Sign in to follow this  
Woozie

QW787 P3Dv4 - first impressions?

I did two flights tonight from LAX to DFW and back and didn't experience any issues. Nav system performed as programmed, fps were steady.  Guess I got lucky. I'll perform more flights tomorrow.

• Like 2

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Havnt got this yet until i get some funds transferred but it will be an immediate purchase.  I really dont understand how so many say the aircraft is unusable if VNAV does not quite work, altitude constraints issue or TOD was missed. Sure those things definitely need to be ironed out and im sure they will, but hardly renders it useless. Ever heard of using V/S and your banana arc? Wonder what a real pilot would do if the aircraft did not descend at the TOD. Surely manually control the MCP. Put it in V/S and continue on as normal.  Its not an excuse but if you really want to fly a Boeing 787 that we finally have in P3D,  then dont let these trivial things stop you that have a temporary work around.  The streams I saw didnt seem to have much issues at all, and other notable avsimmers on here have given it praise.The EFB is a nice feature, and it appears to have great system depth.   Hardly represents their previous 757. That was very light on systems with all kinds of issues. Give them some credit. They been working on this for years. If they take their customers seriously, they will indeed deal with the outstanding bugs. This is a major release for P3D. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

The issue with this is that the price has already been set. At about $70 it better be study level! Mid level should be more like $40.

Are you sure about that? PMDG and FS Labs study level sits at $135, which is twice the price of the QW 787. I would argue that a price of $70 makes it a mid level product.

• Like 5

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have been wathching this release progress for ages, and will pass up on it for the time being.  Tooting has some valid points.  These add ons are expensive because the majority of buyers are prepared to pay whatever is asked.  I don’t doubt for a minute that there is months if not years of hard work involved by the developers in producing these models, but at the price asked, the release product should be bug-free.

Again, the prices are expensive, because people are prepared to pay.  Would be interesting to see what would happen to the pricing if simmers stopped buying based on costs.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tooting said:

with pmdg/fsl being the marks and spencer quality here 

More Selfridges

It really isn't the end of the world.  I think all things considered the QW787 looks and sounds like a superb piece of pixel packed kit. I can't wait to get it, but I'll give it a week or two.

The random bugs are annoying but not showstoppers - as HighToweres mentioned, the VNAV issues can be worked around for an interim period.

Well done to the team

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kfd said:

I have been wathching this release progress for ages, and will pass up on it for the time being.  Tooting has some valid points.  These add ons are expensive because the majority of buyers are prepared to pay whatever is asked.  I don’t doubt for a minute that there is months if not years of hard work involved by the developers in producing these models, but at the price asked, the release product should be bug-free.

Again, the prices are expensive, because people are prepared to pay.  Would be interesting to see what would happen to the pricing if simmers stopped buying based on costs.  

people pay to watch Belynz order his Morrison shopping.  thats right.  they pay a guy to order then eat food.  your right its supply and demand. Ive said before if you marketed a flying poo poo on sim market enough and "hyped it" enough you'd sell it.  this is what you are seeing here.

14ppkc-6.png

Got it, love it.
Lot of work involved in this add-on even though it is still perfectible.
Patches and fixes will come, like for ALL digital products so some folks should give QW a chance instead of bashing without even trying the 787 (for free if you are unsatisfied).
And IMO price is VERY correct in regard with competitors and with what you get.

Edited by David Roch
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I'm disappointed by QW. Forget whether this is a mid-level product or not, it's $70 and it's 9 months on from the FSX release and yet there are still the same bugs in both versions. That shows a lack of respect for us, the customer.

I shouldn't have to use work-arounds, deal with buggy code, suffer random CTDs. If QW resolve these issues in a service pack, then great, I'll buy it.

I'm fed up of having to be a paying beta tester in this hobby. Too many of us keep accepting higher prices for unfinished products. If everyone who bought this 787 demanded a refund, we would have a much better product and quickly.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

53 minutes ago, tooting said:

people pay to watch Belynz order his Morrison shopping.  thats right.  they pay a guy to order then eat food.  your right its supply and demand. Ive said before if you marketed a flying poo poo on sim market enough and "hyped it" enough you'd sell it.  this is what you are seeing here.

Hahahahaha  ..... Love this post ... made me chuckle  :laugh:

2 hours ago, kfd said:

It's the old adage isn't it  .....  Do we keep the price high and possibly not sell many or price it reasonably cheap and sell boat loads  ..... ooppps  .... plane loads  :biggrin:

1 hour ago, tooting said:

I have spent too much time wondering why people are paying twitch streamers.  These same people will complain about the price of every addon and then throw $50 to some guy flying a plane online and talking nonsense for 4 hours.  I really baffles me.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 5

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

2 minutes ago, MarkW said:

I have spent too much time wondering why people are paying twitch streamers.  These same people will complain about the price of every addon and then throw $50 to some guy flying a plane online and talking nonsense for 4 hours.  I really baffles me.

They donate for the same reasons you donate to AVSIM (going off your donor tag). It's not terribly different. A community often forms around a streamer and they want to support it. I'm glad there are streamers, because now I know I can hold off on buying QW's product until we see some fixes.

1 hour ago, F737NG said:

I'm disappointed by QW. Forget whether this is a mid-level product or not, it's $70 and it's 9 months on from the FSX release and yet there are still the same bugs in both versions. That shows a lack of respect for us, the customer.

I shouldn't have to use work-arounds, deal with buggy code, suffer random CTDs. If QW resolve these issues in a service pack, then great, I'll buy it.

I'm fed up of having to be a paying beta tester in this hobby. Too many of us keep accepting higher prices for unfinished products. If everyone who bought this 787 demanded a refund, we would have a much better product and quickly.

That's what turns me off the most -- not just usual post-release bugs, but bugs that are 8 or 9 months old. Shouldn't the teething issues be gone by now?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

You walk into a car yard, brand new car sitting there.

Asking full price for it.

Looks pretty, but the salesman says, " Yes its brand new, but the Cruise Control isn't working, there's a bug in it. I tell you what, buy it at full price, test it out for us and report back".

How many of you would buy that car?

When has this become acceptable in our society?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, vhufo said:

You walk into a car yard, brand new car sitting there.

Asking full price for it.

Looks pretty, but the salesman says, " Yes its brand new, but the Cruise Control isn't working, there's a bug in it. I tell you what, buy it at full price, test it out for us and report back".

How many of you would buy that car?

When has this become acceptable in our society?

EXACTLY!!

General Motors: 180.000 employees.
Quality Wings: 4? 5?

What are you comparing exactly??
😄

Edited by David Roch
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.