Sign in to follow this  
OAL809

Guess the secret project at FlightSimExpo (Poll)

Guess the secret project  

251 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Guess the secret project

• Dynamic Environmental engine(external flight dynamics,icing accum affecting perf,realistic turb sim etc)
    • 787 or 737 MAX or both
    • Something new in the 747-8 technology (ex completely 747 sim -circuit breakers etc)
    • One of the following airbuses A330 or A340 or A350 or A380
    • Full motion flight sim center running pmdg soft
    • New flightsim platform built from scratch by PMDG
    • Xplane conversion all products
    • Crash simulation engine inside p3d (fires,debris etc)
    • Bombardier Cseries or Embraer Ejets
    • Instructor Station (manage failures etc)
    • 767 remake or collab with level d 757
    • CPDLC implementation with new Swift vatsim client
    • Other

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/05/2018 at 03:57 PM

11 hours ago, kevinh said:

Hooke’s Law is pretty simple. Deflection is proportional to force. It says nothing about things like friction and damping which I suspect you are referring to. I don’t know what P3D’s spring model is but if it’s anything other than Hooke’s Law I’d be surprised. 

Kevin, I was making a joke with respect to the log running PMDG pogo stick gag. 😉 I have no idea how Prepar3D models springs, or indeed if it even does.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

A Dreamliner, please. A real one...:ph34r:

• Like 1

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II

Honestly? 

When RR has made it quite clear that it would going to be something completely different to what people are used to expect from PMDG about 25/26 % is voting it'll be another Boeing ?

Com'on ! it has to be something spectacular, Why else would they allow multiple threads about the same subject to co-exist building up the tension, the speculation. It means something extremely spectacular is going to happen, not yet another aircraft.

Right?

Edited by avhpilot

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

9 minutes ago, avhpilot said:

When RR has made it quite clear that it would going to be something completely different to what people are used to expect from PMDG about 25/26 % is voting it'll be another Boeing ?

This 😛

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Agreed, not just a new plane.   It sounds like something more.  I suggested in one of the countless posts on this topic it will be a PDMG Brewed Beer, a natural supplement to add a special challenge to those ILS landings you thought you had mastered. 

I didn't vote because none of the listed options sounded viable.

I simply have no idea.  But waiting for the reveal is exciting and I am looking forward to hearing all about it, even if circumstances this year prevent me from the usual Las Vegas Debauchery I've become accustomed to.

Mark Trainer

• Like 1

I'm not allowed to give a serious guess, am I?

I'll go with St Elmo's Fire simulation.  Or maybe snow and sleet on the windscreen.

On 5/24/2018 at 11:18 PM, markadeane said:

Kevin, I was making a joke with respect to the log running PMDG pogo stick gag. 😉 I have no idea how Prepar3D models springs, or indeed if it even does.

Sorry Mark, I misunderstood. 😳  In my defence P3D does model springs so I thought you were serious.

• Upvote 1

ki9cAAb.jpg

The release of the NGX v3. I think that would be the first time they ever release something without any previews or information. And he said that it's something they've been wanting to do since 2008 and hence they have never done that before. Plus I think he said it's going to be some sort of product release?

Eric 

13 hours ago, B777ER said:

The release of the NGX v3. I think that would be the first time they ever release something without any previews or information. And he said that it's something they've been wanting to do since 2008 and hence they have never done that before. Plus I think he said it's going to be some sort of product release?

But they said that it has never been mentioned before and that no one outside of PMDG knows about it's existence. They already sort of announced the NG3 so I think that rules it out of the contenders.

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

My two cents:

A full living environment around the aircraft showing full ground services with a ramp manager (sorry GSX) with whom you can communicate with from arrival to departure.  You will be able to see arriving passengers departing, cleaning crew entering and departing, departing passengers entering the aircraft and being greeted by the flight attendants. If you go in the cabin you will see passengers being seated and the attendants preparing the cabin for departure. There will be full communication between flight crew and attendants. A visible copilot will perform duties assigned to him/her.

Somehow they have been able to make all the above fps friendly. 

Michael A. Jones

signature-light.png

17 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

But they said that it has never been mentioned before and that no one outside of PMDG knows about it's existence. They already sort of announced the NG3 so I think that rules it out of the contenders.

Don’t know why people still think they’re announcing an aircraft. Taking RR’s words literally, there’s no reason to think that’s the case. 

Alex Pugh 

• Like 2

I had to vote 'Other' because the remaining options were, in my opinion, so far from becoming real.

My guess is for integrated systems so that just starting a PMDG aircraft provides the full flying experience:

- Support for voice control of ground operations and interactions with the co-pilot using the P3Dv4 voice recognition functions

- Active Sky to have an interface internal to future PMDG aircraft releases

- A fully integrated co-pilot actioning his own responsibilities

- Navigraph data and charts to have an interface internal to future PMDG aircraft releases (already announced)

- Navigraph and PMDG FMCs to support radial flight paths

- Ultimate Ground Crew integral to PMDG aircraft (FS2Crew already an established PMDG partner).

Unfortunately, I don't believe that an internal interface to VATSIM is yet on the cards.

That's my two pen'orth😉

• Like 1

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Shared Cockpit would be my wish as well as guess!

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB