Sign in to follow this  
Woozie

QW787 P3Dv4 - first impressions?

29 minutes ago, ms2 said:

Pehaps someone's problems are the editing of a good pln. Or a big part for a good descent and approach is to control the speed or the drags... to help a perfect altitude level in Vnav...

Well. In the PMDG 777 it all works flawless. Here there are still some bugs. I don’t mind it. I work in IT and know how tricky software can be. 

We should give the QW guys some time to sort things out and help them instead of crying for a refund. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SierraDelta said:

Gimme a break - 4 flights so far with no problems, maybe it's your VR usage that creates the problems.

Yeah sure...the fact that the 787 can`t do curves properly is due to my VR goggles. If you think this plane is ready for prime time, you have really low standards.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

16 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

Yeah sure...the fact that the 787 can`t do curves properly is due to my VR goggles. If you think this plane is ready for prime time, you have really low standards.

I laughed out loud at this... "it must be the goggles!" This is a seriously flawed product and people who aren't experiencing issues are either in denial or extremely lucky. This is the buggiest and most incomplete add-on I've bought in a long time. 

Just have this though now... after this very very long topic mostly against QW.

I don't agree this B787 is not a bad addon ! Just one to be accomplished, (the Tdfi 717 when realised was a real nightmare in comparison, one year later is now better).

Is Avsim a oriented site?

When Fslabs was in difficult with the A320 malware voluntary included in her .exe, the topic was immediately and definitively censured. A shame...

When PMDG topics don't follow a strict indentification, topics are cleared. Critics against this team are never welcome. Yes, they do good job but very expensive.

For each Carenado products the topics was'nt mostely constructives.

For aerosoft the same.

If I understand well Avsim members, except A2A, ORBX, and PMDG, you don't agree the others...  Is a danger to discourage creators making real and new challenges.

When I compare the actual "bad addons" with "well done addons" of a few years  (4) ago... I can't understand the reasons to do so... Perhaps a new sport... For Internet addicts, not for me.

Sorry to disturb this game a few moment, but mine interrogation is profond and real.

Make good flights this (day) (night for me)

bye bye

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

I laughed out loud at this... "it must be the goggles!" This is a seriously flawed product and people who aren't experiencing issues are either in denial or extremely lucky. This is the buggiest and most incomplete add-on I've bought in a long time. 

Either you don't buy many addons or you may have a setup, which somehow contributes to (some of) 'this serious flawed product'. I haven't experienced any bugs so far. I really don't understand how you can make a statement like 'This is the buggiest and most incomplete addon'.

Yes, it's not PMDG quality. There's definitely room for improvement. But as far as I've experienced: 

• It gets you from A to B.
  • It flies nicely.
  • Has quite good performance, given how advanced and feature rich it is. 
  • Has excellent exterior and interior modelling.
  • Systems-wise it's - as I said - feature-rich but - again - there's room for improvements. 

So far, I'm enjoying this addon immensely! I am in no way experiencing the QualityWings 787 as the buggiest and most incomplete addon.

Personally I'm quite impressed with QualityWings has pulled off here!

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

17 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

So far, I'm enjoying this addon immensely! I am in no way experiencing the QualityWings 787 as the buggiest and most incomplete addon.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. Maybe at some point I can as well.

• Like 1

I like the aircraft, I just wish i could assign the AP and AT disconnect switches to my damn joystick!? why have they made this so hard its like one of the important things to implement. 

Does anyone know how to do this using the custom commands they posted on their forums? I can't seem to get any answers over there.

My first flight (LSGG-LEMG) ended with a CTD, due to the known weather radar problem. Did the same flight without weather radar and all went smooth. Not bad for a new product. Changed arrival runway in the FMC without a problem.  I'll have to study the ILS arrival some more cause I ended up too high and had to go around. Did away with the AP and hand flew the second approach. This aircraft is great fun hand flying. 

That's my experience so far. Quite a nice experience.

Jos

Personally, I am really enjoying the QW787 - mainly since I enjoyed being on the team who built the very first simulation of it for Boeing in Seattle. The best aspect of it for me is that if I choose airports and scenery areas with care (somewhat less complexity and photoreal ), I can fly very well in VR - smooth update rates and it just looks great!  I have to set Pixel Density at least at 1.5 to not have to constantly lean in (yes, the FMC CDU is a little tough to read so I put it in the pilot's ND location (closer) if I need it) but the HUD view is crystal clean and bright as well and is apparently collimated. The panel graphics are just what I remember (retired in 2008), and we had to use multiple PCs to get that done at Boeing. I congratulate Quality Wings on this effort and believe that they will fix any LNAV/VNAV issues that get reported and that are easily reproducible. I do remember that VNAV was tough for our team to get exactly correct as well but the QW787 has worked well enough for me so far. The 787 aircraft (low drag coefficient) is a difficult one to get slowed down without speedbrake so some of the LNAV turns when descending using STARS will be too tight perhaps - maybe the simulated FMC will have to make some of the commanded autothrottle speeds a little slower. 

I am sorry that some of you who have tried it are having serious problems (CTD, etc) but it also seems that many of us aren't. I have no idea about that except PC hardware just seems to be so inconsistent. My config is pretty bland - 6-core at 4.2 Ghz, 12 GB, Win 10, and Nvidia 1060 with 6 gb. It would be nice if we all picked a single flight plan as a benchmark - hopefully a short distance one like DC to NYC or San Diego to Vegas - maybe with a few challenges in routing but simple and quick to test - then we could have a thread to compare results with our different PCs. I would really encourage those who are looking to purchase to give it a try and those who are frustrated with it to hang in there (remain calm) at least to the end of the 30 days and carefully document and report your problems to QW so we all will benefit and maybe you can resolve your issues.

Dave W.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

59 minutes ago, JRS182 said:

I like the aircraft, I just wish i could assign the AP and AT disconnect switches to my damn joystick!? why have they made this so hard its like one of the important things to implement. 

Does anyone know how to do this using the custom commands they posted on their forums? I can't seem to get any answers over there.

For me the standard P3D key commands and the FSUIPC commands for AP and AT work just fine. I also saw a video yesterday where key bindings were mentioned as a problem. So far, not a problem that I have encountered. In fact, all AP functions seem to work fine with basic key commands. 

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

2 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Either you don't buy many addons or you may have a setup, which somehow contributes to (some of) 'this serious flawed product'. I haven't experienced any bugs so far. I really don't understand how you can make a statement like 'This is the buggiest and most incomplete addon'.

Yes, it's not PMDG quality. There's definitely room for improvement. But as far as I've experienced: 

• It gets you from A to B.
  • It flies nicely.
  • Has quite good performance, given how advanced and feature rich it is. 
  • Has excellent exterior and interior modelling.
  • Systems-wise it's - as I said - feature-rich but - again - there's room for improvements. 

Personally I'm quite impressed with QualityWings has pulled off here!

its by no means as buggy as the crj, bbs, wilco etc etc.  But its not polished and its got alot of bugs, for example below,  Your deluded if you think its completed.  its by far completed.  you have to manually edit txt files to get a cold and dark for another example.

sure ive done flights from a to b but its just not a polished product.  it smacks of prerelease

DSC_0032.jpg&key=ce9a51f79fafe5f42e74cf9

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, tooting said:

its by no means as buggy as the crj, bbs, wilco etc etc.  But its not polished and its got alot of bugs, for example below,  Your deluded if you think its completed.  its by far completed.  you have to manually edit txt files to get a cold and dark for another example.

sure ive done flights from a to b but its just not a polished product.  it smacks of prerelease

That EGLL/ETA FUEL line is all kinds of messed up. Did you report it? 

Eric 

14 minutes ago, B777ER said:

That EGLL/ETA FUEL line is all kinds of messed up. Did you report it? 

2 hours ago, tooting said:

I haven't seen this issue reported. Checked with 3 others as were doing a group flight and there not seeing this either. Maybe it's a font or scaling issue. I see no post on the QW forums for this issue. Everyone is quick to blame the product and not their system with numerous add-ons, driver and OS updates. 

https://prntscr.com/jne27k

Edited by Wise87
  • Upvote 2

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

Everyone is quick to blame the product and not their system with numerous add-ons, driver and OS updates. 

Fully agree, often when I enraged myself against a product, few days later, I discover trough topics or friends discussions that the origin was outside this addon, so for example the camera system Esca who make swiping the front wheel on taxiway or on landing.... making the plane uncontrollable. The upgrade of Esca solved...  the plane was not bugged. 

Simming P3dv2, one year with mine brother, often he make bad procedures with planes and never recognise his faults persuaded to know everything better then others. So with new addon added in your configuration take a few time and reconsider your knowledge front a problem of question.

For navigation, essentially with VNAV and ILS the problems are often conflicts with sim data or a mistake in the pln automatically inserted in a fms. Sid, Star and approachs are disfonctionnal if the data are coming from different airacs with missing points.  Plus, In a Vnav the speed of the aircraft on descending glides is a important part of success.

The French monitor who learned me to flight, said me each landing... "Mark, la vitesse, la vitesse, la vitesse" (Mark, speed,speed, speed)

And now in the sim, on each descend and landing, I repeat mentally . always speed,speed,speed with a little smile for this kind monitor.

For developers the Vertical Navigation is the dark side of our Sim in programmation, the basic code is the old one coming from fsx

6 hours ago, tooting said:

its by no means as buggy as the crj, bbs, wilco etc etc.  But its not polished and its got alot of bugs, for example below,  Your deluded if you think its completed.  its by far completed.

I didn't say anything about it being complete! I said, that I didn't find it 'the buggiest and most incomplete addon'. Please read what I wrote, instead of making assumptions about what I meant. 

you have to manually edit txt files to get a cold and dark for another example.

What do you mean with this?! There's a panel load state in the FMC which works, as far as I've experienced...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471