes... 

Edited by Anders Bermann
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Can't believe they have kids beta testing it. If I was the dev, they would be gone by lunch time.

• Like 3

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

37 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

If I was the dev, they would be gone by lunch time.

Let's hope they get pulled. 
That stream was an embarrassment. 

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

2 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Let's hope they get pulled. 
That stream was an embarrassment. 

It seems to be a general thing on Twitch - guys streaming on their own are fine (usually) but as soon as they do dual streams they try to one-up each other to be biggest tool in the box. - i bet there is huge irony in that comment.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ErichB said:

It seems to be a general thing on Twitch - guys streaming on their own are fine (usually) but as soon as they do dual streams they try to one-up each other to be biggest tool in the box. - i bet there is huge irony in that comment.

Agreed.

Still - I would have thought, that being a beta-tester, and being able to showcase an upcoming product, would require certain code-of-conduct and - at least - some seriousness about what they were doing.

• Like 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

1 minute ago, Anders Bermann said:

Agreed.

Still - I would have thought, that being a beta-tester, and being able to showcase an upcoming product, would require certain code-of-conduct and - at least - some seriousness about what they were doing.

I think that will change.  Either that video will be removed or QW will move to implement something.

However - apart from being Mr Grumpy Boots, the aircraft does look good (and certainly sound good).  from the few snippets I watched.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

+1 That was pretty bad! Not the best way to show a "serious product". I'm looking forward to the release but this doesn't give much credit to QW IMHO.

Edited by pedrotrindade
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ErichB said:

However - apart from being Mr Grumpy Boots, the aircraft does look good (and certainly sound good).  from the few snippets I watched.

Now, I've been called a lot of things, but 'Mr Grumpy Boots' isn't one of them :laugh:

Cheers!

• Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

1 minute ago, Anders Bermann said:

Now, I've been called a lot of things, but 'Mr Grumpy Boots' isn't one of them :laugh:

I was referring to me 😁

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ErichB said:

I was referring to me 😁

LOL! It seemed fitting on me as well, in the situation... :laugh:

• Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Unwatchable.

• Like 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020