Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

Strange Issue noted in Scenery Config Editor

Hello - I was making a few minor changes to my FSX-SE and Prepar3d V4 installs and I think I screwed something up bad. My Scenery Config Editor now indicates 48 error files ("path does not exist). Half of the error files are various Orbx FTX files and then some other addons like some Aerosoft airports. I am concerned that I will need to do a complete reisintall which would certainly drive me to drink more than I already do. FYI, I don't get any errors upon booting up P3d V4, just in the Scenery Conifg Editor. If anyone has any idea as to how to rectify I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Dont you have a previous scenery.cfg file in your P3D folder? They are usually created by a scenery installer automatically and kept in archive without you knowing it necessarily.

Check into your ProgramData > Lockheed Martin > PreparD3 v4  folder and look for the most recent Backup_of_scenery_cfg (Aerosoft makes one almost systematically) or scenery.cfg before xxx file, rename it as scenery.cfg, that will overwrite the existing messy one and just add the missing ones.

Another lengthier way is to, one by one, reinstate the paths for each of your sceneries, but if you have too many of them, that will spoil your day...

Last but not least, if the above fails, browse into the AVSIM P3D tips and tricks,

You will find your solution.

Thanks I will look into this later when is get back from work.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot