Sign in to follow this  
Woozie

QW787 P3Dv4 - first impressions?

As I and probably many others are still on the fence for the QW787, i would love to hear your first impressions. Everything went smooth? Survived your maiden flight? Does it meet your expectations?

Tell us! 🙂

I’m interested to know what semi-big features are missing, I’ve heard step climbs and winds aloft so far.

22 minutes ago, Woozie said:

As I and probably many others are still on the fence for the QW787, i would love to hear your first impressions. Everything went smooth? Survived your maiden flight? Does it meet your expectations?

Tell us! 🙂

+1 

especialy what about the efb?  sounds like the pmdg thing? does it also work with navigraph?

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

22 minutes ago, VS0 said:

I’m interested to know what semi-big features are missing, I’ve heard step climbs and winds aloft so far.

You mean the FMC does not accept wind data from Activesky? 

Eric 

Thanks Emil. I'll just have to have the FMC complain of "insufficient fuel" on the tailwind routings. 

• Like 1

Eric 

Hi Eric,

There is a minor work around the wind forecast problem. For those of you with PFPX, it calculates all the fuel based on the winds aloft along the flight route. And if you use Active Sky I can assure you the fuel will be exactly what you need for the flight.

Most 787 operators land with 50 to 140 minutes of fuel left on board depending on the length of the flight. 50 Min is about 9000+ lbs of fuel.

QW787 Dispatcher has a fuel calculator for fuel required. We paid a lot of attention to the fuel burn accuracy during development

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

11 minutes ago, American 833 Heavy said:

Hi Eric,

There is a minor work around the wind forecast problem. For those of you with PFPX, it calculates all the fuel based on the winds aloft along the flight route. And if you use Active Sky I can assure you the fuel will be exactly what you need for the flight.

Most 787 operators land with 50 to 140 minutes of fuel left on board depending on the length of the flight. 50 Min is about 9000+ lbs of fuel.

QW787 Dispatcher has a fuel calculator for fuel required. We paid a lot of attention to the fuel burn accuracy during development

But how does VNAV accurately manage descents if it doesn’t have wind forecasts?

Alex

VNAV Descent is based on our internal performance specs for the airplane. It will behave differently based on the variant, engine model weight etc.

VNAV will work in the real thing with or without wind forecasts. The wind forecasting makes it more precise, sure. But in the simulator environment I think you'll find that it more than gets the job done.

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

Not familiar with a 787 FMC but like other Boeing’s I assume these wind values can be entered in manually if desired??

1 hour ago, VS0 said:

Auto-step climb is implemented. It's in the Info menu.

Zicheng Cai

Just wondering. Winds aloft and step climbs - would those not constitute a study-level aircraft add-on? And if I'm not mistaken, QW is more a mid-level, is it not? I could be wrong on both counts, mind you. 

Mario Di Lauro

26 minutes ago, tamsini said:

Just wondering. Winds aloft and step climbs - would those not constitute a study-level aircraft add-on? And if I'm not mistaken, QW is more a mid-level, is it not? I could be wrong on both counts, mind you. 

Well when flying long haul flights there’s not a whole lot else to do other than monitor fuel and plan when to step up to a higher level. A long haul flight in the real world will almost never stay at the same level for the whole flight. To me it would be quite a basic feature to be able to input steps for accurate fuel predictions. 

Either way im looking forward to purchasing soon.

It sounds like you can input steps but they have to be added manually at the required waypoint.

Cheers

Steve Hall

49 minutes ago, VS0 said:

Either way im looking forward to purchasing soon.

Same here!

Mario Di Lauro