Sign in to follow this  
Woozie

QW787 P3Dv4 - first impressions?

14 hours ago, Chapstick said:

I had it installed perfectly. QW has acknowledged the issues with 1806 and are working with Navigraph on it. You may not have run into the same issues yet.

Ahh that's why my South African trip was an issue. Cheers for that 

14ppkc-6.png

8 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

I have access to the QW forums as a 757 and RJ owner.

For CTD remove all FSDreamTeam products including GSX and try again

Yeah right lol

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

8 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

I have access to the QW forums as a 757 and RJ owner.

For CTD remove all FSDreamTeam products including GSX and try again

To be honest, if that is their recommendation, then I would rather remove the 787

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, ErichB said:

To be honest, if that is their recommendation, then I would rather remove the 787

Indeed. But I seriously doubt, that's the official solution.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

3 hours ago, ErichB said:

PMDG once told a mate of mine to change his motherboard.  you couldnt make it up could you

14ppkc-6.png

7 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

I haven't read the entire manual - of course with three kids I rarely have the time - but I plan on watching a few you tube videos to see how to do a better job.  I was able to get pretty far with my knowledge from the 737.  Is there a tutorial video I could watch?

I haven't seen one yet but keep an eye on youtube I'm shure there will be one soon.

Cees van der Linden

While most pilots discuss here various bugs of the model, I tried yesterday to go over procedures from the real FCOM. I can say at once that my patience was not enough even for starting engines. So much everything is crookedly executed (IRS alignment, APU start and shut down procedures). In a word, this model does not reflect its real prototype at all. There are many remarks. So I want to ask if anyone else was trying to work with this model with real FCOM and what is your opinion?

12 hours ago, warbirds said:

I am trying to decide between this plane and the TDFI  717. I know the 717 is medium to short haul and the 787 is long haul but that is not important. The 717 has True Glass and Real Light and because of the reports and screenshots of the 787's color banding I am leaning toward the 717 at the moment. I think someone here said the 787 has True Glass but I cannot find it in their ads or options page.

Opinions from those that have both please.

Paul, the B787 definitely has True Glass. I have the airplane, have flown it in the rain, and also just checked the files to make sure.

BTW, I am one of the (silent majority) happy customers and one who has “some experience “ with the real thing. AS16 WX radar enabled CTD aside (which is being fixed, and can be avoided by not enabling the radar) it is superb.

Mark

21 hours ago, celin101 said:

Hi all.

So I am really impressed with this aircraft it's almost PMDG quality and I think it willl become as good as a PMDG.

Cheers...Cees

It's hundreds of light years for QW to get to the PMDG quality level. For any PMDG model you can take real FCOM read about any system functionality and use these knowledges in simulator. As for the QW model, no one of implemented systems reflect the functionality of the real prototype. And stupidly hope that anyone will be able to fix just pieces of missing functionality and indication on ECAM. Speaking the language of the artist, there are excellent replicas of paintings that contain some differences from the original. These are the PMDG models. QW models provide only a children's drawing.

Heard a lot of great things and want to pick up this bird but overall, it sounds like it's worth waiting for the first hotfix.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

12 minutes ago, Frost said:

It's hundreds of light years for QW to get to the PMDG quality level. For any PMDG model you can take real FCOM read about any system functionality and use these knowledges in simulator. As for the QW model, no one of implemented systems reflect the functionality of the real prototype. And stupidly hope that anyone will be able to fix just pieces of missing functionality and indication on ECAM. Speaking the language of the artist, there are excellent replicas of paintings that contain some differences from the original. These are the PMDG models. QW models provide only a children's drawing.

Well I suggest you ask for a refund then!

• Like 1

Cees van der Linden

I keep seeing references to PMDG in this thread.  QW is not PMDG, they’ve acknowledged that very clearly (nor do they promote the 787 as being at that “level”).  The 787 is roughly HALF the price of a PMDG aircraft, so expectations need to be in check.

If a simmer cannot bear to fly an aircraft that doesn’t gets every single obscure nuance of the aircraft correct, then they should stick to PMDG and a few others and have fun being limited to those aircraft.

Myself, I find the 787 perfectly flyable, and a plausible simulation of the aicraft.  I’m happy with it, and I think it stacks up well with similarly placed/priced payware aircraft. 

Edited by regis9
  • Upvote 6

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

8 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

I haven't read the entire manual - of course with three kids I rarely have the time - but I plan on watching a few you tube videos to see how to do a better job.  I was able to get pretty far with my knowledge from the 737.  Is there a tutorial video I could watch?

There is an easy solution, to let your kids fall at sleep you don't have to read them Cinderella but the 787 FCOM instead. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, mwa05 said:

Paul, the B787 definitely has True Glass. I have the airplane, have flown it in the rain, and also just checked the files to make sure.

BTW, I am one of the (silent majority) happy customers and one who has “some experience “ with the real thing. AS16 WX radar enabled CTD aside (which is being fixed, and can be avoided by not enabling the radar) it is superb.

Mark

I am also wondering if True Glass is installed or not. Yesterday entering for few dozens of seconds into a storm at around 10-15k feet I saw the rain pouring out of my glass shield but no True Glass effects at all on the shield, despite my graphic settings are high.

1 ) Is True Glass supposed to work also in the sky or only on ground/airport ? 

2) Is there any magic formula or .cfg tweaking to make it work or simply it just happens ?

Thank you

3 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I keep seeing references to PMDG in this thread.  QW is not PMDG, they’ve acknowledged that very clearly (nor do they promote this as being at that “level”).  The 787 is roughly HALF the price of a PMDG aircraft, so expectations need to be in check.

If a simmer cannot bear to fly an aircraft that doesn’t gets every single obscure nuance of the aircraft correct, then they should stick to PMDG and a few others and have fun being limited to those aircraft.

Myself, I find the 787 perfectly flyable, and a plausible simulation of the aicraft.  I’m happy with it, and I think it stacks up well with similarly placed payware aircraft. 

I advise you to go to their Flight 1 page and read it very carefully. I can quote from their text: 

Comprehensive Aircraft Systems Simulation incl. Fuel Balancing function

Comprehensive Flight Management System incl. SID / STARS

Comprehensive EICAS System

Realistic RR and GE engine models and matching EICAS indications

Accurately Simulated Fly-by-Wire Flight Control System

Accurately Simulated Autoflight System with Autoland Capability

Accurately Simulated Tuning Control Panel.

So I, as a user of their product, can ask about what they promised to me.

• Upvote 1