Sign in to follow this  
Woozie

QW787 P3Dv4 - first impressions?

This is a curious and interesting thread for sure. It reminds me of TFDi 717, which until recently I could not get to work without a CTD after about a minute. Yet there were lots of folks flying it, loving it, without issues. This went on despite update after update...I uninstalled it several times until finally, somehow, something changed. It now is usable. It's been a long time between when I paid for it and when it became operational, lol!

Meanwhile I bought the QW787 and have 4 or 5 short flights completed with only minor bugs that I've seen. Hand flying on approach has been a joy, flares and landings near perfect. VNAV failed on one route at TOD but the others the autopilot/FMS has been spot on. It's a bit of a performance hog, but only slightly so (like the 717). I've not read the entire manual nor made attempts at performance tweaking. I really like this product and for me, at half the cost of some high-end aircraft and about twice the cost of lower-end releases, word not allowed and moan all you want, but QW has a good product and good price point. I hope all those that are not able to experience a complete flight will get the opportunity at some point.

Greg G

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

I found that a few of the issues I ran into were fixed by using the 1706 AIRAC that came with the 787. The latest AIRAC, 1806 from Navigraph, is not working properly yet with the 787. 

Is there a way to "tweak" the display refresh rate similar to the function that is delivered by PMDG?

Changes on the PFD are very stuttery on my system. 

This reminds me of the day when FSDT first released KMEM for FSX. Back then I had a great running sim with smooth performance. Than I installed Memphis and my life changed. Anytime I tried to fly into Memphis I would get a BSOD or the Sim would crash from a few miles out. I got on the support forum letting them know how upset I was and that this product was not ready for release. How is it I can fly to any other airport all day long and not have a problem. I was pretty vocal. I was at the point of asking for a refund when the developer asked to remote into my system and take a look. After about 30 minutes he came up with a discover that even he wasn’t aware off. He removed my bufferpool entry in my CFG and Memphis was working like a charm. I would never have thought that my issues with the scenery was caused by my own actions.

What Memphis did was show a weakness in my system. From that point forward I look at addons in a different light. As addons become more advanced we will see more problems for some users as it pushes our systems to the limit. 

So if your not happy with a product and you swear it’s not your fault because you don’t have this problem with your other aircraft, hint, hint, than do yourself a favor and simply request a refund. Coming here and criticizing the release as beta or not ready for prime time when 1000’s of others are not  experiencing the same issue is not going to solve a thing. 

My favorite post are those that posted, ”tried it, didn’t work for me, asked for refund”. These are the folks who know.

Edited by Wise87
  • Upvote 2

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

3 minutes ago, onurair said:

Is there a way to "tweak" the display refresh rate similar to the function that is delivered by PMDG?

They are aware of this. For some reason they defaulted the displays at 18. You can adjust them yourself but 18 is the highest you can go. I believe it was mention that this will be addressed in a fix to allow user to set higher. Lots of these questions are already posted on the QW forums.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, Wise87 said:

They are aware of this. For some reason they defaulted the displays at 18. You can adjust them yourself but 18 is the highest you can go. I believe it was mention that this will be addressed in a fix to allow user to set higher. Lots of these questions are already posted on the QW forums.

Yup, should register there... 🙂 anyway thank you very much for the heads up.

47 minutes ago, Mario Rastelli said:

How to get rid of the useless aux display on left side of the PFD ? Almost 30% of the entire surface of the display is being wasted by a black empty vertical bar with the clock time on the top, offensive initials not allowed ?? .

Don't tell me even the real 787 can't kill it because that's the most waste of space ever seen in life and neither the manual not the web seem to have a fix for that.

I want to start a petition about it and and that will be my core politic program to chase Trump within 3 years.

Period 

the real thing

NorwegianCockpit.jpg

Edited by westman
  • Upvote 3

Maybe that "empty black bar" will be used to list the names of all the pointless wastes of space that frequent flight simulation forums? :smile:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Upvote 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi all.

Wel.....l've done a few flights went all good. VNAV, LNAV, ILS approach no problems.

When I read some of the comments I'm wondering if those people really know how to fly this aircraft. Do they fly it totally blank or did they read the manuals. Most of the "bugs" aren't bugs because those people who are mentioned them didn't read the manuals.

Most of the CTD's are caused by using the weather radar they know this is a problem, so don't use the weather radar.

I own a PMDG 777 and the 787 is not as sluggish as the 777 and is a real joy to hand fly.

I think Qualitywings deliverd a verrry nice aircraft despite a few bugs but they said they will fix those in about 2 weeks.

So I am really impressed with this aircraft it's almost PMDG quality and I think it willl become as good as a PMDG.

Cheers...Cees

Edited by celin101
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Cees van der Linden

1 hour ago, onurair said:

Yes, anyone? I would also like to know if this is possible. Maybe with editing the *.cfg-File?

Edit: sorry, already answered, 18 is max at the moment...

Edited by F_riedrich
already answered

30 minutes ago, celin101 said:

...So I am really impressed with this aircraft it's almost PMDG quality...

Full agree, shall become a must have of this year.

Be patient and enjoy now without radar...

Like definitively to fly with.

I've had the 787 for a couple of days now & just flew Porto to Madrid while I had breakfast.

I don't have a fireball system, (P3D v4.1, Envtex, Skyforce, AS16 on an i5-4690K, 16 GB Ram & Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 setup), but the 787 flies nicely.

Hand flying is very smooth & it has an elegance & gracefulness  about it in the sky.

I have yet to delve into the Manuals, that will come, but with my set up arranged for hot starts I wait the 20 to 30 seconds the aircraft takes to initialize & then adjust the  fuel & loading. Via the cockpit AP panel  I load a target altitude, a VS & heading & auto throttle desired speed, then depart.

I hand fly it on to the Heading then turn on the AP & auto throttles & enjoy the scenery.

So far all the hand landings have been good.

I am flying it  at a basic  but enjoyable level, but can see there is a lot more systems depth to explore.

If you are on the fence on this one, remember, as has oft been quoted in this thread, there is a 30 day try/buy or return. Give it a shot.

I already know I won't be asking for a refund.

T45

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, onurair said:

Page 408 of the user manual 😉

• Upvote 1

André

2 hours ago, Chapstick said:

I found that a few of the issues I ran into were fixed by using the 1706 AIRAC that came with the 787. The latest AIRAC, 1806 from Navigraph, is not working properly yet with the 787. 

I would check you have it installed right. It is working fine for me. 

1 minute ago, Scolar said:

I would check you have it installed right. It is working fine for me. 

I had it installed perfectly. QW has acknowledged the issues with 1806 and are working with Navigraph on it. You may not have run into the same issues yet.