Sign in to follow this  
Woozie

QW787 P3Dv4 - first impressions?

2 hours ago, TrentXWB said:

That is correct around 300.000LBS 

It was on twitch but now I couldn't find his video from yesterday. At point, it was 7000ft/min climb.

That's completely reasonable.  At that weight I would expect that climb rate or more.  I just reviewed a few flight plans from the last 2 months.  The landing weight most of the time in a 787-8 was around 320,000.  It usually ranges from 320,000 to 340,00.  It would be very rare to be climbing at 300,000 LBS.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, scottsware said:

That's completely reasonable.  At that weight I would expect that climb rate or more.  I just reviewed a few flight plans from the last 2 months.  The landing weight most of the time in a 787-8 was around 320,000.  It usually ranges from 320,000 to 340,00.  It would be very rare to be climbing at 300,000 LBS.

Thanks Scott

1 hour ago, Maury Pratt said:

Same issue here; easily corrected (per QW forum). You'll see this problem if P3D's HDR lighting is on; turn that off and the problem is gone.

You have to turn off HDR in P3D to solve this? I hope not as I have all my PTA and shaders set up for it to be on. If so, that alone will forever stop me from buying it. I'm not changing my whole sim lighting set up to read the FMC. 

Eric 

23 minutes ago, B777ER said:

You have to turn off HDR in P3D to solve this? I hope not as I have all my PTA and shaders set up for it to be on. If so, that alone will forever stop me from buying it. I'm not changing my whole sim lighting set up to read the FMC. 

I use PTA and found that the cockpit looks just fine using HDR, you may have to adjust settings if your VC looks like the one on the other page, no need to disable HDR.

\Robert Hamlich/

1 hour ago, klamal said:

Is this something that is broken and will be fixed?  Or, in other words, do they plan to make it so that those of us that would like to keep HDR on don't have to turn it off just to use their plane?  I'd hate to have to keep remembering to flip back and forth.

Odd, I have no problems with textures and HDR on! Don't use that PTA either.

Edited by Adrian123

There's no need to if you do what I suggested. 

I've never switched HDR off.

On 5/23/2018 at 8:49 PM, Woozie said:

As I and probably many others are still on the fence for the QW787, i would love to hear your first impressions. Everything went smooth? Survived your maiden flight? Does it meet your expectations?

Tell us! 🙂

What a strange statement, why would you need to sit on the fence? Flight1 offer a 30 day return policy:

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=wrapperinfo#refund

• Upvote 1

11 pages for people with product anxiety?

Flight1 offer a full 30 day return policy, buy it, try it, if you don't like it, return it within 30 days for a full refund.

What a Kindergarten AVSIM has become, geez!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BlackJackBaron said:

...What a Kindergarten AVSIM has become, geez!

Nah, it's always been this way, except for (barely more than) a few!

"...We will only timidly go where everyone has not already gone before!"

In any case, I bought and am reading the quick start manual before first flight. Looks very good, by the way. 

Kind regards

Edited by SpiritFlyer
Perhaps obsessive compulsive disorder to make post perfect, who knows?
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Dean_EGTC said:

I had the same problem.  Inside the FMC hit the Info tab, -> QW Config -> Display Units

I assume there is a setting then in this menu to adjust the screen? This is based on your reply to my post below that allows HDR to stay on? 

Eric 

Yeah, how weird that people want to see reviews of a product before spending $70. What’s wrong with people, amirite?

Especially since there has never been a highly anticipated product released for FS that turned out to be a total disaster.

I was on the fence with this one as many others.  I strictly fly FSL A320, PMDG 737 and very occasionally the PMDG 777 and 747 in P3D V4.  I went ahead and purchased the QW 787 package today as I felt it was worth a shot as I do love the 787.  I read over some of the manual but admittedly not that much as I figured I could probably 'get through' the tutorial flight just fine being familiar with the 777.  I have to say I am VERY impressed with this aircraft and after my first full flight can say that I really enjoy it.  There were no bugs for me and it flew like a dream. I did a mix of autopilot stuff including LNAV/VNAV plus some manual flying.  TOD worked perfectly for me as I know many are concerned about it. I manually flew the approach and landing and the feel of the aircraft in the flare was wonderful. The VC is really nicely done on this as is the exterior.  My FPS were pegged at my 30FPS limit the entire flight (although WX was clear).  The sounds are also fantastic...maybe some of the best I've heard. There could be some minor improvements but I found them to be very clean and well done without any looping or distortions. The engine sounds on takeoff are great and they fade away as the wind sound takes over as happens IRL. The crew audio was ok, not as bad as some are saying. I do think they could improve the night lighting in the VC.  I admit I am a sucker for having nice dimmable lighting in the VC but what they offer isn't terrible.  Maybe they could implement Real Light although that can be performance-heavy. I did notice the light banding issue on the glareshield.....it looks kinda bad but I'll just keep it off.   There is quite a bit I still need to play with but the EFB is a cool feature and I am also impressed with their manual. Just wanted to give another report on this one. I think the price point is perfect for this aircraft IMO. I've paid as much or nearly so on numerous aircraft that I spent 30 minutes with and never touched again due to numerous issues. I will do a couple more flights and report any findings but so far so good on this one!  Nice job QW....I wouldn't hesitate to purchase if you are on the fence!

Edited by Flic1
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

First post ever I think, even though have been in the flight sim the community for > 10 years. I own PMDG 777/737, MJQ400 and FSL A320. 

I think with the price at $70USD, this is a reasonable and enjoyable add on. Yes it does have a few things that doesn’t match the quality of PMDG planes (interior lighting at night/adjustable integral lighting/adjustable colours for terrain on ND and WXR), but it does not take away the enjoyment of a normal flight. Have not had issues with LNAV/VNAV/ILS on my first flight from NZAA-YMML and the manual handling felt great on the ground and in the air.

Things worked as I’d expect them to from a Boeing aircraft with many years of flying the PMDG 777 and 737. I have not yet dug deep into the manuals for the 787.

Currently on my return flight back from YMML-NZAA and I will perform a full autoland. Will report back if any issues. 

Having flown as a passenger on the 787 a few times I have to say the sound and feel of the aircraft is very well done for someone who doesn’t fly in real life.

Sure there could be improvements etc that can be made but as a simmer I do not believe there are any showstoppers to enjoy this aircraft. 

Well done QualityWings!!

Regards

Chen

NZAA

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Chen Chen

MSFS: FENIX A320 / PMDG 737 / FBW A32NX / WT 787-10

NZAA 

Took first flight, short and sweet take off and landing circuit at the ORBX version of KSAN.

Handles wonderfully and predictable when hand flying. I am going to love this airplane.

Back to the manuals.

😎

Kind regards,

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1