Sign in to follow this  
AMSPilot06

No AI traffic in P3Dv4.1

Best all,

Since of today I don't have any AI traffic in my sim. I even don't have the default AI traffic, the sliders are all up to 100% but still nothing. I checked on all big airports, but I can not find the solution. Is there any solution for this issue?

Dear regards,
Red

Not enough information here...

1. do you use an AI traffic addon? which one?

2. did you change something for today, e.g. installation of a scenery, addon?

3. is your traffic.bgl still active or called traffic.off due to a traffic addon?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

9 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Not enough information here...

1. do you use an AI traffic addon? which one?

2. did you change something for today, e.g. installation of a scenery, addon?

3. is your traffic.bgl still active or called traffic.off due to a traffic addon?

Im sorry. I will give more information. I had no other AI traffic addon.

I did not change anything today. Or last days. In scenery/world/scenery map I got the trafficAircraft.bgl, trafficBoats.bgl and trafficCarriers.bgl. No traffic.bgl in these map. All these files are dated 24-05-2017 on 22:48h.

Edited by AMSPilot06
name traffic bgl

Most common cause is an old FS9 traffic file creeping into the sim.  This will cause this. Hence AnkH questions.  Usually changes made since last use is the cause.  Did you add anything scenery, AI ships, copy/paste files, etc? 

Also if your simobjects.cfg does not recognize the folder you have your AI in or the path is not correct.  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

4 minutes ago, jason99vmi said:

Most common cause is an old FS9 traffic file creeping into the sim.  This will cause this. Hence AnkH questions.  Usually changes made since last use is the cause.  Did you add anything scenery, AI ships, copy/paste files, etc? 

Also if your simobjects.cfg does not recognize the folder you have your AI in or the path is not correct.  

I only add Baeleric Islands proffesional, but that is a scenery and the new 757 from Captain sim. But I thought maybe it is due to the aircraft so I deleted these but the issue is still not solved. 

This is my simobjects.cfg

[Entry.0]
Title=Default Airplanes
Path=SimObjects\Airplanes
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.1]
Title=Default Avatars
Path=SimObjects\Avatars
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.2]
Title=Default Rotorcraft
Path=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.3]
Title=Default Ground Vehicles
Path=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.4]
Title=Default Boats
Path=SimObjects\Boats
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.5]
Title=Default Animals
Path=SimObjects\Animals
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.6]
Title=Default Misc
Path=SimObjects\Misc
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.7]
Title=Default Submersible
Path=SimObjects\Submersible
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.8]
Title=Default Weapons
Path=SimObjects\Weapons
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.9]
Title=Default Countermeasures
Path=SimObjects\Countermeasures
Required=True
Active=True

Check also if some utility added AI traffic via the .XML Method inside your documents folder\ P3D Addons.

Another posible cause could be if you have FSUIPC and you have enabled AI traffic limiter and configured it wrong by mistake.

Regards,
Simbol

9 minutes ago, simbol said:

Check also if some utility added AI traffic via the .XML Method inside your documents folder\ P3D Addons.

Another posible cause could be if you have FSUIPC and you have enabled AI traffic limiter and configured it wrong by mistake.

Regards,
Simbol

I checked all .XML files inside the P3D addons document. Nothing wrong. I have FSUIPC but I didn't touch it since I have it haha. If I upgrade to P3Dv4.2, you think the issue resolves?

13 minutes ago, AMSPilot06 said:

I checked all .XML files inside the P3D addons document. Nothing wrong. I have FSUIPC but I didn't touch it since I have it haha. If I upgrade to P3Dv4.2, you think the issue resolves?

I don't think the problem is related to your P3D Version, however I recommend upgrading to 4.2 in any case after you have resolved the issue.

Check if you have the traffic limiter enabled under FSUIPC, if so then disabled it, also have you upgraded FSUIPC recently? the latest version of this add-on is meant to run only for P3D 4.2.

All the best,
Simbol

7 minutes ago, simbol said:

I don't think the problem is related to your P3D Version, however I recommend upgrading to 4.2 in any case after you have resolved the issue.

Check if you have the traffic limiter enabled under FSUIPC, if so then disabled it, also have you upgraded FSUIPC recently? the latest version of this add-on is meant to run only for P3D 4.2.

All the best,
Simbol

No traffic limiter enabled under FSUIPC. I also not upgraded FSUIPC yet because it is only for p3d v4.2. These issue is very difficult. I also searched for 'traffic' files in my p3dv4 root map. I got only 2, I both rename them but this didn't help.

But what if I buy a AI traffic addon, should this resolve the issue you think?

Thank you for you help, I appreciate.

5 minutes ago, AMSPilot06 said:

No traffic limiter enabled under FSUIPC. I also not upgraded FSUIPC yet because it is only for p3d v4.2. These issue is very difficult. I also searched for 'traffic' files in my p3dv4 root map. I got only 2, I both rename them but this didn't help.

But what if I buy a AI traffic addon, should this resolve the issue you think?

Thank you for you help, I appreciate.

Wait, you renamed the .bgl traffic files? to what? can you post an screenshot of this with their current names and folder location?

If you buy an AI traffic tool could help but it is not 100% certain as we don't know what your current problem is. I suggest we try to fix your problem first then you can explore upgrades that you might like.

S.

14 minutes ago, simbol said:

Wait, you renamed the .bgl traffic files? to what? can you post an screenshot of this with their current names and folder location?

If you buy an AI traffic tool could help but it is not 100% certain as we don't know what your current problem is. I suggest we try to fix your problem first then you can explore upgrades that you might like.

S.

I found during the inspection two files with te name: traffic.bgl and TRAFFIC.bgl, both in different maps.
The traffic.bgl we have in addon scenery/Munich/EDDM/Scenery.
The TRAFFIC.bgl we have in addon scenery/SEATTLE/KSEA-TERRAIN/scenery.

Both files to off. Just to check if these helps the issue, but it didn't. No changes at all. I tried to post a screenshot but I don't work.
Also checked with the freeware program AI flight planner if there are FS9 traffic files on the system, but it says that there are no FS9 files found.

Edited by AMSPilot06

Right,

12 minutes ago, AMSPilot06 said:

I found during the inspection two files with te name: traffic.bgl and TRAFFIC.bgl, both in different maps.
The traffic.bgl we have in addon scenery/Munich/EDDM/Scenery.
The TRAFFIC.bgl we have in addon scenery/SEATTLE/KSEA-TERRAIN/scenery.

Both files to off. Just to check if these helps the issue, but it didn't. No changes at all. I tried to post a screenshot but I don't work.
Also checked with the freeware program AI flight planner if there are FS9 traffic files on the system, but it says that there are no FS9 files found.

You should have also a traffic.bgl inside the main scenery folder, if you are missing this it would explain why your AI traffic disappeared.

Do the following, open your Control Panel, find Add Remove Programs and perform a repair of your P3D 4.1 Content installation, this will restore your original traffic BGL files.

Regards,
Simbol

4 minutes ago, simbol said:

Right,

You should have also a traffic.bgl inside the main scenery folder, if you are missing this it would explain why your AI traffic disappeared.

Do the following, open your Control Panel, find Add Remove Programs and perform a repair of your P3D 4.1 Content installation, this will restore your original traffic BGL files.

Regards,
Simbol

I have trafficAircraft.bgl in scenery/world/scenery folder. But not a traffic.bgl. Is this the same or do I miss these file? I already tried to repair my p3d 4.1 contentt installation. I will try again to do so. Can you check in youre folder, if you have trafficAircraft.bgl and traffic.bgl?

Just now, AMSPilot06 said:

I have trafficAircraft.bgl in scenery/world/scenery folder. But not a traffic.bgl. Is this the same or do I miss these file? I already tried to repair my p3d 4.1 contentt installation. I will try again to do so. Can you check in youre folder, if you have trafficAircraft.bgl and traffic.bgl?

Understood, I will check my installation as soon as I get home and let you know the required files, names and location.

Do 3 more checks in the meantime:

1) Disable FSUIPC temporally and verify if your traffic starts flowing.

2) Rename trafficAircraft.bgl to trafficAircraft.off, start P3D, load a flight and exit.
    Rename trafficAircraft.off to traffictAircraft.bgl, start P3D (You should see a message saying it is rebuilding the scenery), load a flight and test for traffic.

3) If two doesn't work, set the traffic level to 0%, save and exit P3D.
    Load P3D, move the traffic level back to 100%, save and restart P3D, check if traffic starts flowing.

Regards,
S.

15 minutes ago, simbol said:

Understood, I will check my installation as soon as I get home and let you know the required files, names and location.

Do 3 more checks in the meantime:

1) Disable FSUIPC temporally and verify if your traffic starts flowing.

2) Rename trafficAircraft.bgl to trafficAircraft.off, start P3D, load a flight and exit.
    Rename trafficAircraft.off to traffictAircraft.bgl, start P3D (You should see a message saying it is rebuilding the scenery), load a flight and test for traffic.

3) If two doesn't work, set the traffic level to 0%, save and exit P3D.
    Load P3D, move the traffic level back to 100%, save and restart P3D, check if traffic starts flowing.

Regards,
S.

I checked all 3 points, but no point seem to work. Also tried again to repair the content installation, but it is still the same.
I really don't know what the issue is.