Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

QualityWings 787 for P3Dv4 soon?

2 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

So much drama over nothing. Super excited about this release, waited for a while for this. Bring it!

Much agreed!  Just because some beta testers posted some videos to their own liking is in no way a vehicle to read into and make assumptions about a product; geez some ppl need to chill a little.  Qualitywings is a fine company and other testers may release more mature videos if they feel they want to; I am sure they have a broad range of ppl testing!   Try and be a little more positive as we struggle to get release of airliners every so often in our rather closed hobby!

• Upvote 1

Simon

57 minutes ago, B777ER said:

So are you saying the QW tells you how much fuel is required f9r that specific flight based on route and weights and will load that for you and that you compared what QW fuel calculation was to the real world calculation from your professional software?

If so I likely will use the pfpx numbers because it cannot factor wind aloft.

Hi Eric. 

So for example when I did my virgin to KLAX to Egll flight I had the real world flightplan to hand which told me 

A. The real world route for that day

B. The zfw (passengers and bags, cargo) 

C. And the total fuel required. 

The route string I made a qw route file with and put it in the flightplans folder (same as pmdg) I did this with Simbrief, but only to create the flightplan route file for qw and the P3Dv4. Pln file for activesky and fstramp

Then I went to the qw manager and put in the fuel figure that was on the virgin flightplan which was 63 tonnes which was planning to land with 6 tonnes on. So like I said I dialled up the dial in the qw manager to 63 tonnes and clicked apply 

Then I put in the zfw in in the qw manager and the total weight matched the take off weight (minus the taxi fuel) so I hit the apply button in the qw Config manager. 

I then loaded up the sim and the fuel was loaded as 63 tonnes as was the weight of the aircraft 

I landed in Heathrow with 

fuel: 6368 kg, weight: 172093 kg

So to answer your question Eric. Yes run your flightplan in pfpx as it uses wind data and use those numbers in the qw manager 

Edited by tooting
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

20 minutes ago, tooting said:

Correct. The forcast page wasn't working 

Is it  planned? 

Really exited by this 787 which must be hard to simulate since its rather new in the real world as well. That must make it even more difficult to gain knowledge from the aviation industry than older birds. 

Also competetion between the developers has increased significantly over the years and same goes for our expetations. 

Hopefully this is not just a low sim product 

Give it time to develope i would say 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

6 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Is it  planned? 

I've no idea. Sorry 

14ppkc-6.png

25 minutes ago, tooting said:

I've no idea. Sorry 

Is there step climbs in the FMC or no

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

I hadn’t really paid any attention to this when it was released for FSX as I knew it would be a while before we saw it in P3D.  So today I spent some time on YouTube watching videos of it in FSX and wow, if I wasn’t already very excited for this (I was) I sure am now!  This looks incredible even without any additional things they can do in the P3D version.

Never mind what one streamer did, go watch some videos on YouTube to see what we really have to look forward to.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Quick question for those of you who have this for FSX, or beta testing for v4, Is it possible to load fuel/PAX from within the sim at all? One of my favorite things about v4, is being able to do back to back to back (and more) fights, without ever leaving the sim. I've had the PMDG 777 do 5 flights, over 4 days, never left the sim, or reloaded a/c, scenery etc. I'm just curious if this will be possible for the 787? If the answer is yes, this will be a day one buy for me. Thanks for the info.

-Tony@PVD

Tony Moore

33 minutes ago, breakinghbts said:

Quick question for those of you who have this for FSX, or beta testing for v4, Is it possible to load fuel/PAX from within the sim at all? One of my favorite things about v4, is being able to do back to back to back (and more) fights, without ever leaving the sim. I've had the PMDG 777 do 5 flights, over 4 days, never left the sim, or reloaded a/c, scenery etc. I'm just curious if this will be possible for the 787? If the answer is yes, this will be a day one buy for me. Thanks for the info.

-Tony@PVD

Based on what I have seen you can add fuel and pax in sim but they are only sliders at the moment so no exact fuel or payload.

Hopefully they will give an option to add this.

I hate the sliders tbh

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

29 minutes ago, akabam said:

Based on what I have seen you can add fuel and pax in sim but they are only sliders at the moment so no exact fuel or payload.

I hate the sliders tbh

correct.

1 hour ago, akabam said:

Is there step climbs in the FMC or no

I managed to do it with manually inputting the flight levels into the fmc at each point.  this was extremely tedious especially with the 30hhz monitor sluggish mouse issue

waypoint 1 / 35000

waypoint 2 / 35000

waypoint 3 / 37000 

waypoint 4 / 37000

etc etc etc

I couldnt get /350S  for exmaple to work like in the pmdg birds   and there isnt "auto step climbs" like on the pmdg.

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, akabam said:

I hate the sliders tbh

Thats better than nothing. Thanks for the info. I guess I'll give it a try. I'm really excited for this plane.

-Tony@PVD 

Tony Moore

Nick did a new solo stream today with out his Discord crew and it was actually enjoyable and informative. There was a good demonstration of features and a good question / answer dialog going on with the viewers. This is how it should have been from the start. Not sure if QW said anything about the previous streams but it was a nice change to the initial preview.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/264260400

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 3

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

It seems like some people need to find something (anything) to be outraged about on any given day.

I wonder what today's outrage of the day will be.

32 minutes ago, jjf said:

It seems like some people need to find something (anything) to be outraged about on any given day.

I wonder what today's outrage of the day will be.

It's not outrage.  But if you want to use that term, it seems you have had a recent fair share of outrage yourself, based on your own emotive opinion.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Do the panels ND etc pop up to have on another screen?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip