Sign in to follow this  
thecanarian

Naming Private Networks

I have a small private network at home connecting 2 PCs via a BT hub. I can see one of my PCs on the network schematic, but not the other. It appears that I have 3(?) names networks (don't ask me how this happened … lost in the mysteries of time). These are Ethernet, Ethernet2, and Ethernet3 all Private Network.

Now my main PC connects to Ethernet2 and the other to Ethernet and I believe that this may be the fundamental reason why I can only "see" one PC on the schematics. It did seem that the old "Homegroup" facility was able to overcome this issue to a large degree.

I can see a facility "Network Reset" does anyone have any experience with this as it seems a drastic action.

I do use the applications (AS16, AH2) on one to pass data to the other  so a rock solid network is important to me.

I hope someone can help.

Peter