Sign in to follow this  
stevenpow

Jetway Bell

Not sure If I missed clicking on something but how do I make the bell turn on when the jetway is moving. My jet way just moves with no bell.

Thank You

Steven Pow

10 minutes ago, byork said:

I don't have the code with me, but I'm trying to recall if the bell sound was ever there in the 737.

I have seen a few videos of the 737 when the jetway moves I definitely hear the bell.  that’s why I was thinking maybe I missed something. 

Thank You

Steven Pow

3 hours ago, byork said:

If you're not hearing the bell, double check your audio setup in Windows.

I recall I set the bell sound to come out of the "left surround" channel.

Good morning Byork, I did recall something strange about my sound. I use Realtek drivers and had issues getting the voice to work with the program.  After reading a few forum posts here it was said that the software has issues with Realtek drivers to uninstall the realtek drivers and just install whatever windows give to you.  That actually seems to work, the strange thing was when I did the test under the sound setting within FS2crew when it says left channel and right channel I hear them on both channels simultaneously so it doesn’t seem like it’s separating it   If you’re saying that you put the bell on the left channel that might be what the issue is. where do you think I should go from here.  

I also purchased a sound  blaster sound card that I never used do you think it be wise to try to use that? 

Thank You

Steven Pow

10 minutes ago, byork said:

It's best to use the Microsoft Realtek drivers.

So you still don't get the Bell sound?

Still have not finished work when I get home I will try.  Is there any information that I can collect for you to see what the problem might be. 

Thank You

Steven Pow

5 hours ago, stevenpow said:

Still have not finished work when I get home I will try.  Is there any information that I can collect for you to see what the problem might be. 

OK so I seem to have figured it out it’s seems to have been a splitter that I had between the audio and a chair shaker that I purchased that vibrates my chair according to the sequence of flight. the splitter seems to take over the left and right channel since I deleted the splitter everything seems to work correctly and I now hear the bell. 

Thank You

Steven Pow