Sign in to follow this  
OAL809

Guess the secret project at FlightSimExpo (Poll)

Guess the secret project  

251 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Guess the secret project

• Dynamic Environmental engine(external flight dynamics,icing accum affecting perf,realistic turb sim etc)
    • 787 or 737 MAX or both
    • Something new in the 747-8 technology (ex completely 747 sim -circuit breakers etc)
    • One of the following airbuses A330 or A340 or A350 or A380
    • Full motion flight sim center running pmdg soft
    • New flightsim platform built from scratch by PMDG
    • Xplane conversion all products
    • Crash simulation engine inside p3d (fires,debris etc)
    • Bombardier Cseries or Embraer Ejets
    • Instructor Station (manage failures etc)
    • 767 remake or collab with level d 757
    • CPDLC implementation with new Swift vatsim client
    • Other

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/05/2018 at 03:57 PM

2 hours ago, rjfry said:

Your loosing me now you've gone to XP but it will take something special to bring to P3D and you love PMDG aircraft !!!!!!!!!!.

I do love PMDG birds and I flew them for years, until a decent A320 was out (FSLABS). and now as I moved to XP11, I am flying the FFA320. A decent heavy airbus by PMDG will definitely take me to P3D.

6 hours ago, SVA1181 said:

I do love PMDG birds and I flew them for years, until a decent A320 was out (FSLABS). and now as I moved to XP11, I am flying the FFA320. A decent heavy airbus by PMDG will definitely take me to P3D.

Don't look like we will be seeing you in P3D then.🙄

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

9 hours ago, SVA1181 said:

Less likely that PMDG does an Airbus, although I really hope for one

Have people forgotten the old quip, Airbus was built on the wings of Boeing? And the 747Fs carry crates with woodpigeon stencilled on them.

Ladies and gentlemen we’ve been flying Airbus parts for PMDG the past 10 years!

Didn't know this about Captain Randazzo, from his bio on the FlightsimExpo18 page.

"Captain Randazzo also currently serves as CEO of a newly established firm that is undergoing certification as a private, international air carrier. He is currently flying a WWII era SNJ-6, a 1945 DC-3 and a slightly newer Citation S/II.".

3 hours ago, MartinRex007 said:

He is currently flying a WWII era SNJ-6, a 1945 DC-3 and a slightly newer Citation S/II.

Yep.

Fun fact: The S/II and I are the same age...yet the DC-3 is probably still prettier than both of us.

Kyle Rodgers

As it is from Florida let us say a Mobility Scooter range with a choice of Yoke and Joystick input. (Oxygen an optional extra)

Harry Woodrow

30 minutes ago, Boeing or not going said:

They bough the rights to the Level-D 757, or the qualitywings 737 classic

Answering simply on the matter of trying to clarify misconceptions in the sim community:

At this time, nobody owns the rights to developing specific aircraft. This is why there's a PMDG 737, an iFly 737, an IXEG 737, and several others. If someone were to take over someone's past project, they would be purchasing the assets - this is a very different thing.

I know I'm picking at the words a bit more than necessary (bordering on pedantry), but the level of misconception around licensing, rights, and assets in the community is pretty high, so...might as well start getting the knowledge out somewhere.

EDIT: Let the conspiracy theories commence :ph34r:

Edited by scandinavian13

Kyle Rodgers

12 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Answering simply on the matter of trying to clarify misconceptions in the sim community:

At this time, nobody owns the rights to developing specific aircraft. This is why there's a PMDG 737, an iFly 737, an IXEG 737, and several others. If someone were to take over someone's past project, they would be purchasing the assets - this is a very different thing.

I know I'm picking at the words a bit more than necessary (bordering on pedantry), but the level of misconception around licensing, rights, and assets in the community is pretty high, so...might as well start getting the knowledge out somewhere.

But some of us love your pedantry.

Also, yourself or Rob really need to throw in the metaphorical grenade on Friday and say "yes" or "no" for someone having guessed right so far. I want to see servers melting with speculation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Developers buy the rights to use a model, textures, and other examples all the time. I figured this was buying the existing intellectual property instead of doing it all from scratch and maybe bringing some of the team from either the LD 757 or QW 737 classic

Edited by Boeing or not going

9 minutes ago, Boeing or not going said:

Developers buy the rights to use a model, textures, and other examples all the time. I figured this was buying the existing intellectual property instead of doing it all from scratch and maybe bringing some of the team from either the LD 757 or QW 737 classic

The way it was written seemed to imply that devs need to acquire the rights from other devs to do a similar project, instead of buying the assets/IP, which is more of what you're getting at.

Either way, I wasn't trying to derail the topic.

Also: Please sign your post in accordance with the forum rules.

Kyle Rodgers

I thought that expo was at 6 of june.So if i can i will let the poll to continue untill 2 days more 😁
And yes i forgot the wood pigeon 😂

***I could not re edit the initial post so unfortunately the poll will remain closed.

Edited by OAL809

20 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Yep.

Fun fact: The S/II and I are the same age...yet the DC-3 is probably still prettier than both of us.

Speak for yourself....  ::cool:

• Like 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

For those who are wanting a hint:  One of the items on the poll is correct.

There.  Now you can really have some fun with it.  :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com