Sign in to follow this  
Woozie

QW787 P3Dv4 - first impressions?

2 hours ago, westman said:

the real thing

NorwegianCockpit.jpg

Yes I know it, my post infact was 50% ironic.

The remianing 50% was not instead and it must be read between the lines a bit to understand that in the reality many things are better while on the home pc monitor everything is smaller, even on my 40" at 4K f.i. characters are so tiny that I had to buy brand new thick glaasses to read them.

This is a reason why QW should have allowed the option to stretch the PFD main screen, instead of adding a button at the bottom of them to enlarge them ala pmdg.

To Christofer : I would be honored indeed to have my name inside the useless space of the PFD, this way at least it would be filled that terrific black vertical bar.

Btw, how do you use such black vertical bar ? Usually I stick on the video a post it with the metar, at least that's is what is meant for I assume, right ? 

It looks like most of us QW787 users are running Win 10 (which build though??), a fairly normal Prepar3D PC (4.0+Ghz, 16 gb or more, Nvidia 1060 or better), but which version of Prepar3D? I am running P3Dv4.2 and version 10.0.14393 of Win 10. It would be good if everyone posted that info so that those who are having problems might be able to see if they are running versions that bring some kind of trouble for the QW787.

Dave W.

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

The two first attempts at flights ended up with CTDs. I thought it was ActiveSky as when the next time I tried I flew without it and used the SkyForce weather engine. That was a near perfect flight. Captured the GS and a beautiful ILS landing.Then I found out it wasn't ActiveSky it was using the weather radar which I happened to use with AS. I also used it with SkyForce but there wouldn't be any returns and there wasn't a CTD. At least I then knew using AS with the weather radar will give an CTD. I think some of these issues would be covered if people registered with their forum.

The price is dead on good. The liveries are numerous and free. By the way, I hadn't cracked open a document yet  - just flying 737s, 747s,777s from PMDG or iFly will give you most of the knowledge. I'll now need to dig into the manuals.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

9 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

The two first attempts at flights ended up with CTDs. I thought it was ActiveSky as when the next time I tried I flew without it and used the SkyForce weather engine. That was a near perfect flight. Captured the GS and a beautiful ILS landing.Then I found out it wasn't ActiveSky it was using the weather radar which I happened to use with AS. I also used it with SkyForce but there wouldn't be any returns and there wasn't a CTD. At least I then knew using AS with the weather radar will give an CTD. I think some of these issues would be covered if people registered with their forum.

Is radar you are referring to the one on the ND?  I didn't know QW included the HiFi Weather API.  

\Robert Hamlich/

14 minutes ago, HUSSAR said:

Is radar you are referring to the one on the ND?  I didn't know QW included the HiFi Weather API.  

Yes the WX radar. I was having CTDs. I've haven't flown with AS yet without the radar. I just simply used the engine from SkyForce and flew with no CTD. Then I read using it can or causes CTDs. That appears to have been the problem but it only happened when I had it on using AS so I'm assuming that both in combination was the problem. No idea whether QW included AS API or not. Maybe it doesn't. Just know that when I used both in combination i had 2 CTDs. I'll have to do more testing.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

its ,funny last evening a installed the 787 on my testbench tested  differnt gpu.s  single1070, 2x1070SLI , single 1080 , 1080TI single and SLI

same drivers 397.31 and 397.93 same settings  wx on , res 4K

ctd with 1070 suprized me even ctd with SLI

1080,1080TI single and SLI NO CTD

Have not have any CTD with my Sim PC , 8700K 1080TI SLI

Edited by westman

57 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

Yes the WX radar. I was having CTDs. I've haven't flown with AS yet without the radar. I just simply used the engine from SkyForce and flew with no CTD. Then I read using it can or causes CTDs. That appears to have been the problem but it only happened when I had it on using AS so I'm assuming that both in combination was the problem. No idea whether QW included AS API or not. Maybe it doesn't. Just know that when I used both in combination i had 2 CTDs. I'll have to do more testing.

I've been flying with ASP4 weather on all flights with no problems BUT I do not have the wx enabled in the 787.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

6 flights here since i got the bird. I use the weather radar on the ND with active sky and Skyforce textures (only using sky colors from asca) and had no problem at all. My experience is very good, add to that i'm heavy VR user. My computer wants to scream for help sometimes during extreme weather conditions like my last flight over bangkok on ivao during a big event with lots of pilots and lots of strange holding patterns but everything stayed rock stable...This is on a 7700k / 1080 Ti system (388.59 nvidia driver), 16gb Ram, Win 10 P3dV4.2. Or am i just lucky?

JP

I am trying to decide between this plane and the TDFI  717. I know the 717 is medium to short haul and the 787 is long haul but that is not important. The 717 has True Glass and Real Light and because of the reports and screenshots of the 787's color banding I am leaning toward the 717 at the moment. I think someone here said the 787 has True Glass but I cannot find it in their ads or options page.

Opinions from those that have both please.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

7 hours ago, Chapstick said:

I had it installed perfectly. QW has acknowledged the issues with 1806 and are working with Navigraph on it. You may not have run into the same issues yet.

This is good to hear. For a minute I was thinking one couldn't even use the latest AIRAC which is a non starter for me personally. 

Eric 

27 minutes ago, Boeing or not going said:

I have access to the QW forums as a 757 and RJ owner.

For CTD remove all FSDreamTeam products including GSX and try again

Where did you read that? I've just checked the QW forum no sign of that statement.

I've got several FsDreamteam products installed and no problems whatsoever!

• Upvote 2

Cees van der Linden

1 hour ago, warbirds said:

I am trying to decide between this plane and the TDFI  717. I know the 717 is medium to short haul and the 787 is long haul but that is not important. The 717 has True Glass and Real Light and because of the reports and screenshots of the 787's color banding I am leaning toward the 717 at the moment. I think someone here said the 787 has True Glass but I cannot find it in their ads or options page.

Opinions from those that have both please.

That's an interesting question. I have both. Neither will break the bank, so you can probably end up with them both eventually. I'm pretty impressed with the 787 but I think I'd go with the 717 first (opt-in beta version, which is apparently being officially released very soon). Reasoning: It's a slightly more comprehensive implementation IMHO (and Real Light is excellent), it's had more time to work out the wrinkles and I prefer short-haul A/C. It's really your call though depending on a preference for short haul vs long haul and Boeing type systems vs MDish type (a refreshing change).

• Upvote 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

13 hours ago, celin101 said:

Hi all.

Wel.....l've done a few flights went all good. VNAV, LNAV, ILS approach no problems.

When I read some of the comments I'm wondering if those people really know how to fly this aircraft. Do they fly it totally blank or did they read the manuals. Most of the "bugs" aren't bugs because those people who are mentioned them didn't read the manuals.

Most of the CTD's are caused by using the weather radar they know this is a problem, so don't use the weather radar.

I own a PMDG 777 and the 787 is not as sluggish as the 777 and is a real joy to hand fly.

I think Qualitywings deliverd a verrry nice aircraft despite a few bugs but they said they will fix those in about 2 weeks.

So I am really impressed with this aircraft it's almost PMDG quality and I think it willl become as good as a PMDG.

Cheers...Cees

I haven't read the entire manual - of course with three kids I rarely have the time - but I plan on watching a few you tube videos to see how to do a better job.  I was able to get pretty far with my knowledge from the 737.  Is there a tutorial video I could watch?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

10 hours ago, vgbaron said:

I've been flying with ASP4 weather on all flights with no problems BUT I do not have the wx enabled in the 787.

Vic

Ditto. 

14ppkc-6.png