Sign in to follow this  
Woozie

QW787 P3Dv4 - first impressions?

4 hours ago, Wise87 said:

Everyone is quick to blame the product and not their system with numerous add-ons, driver and OS updates. 

Ain't that the truth!

I imagine, that there's a million reasons for that. Bad flight-plan. Flight plan import/export corruption or other outside factors, which results in weird behavior or errors, which appears to be that the plane is at fault, but in reality is outside elements.

Edited by Anders Bermann

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

10 hours ago, GCBraun said:

If you think this plane is ready for prime time, you have really low standards.

i think your computer hardware might have low standards. If you are getting BSOD, that is hardware issue mate. The 787 has just brought it to the surface. You should e mail QW and thank them.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

26 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Ain't that the truth!

I imagine, that there's a million reasons for that. Bad flight-plan. Flight plan import/export corruption or other outside factors, which results in weird behavior or errors, which appears to be that the plane is at fault, but in reality is outside elements.

It wasnt imported it was done from scratch. 

It also calculated the fuel completely wrong. 

It's nothing to do with my system.  Its still telling me I'm going to land with 0 tonnes where In reality I'm going to land with 8 tonnes. 

In regards to cold and dark, 

If your going to make a polished addon you do what pmdg and fsl do you have an option where you can load up completly from the menu and its in a cold and dark state. Without having to load up panel states from the FMC. 

The way qw want you to do it is by changing qw787. Ini,  which In the Manuel they have half written but not tidied up the manual properly. 

It's half baked.  As simple as that. 

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

3 minutes ago, tooting said:

The way qw want you to do it is by changing qw787. Ini,  which In the Manuel they have half written but not tidied up the manual properly. 

To be fair, Majestic do the same, ie "ini"

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

13 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

i think your computer hardware might have low standards. If you are getting BSOD, that is hardware issue mate. The 787 has just brought it to the surface. You should e mail QW and thank them.

I have tried multiple times to accomplish a flight with the QW787 and could not. Just finished it flawlessly with the 777. Surely a hardware problem.

And they heard from me alright. This Flight-1 refund policy should be standard among all FS vendors.

Good luck with your LNAV there mate!

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

19 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

Good luck with your LNAV there mate!

My Lnav works fine. I don't get a blue screen of death either.  I know it has bugs, i was not disputing that, and it needs other fixes, but blaming a BSOD on the plane was a bit over the top.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I am on my 12th 787 flight, 4 of which were 10+ hours (sim running overnight) in my half backed 787 and so far this plane has been working like a dream. I’ve had no issues besides the minor reported bugs. FMC and EFB work great along with the other systems. No issues with LNAV or VNAV either. Making sure my system is up to par along with my million and one addons is the key to a successful flight. I even manually configured my High Res panels and cold and dark startup. It was really simple to do and only took a few seconds. Well that all for now. Time to step climb up to FL400 and sit back and enjoy the view. 🙂

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

29 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

I am on my 12th 787 flight, 4 of which were 10+ hours (sim running overnight) in my half backed 787 and so far this plane has been working like a dream. I’ve had no issues besides the minor reported bugs. FMC and EFB work great along with the other systems. No issues with LNAV or VNAV either. Making sure my system is up to par along with my million and one addons is the key to a successful flight. I even manually configured my High Res panels and cold and dark startup. It was really simple to do and only took a few seconds. Well that all for now. Time to step climb up to FL400 and sit back and enjoy the view. 🙂

I am having the same experience Dan. Did a flight from NZAA to Sydney, no issues, flew the Lnav, and landing was ok, just had to arrest the speed at the OM.

I would just like to give my thoughts on the bird. Overall it is great, but I have had a few bugs which are to be expected. I have gotten a startup error on all my panels as wells as some few smaller bugs that aren't major. The startup error required me to reinstall the 787 which was a pain. It looks to be a problem with all the QW aircraft but I haven't seen any threads about it for the 787 yet. The MCP flood lights are bad, the textures just don't look good ( I will attach an image). Anyways, I wouldn't say this is PMDG level, there are some things missing but it is a good plane. If you are a Boeing fan or just love the 787 I would buy it. I have done 5 long hauls with it and so far besides the error nothing else major. 

40594552310_404d7db7f1_b.jpgMCP by Scolar_45, on Flickr

~Scolar~

2 hours ago, tooting said:

I still don't know what you mean... You can load the Cold and Dark panel state directly from the FMC. Just like PMDG airplanes. Why do you need to fiddle with .ini files to obtain a Cold and Dark plane?

2 hours ago, tooting said:

I just love, how you state your own personal opinion as fact... 

*SIGH*

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

15 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

I still don't know what you mean... You can load the Cold and Dark panel state directly from the FMC. Just like PMDG airplanes. Why do you need to fiddle with .ini files to obtain a Cold and Dark plane?

*SIGH*

In the config of the 787 you can change the default load up state. That is about it, and yes you can load panel states directly from the FMC. 

Sorry to say that after CTD's I requested a refund. Looks like the product was rushed.

I have never asked for a refund in all my history of purchasing flightsim addons.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I think is not something unusual for a new release, every product has its flaws at start. I will give credit to QW, the product has its potential.

It can not be worse than CRJ which after a long time after release still has issues.

I experienced till now only the VNAV issue but it can be also due to my programming fault and lower fps at the second flight (without closing the P3D in-between), hard to say.

So I am optimistic about this, it is a nice add-on, just need to be a little bit more polished.

Regarding refund, maybe you need to wait the patch from QW, I think they will try to fix CTDs issues in these 30 days allowed for refund so people will have another try, that would be good.

Edited by Vali

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

*SIGH*

Well it is a fact for him, he bought the product and tested it!

I have no problems supporting a product that markets itself as "beta" or "early-access". I do have a problem with a company that stated that, after the FSX version was released, they would fix the pressing issues for that platform first and then port the aircraft for P3D with all the previous fixes.

I am sorry, an aircraft that, besides causing CTD's galore, perform some "snake" maneuvers instead of staying on course is just not ready to be released (especially at 60 USD).

• Upvote 2

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

How to get rid of the useless aux display on left side of the PFD ? Almost 30% of the entire surface of the display is being wasted by a black empty vertical bar with the clock time on the top, offensive initials not allowed ?? .

Don't tell me even the real 787 can't kill it because that's the most waste of space ever seen in life and neither the manual not the web seem to have a fix for that.

I want to start a petition about it and and that will be my core politic program to chase Trump within 3 years.

Period 

• Like 1