Sign in to follow this  
Woozie

QW787 P3Dv4 - first impressions?

1 hour ago, tamsini said:

Just wondering. Winds aloft and step climbs - would those not constitute a study-level aircraft add-on? And if I'm not mistaken, QW is more a mid-level, is it not? I could be wrong on both counts, mind you. 

28 minutes ago, cowpatz said:

It sounds like you can input steps but they have to be added manually at the required waypoint.

1 hour ago, Cai Zicheng said:

Auto-step climb is implemented. It's in the Info menu.

As stated by @Cai Zicheng, auto step climb is in the new version.
See page 243 under 'Misc Options' and page 410 under 'Available Options' of the Users Manual.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

This goes against what most comments may state, but what I am looking for in the QW 787 is a mid-level simulation. 🤔

I do not want a study level steep climb (pardon the pun) a la PMDG or thereabouts but need to be able to fly what I buy. I'll let the younger and more dexterous gray matter tackle the higher, faster and smarter challenges!  

Kind regards, 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SpiritFlyer said:

This goes against what most comments may state, but what I am looking for in the QW 787 is a mid-level simulation. 🤔

I do not want a study level steep climb (pardon the pun) a la PMDG or thereabouts but need to be able to fly what I buy. I'll let the younger and more dexterous gray matter tackle the higher, faster and smarter challenges!  

Kind regards, 

It doesn't really matter, I suppose, how we classify this one as long as we enjoy the product. And, although it's been a long time I've used QW products, I do remember enjoying them back in my FSX days - especially the Avro package.

• Like 2

Mario Di Lauro

Watching Chewwy's stream, there's a pretty game-breaking bug with VNAV not populating the altitude fields correctly. This might be worth buying after a patch or two.

9 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Watching Chewwy's stream, there's a pretty game-breaking bug with VNAV not populating the altitude fields correctly. This might be worth buying after a patch or two.

Would it be possible to explain this issue a little more? Or a link to the video? Id planned on purchasing as soon as i get home tonight. And bugs that are popping up would be good to know about ahead of time. Thanks. 

-Tony@PVD

Tony Moore

1 minute ago, breakinghbts said:

Would it be possible to explain this issue a little more? Or a link to the video? Id planned on purchasing as soon as i get home tonight. And bugs that are popping up would be good to know about ahead of time. Thanks. 

-Tony@PVD

Best way I can describe it... the T/D point was displayed where you'd expect but all of the subsequent way points maintained the cruise altitude (FL400) until the first way point with a hard altitude restriction. Apparently this was bug in the FSX version as well.

Thanks for all the insight so far.  I've been flying PMDG's Boeings exclusively for quite a while, but I do remember using QW's 757 a long time ago.  I've been looking forward to a 787 release and would definitely consider adding to my Boeing fleet!

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Just asked Chewwy and he replied

VNAV: Planned TOD ignored

LNVA: Plane still followed a HOLD that was deleted

It was really interesting seeing a person who REALLY wanted to like the aircraft seema bit bummed about it.

Streamer seemed like a very good guy so I tossed a follow.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

2 hours ago, SpiritFlyer said:

Kind regards, 

The issue with this is that the price has already been set. At about $70 it better be study level! Mid level should be more like $40.

The "gray matter" will not be able to participate with inflation such as this.

But either way, CTRL-E should start your engines....LOL

• Like 2

They still refuse to send the basic 8 control gauge numbers so we can use hardware like Saitek gauges. 

I am sorry, This is a pathetic miserable  company I refuse to do  business with

Edited by Manny
  • Upvote 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Ok, I've been a long time lurker on AVSIM and this is going to be my first post. I've been flight simming since 2001. I've always loved it. I own almost every addon aircraft around. The good ones at least(PMDG, Majestic, FSLABS, TFDI, Milviz, Aerosoft, etc.). I've been anticipating the release of this aircraft since I first read about it. I was so dissapointed when they only released it for fsx. You can imagine my excitement when I saw that it was released today. It was an instabuy for me. I downloaded quickly and started my first flight. Very raw first impressions... I've only flown one flight. I should also mention that I only fly in VR with flyinside these days. I flew from PHLI to KCRP. The hud quit working once it got dark outside. Probably a VAS issue. The night lighting isn't up to par in my opinion. The sounds studder. I had to disconnect the autopilot at 500 feet because it was not on glideslope. The gauges showed that it was but visually the A/P would have put me in the dirt a mile short of the runway. All of the pilots and flight attendant audio sounds like they are sitting at a computer desk in a tile room. The aircraft reminds me of the QWsim 757. I loved that aircraft, but that was many years ago. The model seems huge. I haven't been in a cockpit of a 787 yet, but I can't imagine it being that big. Unfortunately overall I am really dissapointed in this release. This aircraft feels like it isn't finished. Don't waste your hard earned money on this one yet. Wait for a few updates. This to me feels like a small step above a Carenado product. Looks good but feels rushed. 

Edited by aaron6256
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, aaron6256 said:

Ok, I've been a long time lurker on AVSIM and this is going to be my first post. I've been flight simming since 2001. I've always loved it. I own almost every addon aircraft around. The good ones at least(PMDG, Majestic, FSLABS, TFDI, Milviz, Aerosoft, etc.). I've been anticipating the release of this aircraft since I first read about it. I was so dissapointed when they only released it for fsx. You can imagine my excitement when I saw that it was released today. It was an instabuy for me. I downloaded quickly and started my first flight. Very raw first impressions... I've only flown one flight. I should also mention that I only fly in VR with flyinside these days. I flew from PHLI to KCRP. The hud quit working once it got dark outside. Probably a VAS issue. The night lighting isn't up to par in my opinion. The sounds studder. I had to disconnect the autopilot at 500 feet because it was not on glideslope. The gauges showed that it was but visually the A/P would have put me in the dirt a mile short of the runway. All of the pilots and flight attendant audio sounds like they are sitting at a computer desk in a tile room. The aircraft reminds me of the QWsim 757. I loved that aircraft, but that was many years ago. The model seems huge. I haven't been in a cockpit of a 787 yet, but I can't imagine it being that big. Unfortunately overall I am really dissapointed in this release. This aircraft feels like it isn't finished. Don't waste your hard earned money on this one yet. Wait for a few updates. This to me feels like a small step above a Carenado product. Looks good but feels rushed. 

Thanks for taking the time to post, even though I am extremely disappointed in reading your findings. Sadly, I will probably heed your advice and wait it out.

• Like 1

Mario Di Lauro

Wow...just wow.  Another loud thud.  Thank you to all whom are sending the warnings.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

1 hour ago, pracines said:

The issue with this is that the price has already been set. At about $70 it better be study level! Mid level should be more like $40.

The "gray matter" will not be able to participate with inflation such as this.

But either way, CTRL-E should start your engines....LOL

I find it to be really sad that these developers keep raising the price of these planes, but only put in an ounce of effort compared to some of the other companies. PMDG sets the bar. Others claim to be there. The only other developer I've seen come close to PMDG is FSlabs. Leonardo software and TFDI come in next. Both of those planes are awesome. TFDI took many updates to get to this level. My feelings are up in the air right now on the 787. I definitely wouldn't recommend to anyone at this time.

• Like 1

I also instantly bought the plane and the Immersion package. I haven't flown it yet but played a little with the cold&dark procedures. To me this release does not look like their 757. It 'feels' much more advanced. All major systems seem to be working and the modeling in the VC is excellent.  

I think it's wrong practice, people to write conclusions after their first flight of a new aircraft. I don't say that Aaron is wrong, I haven't flown it yet, but I think its not right to do your first forum post, after one flight and be that negative and discourage people from purchasing. The reason is that on your first flight, many things could have been set or done wrong. I would do the same flight two-three times before I would be that certain that the plane is not worth purchasing. It had been beta tested for a long time to have a bug on the ILS. Just saying, it doesn't sound right to me. Personally I would have tested a couple of times. If the bug was there I would send first to QW make sure it is indeed a bug and then post here a negative comment. I believe its proper to respect people's work and be extra cautious when discouraging others to purchase a product released a few hours ago. 

Edited by Daedalus
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 8

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link