Sign in to follow this  
Davidrebolton

Re visited thread

So, the last thread regarding "giving an aircraft away" was locked for some strange reason, unwarranted many may say, as paying customers we have a right to ask questions regarding policy without being locked out from further reply! . My question still stands

"I once heard someone here say we technically lease the product when we buy it, well I'm ready to give it back, can I have some money back? Nothing stopping me selling my DVD copy NGX though is there?"

Regards

I think this is going to get ugly soon. Are people doing this stuff on purpose? They know the answer to those questions. It is so annoying when they ask stupid questions or make stupid remarks. 

• Like 1

Pablo Vazquez - Flight Attendant - Major US Airline

(P3D v4.3, PMDG 744v3, PMDG 748, PMDG 777, PMDG 737 NGX, QualityWings 787, Captain Sim 757, Aerosoft Airbus Professional and FSLabs A320x)

1hxz6d.jpg

The EULA says the license is personal and non-transferable. It further has a liquidated damages provision that relates to the use of software not purchased from PMDG or from an authorized reseller specifically licensed to the person who is using the software.

So the answer is "No, you may not sell your DVD without violating the contract." You paid for the right to lease the software. You did not pay for the right, nor do you have legal right, to sublease or re-lease or give away the software to someone who did not buy it from PMDG or an authorized reseller and did not have it licensed to them personally. 

Presumably, if PMDG discovers that it has been done in violation of the contract, it can render the license unusable. 

I believe these are typical provisions of software contracts or EULAs. 

Jim Erwin

5 hours ago, Davidrebolton said:

So, the last thread regarding "giving an aircraft away" was locked for some strange reason, unwarranted many may say, as paying customers we have a right to ask questions regarding policy without being locked out from further reply!

Their forums, their rules, and I would think anything that would indicate any violation of the EULA would be no good.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

6 hours ago, Davidrebolton said:

So, the last thread regarding "giving an aircraft away" was locked for some strange reason, unwarranted many may say, as paying customers we have a right to ask questions regarding policy without being locked out from further reply! . My question still stands

"I once heard someone here say we technically lease the product when we buy it, well I'm ready to give it back, can I have some money back? Nothing stopping me selling my DVD copy NGX though is there?"

Regards

Dave,

Please read the forum rules and more precisely No8

This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of PMDG pricing policies, refund policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, and any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator, AVSim moderator or staff member.

If you have any queries you can open a ticket at our support portal (support.precisionmanuals.com)

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com