Sign in to follow this  
Woozie

QW787 P3Dv4 - first impressions?

We all have different perspectives, but to me the aircraft does those things as I would expect it to.

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

9 minutes ago, Frost said:

I advise you to go to their Flight 1 page and read it very carefully. I can quote from their text: 

Comprehensive Aircraft Systems Simulation incl. Fuel Balancing function

Comprehensive Flight Management System incl. SID / STARS

Comprehensive EICAS System

Realistic RR and GE engine models and matching EICAS indications

Accurately Simulated Fly-by-Wire Flight Control System

Accurately Simulated Autoflight System with Autoland Capability

Accurately Simulated Tuning Control Panel.

So I, as a user of their product, can ask about what they promised to me.

It might depends on how many hotfixes QW will release, if less than 3-4 I see it hard to comply with your list, if more than 3-4 let's say 5-6, well, in this case, the gap will be be full filled.

19 minutes ago, Frost said:

The product does a plausible and reasonable job of simulating normal operations for reasonably intelligent,  but untrained,  flightsim hacks.  If you are type rated, then you have a valid point.

Hopefully when the fixes are out, we'll all be going 'wowee'.

In this community you can go from zero to hero - and back - in a day.  A fickle bunch we are.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Frost said:

49 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Hopefully when the fixes are out, we'll all be going 'wowee'.

In this community you can go from zero to hero - and back - in a day.  A fickle bunch we are.

Seriously doubt it. Yes, I'm almost sure that they will be able to fix the bugs, but will not add any missing functionality and an indication. I'm 100% sure!

I want to continue my work with FCOM and see all "comprehensive" systems we get from QW.

Edited by Frost

18 minutes ago, Frost said:

Seriously doubt it. Yes, I'm almost sure that they will be able to fix the bugs, but will not add any missing functionality and an indication. I'm 100% sure!

I want to continue my work with FCOM and see all "comprehensive" systems we get from QW.

May be a worthwhile exercise.  Good luck.  Expect comprehensive omissions.

Since they used Trueglass I wonder why then they didn't use its companion, Truelight...

• Upvote 1

Eric 

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

Since they used Trueglass I wonder why then they didn't use its companion, Truelight...

There are some well known problems with Truelight (performance and environment wise), so they might have decided to just skip it for your well being..

And before you ask, I cannot tell you specifically what the problems are due to NDA restrictions.

Regards,
S.

• Upvote 2

If you're going to bash it, at least get the name right... it's RealLight. 😛

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

4 hours ago, regis9 said:

I keep seeing references to PMDG in this thread.  QW is not PMDG, they’ve acknowledged that very clearly (nor do they promote the 787 as being at that “level”).  The 787 is roughly HALF the price of a PMDG aircraft, so expectations need to be in check.

I agree, but using it as a positive comment is also misleading, when someone says “it’s almost PMDG quality” that carries weight for anyone familiar with PMDG and the depth they provide. I’m not a big fan of the price vs. feature argument either because it’s a “rabbit hole”. If you use that as an excuse then this 787 has a very similar feature set to the Aerosoft Airbus which is much cheaper.

4 hours ago, regis9 said:

If a simmer cannot bear to fly an aircraft that doesn’t gets every single obscure nuance of the aircraft correct, then they should stick to PMDG and a few others and have fun being limited to those aircraft.

In this case it’s that they DID model a few nuances, but missed some major things when it comes to the synoptic displays.  For example they simulate autodrag something that a casual simmer probably isn’t even aware of, but completely ignored the correct hydraulic demand pump operation. You can even hear the whine of the demand pumps in the soundset, coming on and going off at the appropriate times.  Yet the synoptic never changes. Same thing with the electrics, they sort of simulate load shed, yet the some of symbology on the pages is incorrect or missing. Are these bugs, or intentional omissions because those come at the next price point?

Don’t take this wrong I am enjoying this 787, but some of us probably have a higher plausibility threshold than most.   This thread makes it very apparent that the community has a lot of interest in a 787 some of us are just wishing for the most detail and realism we can get.

Brian W

KPAE

Always the same when a new addon arrives.....

In the meanwhile I will enjoy another flight tonight. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, odourboy said:

If you're going to bash it, at least get the name right... it's RealLight. 😛

Asking a simple question about my personal reflection into wondering why they didn't use a specific software addition to their software is, in your opinion "bashing"? Did you come from your safe space to post this? 

Eric 

On 5/28/2018 at 1:37 PM, Mario Rastelli said:

How to get rid of the useless aux display on left side of the PFD ? Almost 30% of the entire surface of the display is being wasted by a black empty vertical bar with the clock time on the top, offensive initials not allowed ?? .

Don't tell me even the real 787 can't kill it because that's the most waste of space ever seen in life and neither the manual not the web seem to have a fix for that.

I can’t tell if your kidding.😀.  Just in case you are not kidding, you cannot in real life kill the aux panel. It is there 100% of the time. It may seem like it’s not useful but it is. Most importantly it has the flight number which we need to remind ourselves who we are. It displays the squawk code, somewhat useful.  It also tells which mic is currently in use along with the eplapsed time. The clock is also used on occasion.  Sure, it’s debatable how handy it is but it’s undeniably authentic.

Regards.

• Like 3

The pilots could use that space to store the hotel room numbers of the cabin crew :biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

While the claim by QW has yet to be made that one can follow along with an FCOM, you are being a bit misleading in implying these features aren't included regardless of them not meeting your personal ArmchairATP standard.

5 hours ago, Frost said:

Comprehensive Aircraft Systems Simulation incl. Fuel Balancing function

Included and easy to verify.

5 hours ago, Frost said:

Comprehensive Flight Management System incl. SID / STARS

Included and easy to verify.  Use the EFB or CDU menus.

5 hours ago, Frost said:

Comprehensive EICAS System

Included and easy to verify - Look at the MFD

5 hours ago, Frost said:

Realistic RR and GE engine models and matching EICAS indications

Included and easy to verify.

5 hours ago, Frost said:

Accurately Simulated Fly-by-Wire Flight Control System

Included and easy to verify. Have you tried to hand fly the aircraft? It's simulation of FBW is arguably the best as of the recent crop of heavy airliners.

5 hours ago, Frost said:

Accurately Simulated Autoflight System with Autoland Capability

While this needs a lot of work, it is simulated. The aircraft flares properly and the autothrottle system functions as it should during this phase

5 hours ago, Frost said:

Accurately Simulated Tuning Control Panel.

This is included and easy to verify

5 hours ago, Frost said:

The thing is everything that was "promised" here is included in this simulation.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU