Sign in to follow this  
OAL809

Guess the secret project at FlightSimExpo (Poll)

Guess the secret project  

251 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Guess the secret project

• Dynamic Environmental engine(external flight dynamics,icing accum affecting perf,realistic turb sim etc)
    • 787 or 737 MAX or both
    • Something new in the 747-8 technology (ex completely 747 sim -circuit breakers etc)
    • One of the following airbuses A330 or A340 or A350 or A380
    • Full motion flight sim center running pmdg soft
    • New flightsim platform built from scratch by PMDG
    • Xplane conversion all products
    • Crash simulation engine inside p3d (fires,debris etc)
    • Bombardier Cseries or Embraer Ejets
    • Instructor Station (manage failures etc)
    • 767 remake or collab with level d 757
    • CPDLC implementation with new Swift vatsim client
    • Other

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/05/2018 at 03:57 PM

Use some logic to exclude some options.

787 or 737 MAX or both

They have more or less stated that they will do 737 MAX. 787 is a Boeing and I doubt PMDG had the data necessary 2008. Those are airplanes that PMDG very likely would do. So you can exclude this option.

Full motion flight sim center running pmdg soft

PMDG have stated that they would do something similar long time ago. It is not a secret, so we can exclude that.

New flightsim platform built from scratch by PMDG

This would be too expensive, and it would not be released by PMDG alone. 

767 remake or collab with level d 757

I see no reason for PMDG to collab since they can make it better. Level D has a different target audience than PMDG also.

I think 4 engine Airbus is the most logical option. There are plenty of A320 and similar on the market, but no good four engine. When people earlier has stated that they would never do an airbus, PMDG has denied that. I might be wrong, but I would guess it is an A340 study level or similar.

• Upvote 1

I'm getting sick seeing (and suffering) the capabilities? of some recently released Boeing addon. It's impossible not to compare... Oh god, WTfreebird is that?! After all this years flying PMDG planes, I'll simply decline any product without such standard of quality. If RR and the team do a paper aircraft addon, for sure it'll worth to fly it. An Airbus addon? Why not... Currently there's just one Airbus addon comparable to PMDG products out there. Hopefully we'll see a new Airbus member come to life from the PMDG factory. It would be epic!! 

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II

I voted Airbus. Likely an A380, and the tech developed for it can also be used for an A350 afterwards...

I think I have got it! Ten years in the making and only the most discreet clues to its existence. 

Something completely new and different for not just the flight sim community, but for all sim communities everywhere.  

As a direct result of PMDG's forensic examination of the wonderful Westland WoodPigeon, they realized that the only way they could simulate the experience of flying this astounding and amazing aircraft, and do it the justice it so rightly deserved, was to complete the simulation right down to the impact that the length of grass had on its take-off roll. That's right, you guessed it! PMDG are going to launch a range of virtual lawnmowers for FSX! Oh, and they have re-written a 64-bit version of FSX to include cuttable grass as well.

9 hours ago, hasse29 said:

Use some logic to exclude some options.

787 or 737 MAX or both

They have more or less stated that they will do 737 MAX. 787 is a Boeing and I doubt PMDG had the data necessary 2008. Those are airplanes that PMDG very likely would do. So you can exclude this option.

Full motion flight sim center running pmdg soft

PMDG have stated that they would do something similar long time ago. It is not a secret, so we can exclude that.

New flightsim platform built from scratch by PMDG

This would be too expensive, and it would not be released by PMDG alone. 

767 remake or collab with level d 757

I see no reason for PMDG to collab since they can make it better. Level D has a different target audience than PMDG also.

I think 4 engine Airbus is the most logical option. There are plenty of A320 and similar on the market, but no good four engine. When people earlier has stated that they would never do an airbus, PMDG has denied that. I might be wrong, but I would guess it is an A340 study level or similar.

I like your sense in logic. But your new flight sim platform problem hasn’t been worked fully.

im in the dark as much as the next person about their secret project - with that said - I believe it could be possible that Lockheed Martin could be looking to sell P3D to open it up to general consumers? Is it possible PMDG have bid and won the rights to develop an entertainment sim platform off of P3D?

THAT, would be BIG news, to me. I’d be a little disappointed if the surprise is not as big as that. It is also almost coincident with the closure of ACES dev team which would’ve left many a developer scratching their heads and wondering what the future would look like.

Brian Nellis

2 hours ago, Copper. said:

I believe it could be possible that Lockheed Martin could be looking to sell P3D to open it up to general consumers? Is it possible PMDG have bid and won the rights to develop an entertainment sim platform off of P3D?

The fundamental flaw in this logic is thus:

FSX (Entertainment) -------> FSX:SE
ESP (Everything else) -----> P3D

It isn't that LM made an agreement to only develop for a specific market. It was that they licensed the product for that market. The entertainment platform of P3D already exists in FSX:SE. It always has existed.

The license confusion surrounding this whole thing is interesting to me. Perhaps because P3D got a shiny new name, while FSX only got a suffix tacked on. Still, it's not as complex as people make it. FSX became FSX:SE. ESP became Prepar3D. It's all linear, with both products/platforms existing in parallel.

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

Aah. Educational. So.... transpose P3D with FSX:SE If that makes more sense?

(all in good fun. Whatever the news, I’ll be happy, I’m sure)

Brian Nellis

4 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

The fundamental flaw in this logic is thus:

FSX (Entertainment) -------> FSX:SE
ESP (Everything else) -----> P3D

It isn't that LM made an agreement to only develop for a specific market. It was that they licensed the product for that market. The entertainment platform of P3D already exists in FSX:SE. It always has existed.

The license confusion surrounding this whole thing is interesting to me. Perhaps because P3D got a shiny new name, while FSX only got a suffix tacked on. Still, it's not as complex as people make it. FSX became FSX:SE. ESP became Prepar3D. It's all linear, with both products/platforms existing in parallel.

So developing a new sim based on Fsx wasn’t really an option so you had to build a new one from scratch?

Thanks for clearing that one up.

I would say it will be an airbus. that's their new product line. And this : :ph34r: means the new type of cabin style of airbus ( A350 , A330 neo) with black colour around the cockpit windshield. :D

I don't think anyone is bared from making a new sim from scratch if that were the case AF2FS ,DCS , would have problems, and would Microsoft have let LR in to the market.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

So excited about this announcement. I will not go into the guessing game, but I hope it will be something that takes me back to P3d, after my migration to XP11 from FSX.

PS: currently an Airbus-only simmer 😀

6 hours ago, mesmayao said:

I would say it will be an airbus. that's their new product line. And this : :ph34r: means the new type of cabin style of airbus ( A350 , A330 neo) with black colour around the cockpit windshield. 😄

haha - the trend of that raccoon look makes me cringe.

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

2 hours ago, SVA1181 said:

So excited about this announcement. I will not go into the guessing game, but I hope it will be something that takes me back to P3d, after my migration to XP11 from FSX.

PS: currently an Airbus-only simmer 😀

So QW is not enough for you then. 

Raymond Fry.

1 hour ago, rjfry said:

So QW is not enough for you then. 

Well, the QW787 looks great, and I am one inch away to go for it. but still Pmdg quality is something else.

PMDG made great boeings, and I flew them all (including the MD11), FSLABS made a great A320 as well. But we need a heavy airbus, e.g. an A330 would be amazing (PMDG class).

Edited by SVA1181

Your loosing me now you've gone to XP but it will take something special to bring to P3D and you love PMDG aircraft !!!!!!!!!!.

Raymond Fry.