Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

QualityWings 787 for P3Dv4 soon?

5 minutes ago, Jude Bradley said:

Unwatchable.

Indeed! 
My face, looked like my avatar, when watching it! 

Edited by Anders Bermann
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

33 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Now, I've been called a lot of things, but 'Mr Grumpy Boots' isn't one of them :laugh:

Cheers!

Now come on we all know that's me. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

14ppkc-6.png

3 minutes ago, tooting said:

Now come on we all know that's me. 

Yh.  You definitely win  😍

• Like 1

As I've always said anyone wants to sit next to me in my iocc for an hour at the weekend or evening (when the bosses arnt in)  you'll will be AMAZED at some of stuff we, engineering and crewing, hear and then deal with.  Amazed I promise you, enough to turn anyone insane. We call it 'the curse of oc' 

Back to topic though. I was lucky enough to get to 'have a go' with the qw 787 beta.  It's a nice product, I was impressed and did 6 flights with zero issues. 

Edited by tooting
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

17 minutes ago, tooting said:

Back to topic though. I was lucky enough to get to 'have a go' with the qw 787 beta.  It's a nice product, I was impressed and did 6 flights with zero issues. 

Good to hear 🙂

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

54 minutes ago, tooting said:

I was lucky enough to get to 'have a go' with the qw 787 beta.  It's a nice product, I was impressed

A rare, positive validation.  Can only be good.

That twitch stream is ridiculous. QW should be embarrassed their product is shown in that manner. Not something you would see from the likes of Aerosoft or PMDG. After 15 seconds I stopped watching. If I was running QW that person would be kicked off the beta team permanently. After all these years of development and you have this clown do a first showing in P3D. About as unprofessional as it can get. 

• Like 4

Eric 

6 minutes ago, B777ER said:

After all these years of development and you have this clown do a first showing in P3D

Precisely

• Like 1

I looked this morning and only the second stream video is still there. The first stream which was not as childish as the second one but it did question his seriousness in being a beta tester. There were discussion on how he received a beta copy of the CS757 by simply making them a better video than the first release to a NDA discussions and if they were enforceable in certain countries. There was also side talk of another beta testing going on. I wonder who that could be? A quick search of the username on FB told me enough about the users qualifications and why we saw what we did. He wasn't the only QW787 beta tester on the stream. Thankfully we have individuals like tooting (Pete) to let us know its a great product and I look forward to the 787 release despite what I watched on Twitch.  

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

5 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

I looked this morning and only the second stream video is still there. The first stream which was not as childish as the second one, did question his seriousness in being a beta tester. There were discussion on how he received a beta copy of the CS757 by simply making them a better video than the first release to a NDA discussions and if they were enforceable in certain countries. There was also side talk of another beta testing going on. I wonder who that could be? A quick search of the username on FB told me enough about the users qualifications and why we saw what we did. He wasn't the only QW787 beta tester on the stream. Thankfully we have individuals like tooting (Pete) to let us know its a great product and I look forward to the 787 release despite what I watched on stream.  

Yup, just saw his picture from social media. Looks to be about 14 years old if that. Most big time developers have actual pilots and tech engineers along with long established sim folks beta test these high value products. This does concern me enough that I will no longer instantly buy this now. This calls into question their beta processes for sure. I will wait for reviews from trusted sim community members.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Eric 

2 hours ago, tooting said:

I was lucky enough to get to 'have a go' with the qw 787

Pete - can you confirm how the weights and fuel are loaded?  Is it a slider (approximation) or can you enter actual values in the CDU as per the PMDG/FSLabs model.

20 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Yup, just saw his picture from social media. Looks to be about 14 years old if that. Most big time developers have actual pilots and tech engineers along with long established sim folks beta test these high value products. This does concern me enough that I will no longer instantly buy this now. This calls into question their beta processes for sure. I will wait for reviews from trusted sim community members.

QW has gone from an anticipated purchase to a wait and see and think about it.

If they are that unprofessional in public, can you imagine how careless and negligent when no one sees?

Suspicious of them and their products now.  

Kind regards,

• Like 1

I can't stop thinking how QW people would feel after reading this, considering all the development time. I'm wondering what are the criteria to be a beta tester at QW.

On the other hand, lets not judge a product by one childish streamer. Interviewing someone and giving him beta access doesn't mean you know how they behave in their personal life or a stream.

One could say, that QW should had given "streaming manners" directions when they lift the NDA, or they just didn't assuming common sense. Or they did, and he misbehaved. I'm sure QW feel bad about their choice. 

Edited by Daedalus
  • Like 1

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

49 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Pete - can you confirm how the weights and fuel are loaded?  Is it a slider (approximation) or can you enter actual values in the CDU as per the PMDG/FSLabs model.

sure.  the weights are loaded with the qw dispatcher like this 

Capture.jpg

the fuel then like this 

Capture.jpg

and then you load up the sim, which is at cold and dark and then the weights and fuel is as it was when you set it in the manager.

I could not see a way to do it in the sim like pmdg.  ( i know i would of liked this)

I used the real world Virgin Atlantic flightplans for weight and fuel (for obvious reasons)  and then used those weights + fuel in the QW manager 

For the air canada flights I ran the route through fw:z (sabre) to get accurate fuel and weights  and then did the above put them into the qw manager.

The fuel burns was bang on the money and on all 6 flights i landed with a perfect amount of fuel as per the flightplan.  From being a dispatcher, there fuel flows biases are bang on the money.

Edited by tooting
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

14ppkc-6.png