Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Codes for AP master switch

First of all a question:

The KAP140 manual states:  Standard captured Events:
- AP button = AP_MASTER (default Z key- Hold for engage)

I thought that meant that I could turn off the autopilot, using the Z key..

Not so?   This really would be easiest by far :cool:

As I tried it, I found that the KAP140 autopilot does not like it if I try to disconnect it, using the Z key...

SO... the manual does indicate that maybe I should be using the following LVars instead:

- AP button = (L:KAP140_LuaAPM_KeyDown, bool) (L:KAP140_LuaAPM_KeyUp,bool)

Any chance this would work better?  Or is this just to trigger the button animation?

I have not defined any aircraft specific buttons in FSUIPC for several years, but I do recall that I need to define the button, the LUA script, and then also write the lines to activate it.

Has anyone done this recently, and might help me with this?  If not, this is "for a rainy day"..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Bert, the person to ask would be Tomas,  who is the one who coded the KAP140 used in the C31R Redux Edition. He may be contacted via the official Milviz support forum.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

First of all a question:

The KAP140 manual states:  Standard captured Events:
- AP button = AP_MASTER (default Z key- Hold for engage)

I thought that meant that I could turn off the autopilot, using the Z key..

Not so?   This really would be easiest by far :cool:

As I tried it, I found that the KAP140 autopilot does not like it if I try to disconnect it, using the Z key...

SO... the manual does indicate that maybe I should be using the following LVars instead:

- AP button = (L:KAP140_LuaAPM_KeyDown, bool) (L:KAP140_LuaAPM_KeyUp,bool)

Any chance this would work better?  Or is this just to trigger the button animation?

I have not defined any aircraft specific buttons in FSUIPC for several years, but I do recall that I need to define the button, the LUA script, and then also write the lines to activate it.

Has anyone done this recently, and might help me with this?  If not, this is "for a rainy day"..

I just tried the Z key and it works fine both ways. Note that you do have to hold the key down for a short period. I think I read that this is true for the real unit.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

In HDG mode, the Z key disconnects the autopilot, but if I fly NAV/ALT mode with a GTN 750 flight plan, the autopilot continues to steer the airplane, even after pushing "Z".

Please try it, and report back!

Edit: If I hold down the Z key a bit for disconnect or push the Z button twice, it does indeed properly disconnect.  One short push: Nope..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Bert....I tried the Nav Alt on flight  flight plan and 750 and turned the AP off and on several times. I think 5 times and I did have one time that it failed to release. Not sure why.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/