Sign in to follow this  
JetBlack

VFR approach procedure

Hi All,

I'm currently using the VoxATC demo and I plan to buy the registred version to improve my poor praseology.
Currently the demo is correctly installed (as well as few voice pack) and everyhing seems to be OK. Well, almost... as long as I fly my VFR flights to a towered airfield.

If not, as soon as I declare my destination airfield in sight to the approach controler then the VoxATC dialog windows get frozen to the appoach frequency with my last words in blue "airfield in sight".
If I descend to the airfield pattern altitude and tune the frequency to the airfield Unicom then VoxATC ask me to switch back to the approch frequency... But it doesn't change nothing to the situation.
What's wrong in my approach procedure?

4 hours ago, JetBalck said:

Hi All,

I'm currently using the VoxATC demo and I plan to buy the registred version to improve my poor praseology.
Currently the demo is correctly installed (as well as few voice pack) and everyhing seems to be OK. Well, almost... as long as I fly my VFR flights to a towered airfield.

If not, as soon as I declare my destination airfield in sight to the approach controler then the VoxATC dialog windows get frozen to the appoach frequency with my last words in blue "airfield in sight".
If I descend to the airfield pattern altitude and tune the frequency to the airfield Unicom then VoxATC ask me to switch back to the approch frequency... But it doesn't change nothing to the situation.
What's wrong in my approach procedure?

There is nothing wrong with your procedure. VoxATC stops there as far as the prompts go, for now. This is a known issue that has been reported to Tegwyn multiple times, and will hopefully be addressed in the next release. For now, ignore the prompt, You can request a frequency change to Unicom from approach. The format is, for example: “Milwaukee Approach, Cessna 7274 Hotel, request frequency change to 122.8, West Bend Unicom.  Tune to Unicom, identify yourself, and “request airport information. “ This will bring the airfield “to life.” You can announce your position in the pattern. The phrase is, “Whatever airport traffic, your call sign, left downwind runway 32 (or whatever runway you’re landing on) finish with the name of the airport. The same format works for base, final, and announcing clear of the runway. After parking you can even contact  FSS and close your flight plan. If you have a flight Chart The FSS frequency is found on the outside edge of a blue rectangular box containing the VOR information of the VOR nearest to your airport. The name of the FSS is under that box.  The phraseology is, for example: Greenbay radio, Cessna 4274 Hotel (use your call sign) 122.1 (the radio frequency) West Bend Municipal (the airport). Wait for them to respond, “Go ahead” Request you close my flight plan from Dane County Regional (The airport you flew from) at one eight three five Zulu (use your current Zulu time plus 10 minutes). Wait for the read back. Respond “Roger Cessna 4274 Hotel.” 

This works for most airports. Some FSX airports use the default “Utopia radio” at 122.2

Edited by Mad_Mac
  • Upvote 1

And you can always update your airports com freq and name with an afx editor so no more utopia radio 122.20