Sign in to follow this  
Ausflight

Like to purchase but

Hello everyone I’m interested in purchasing this wonderful 747 however I would like to ask if it’s possible to download the PDF flight tutorial first please so i can look if a old kook like me could learn to fly this i already checked some tutorial videos as well but I prefer the tutorial that comes with this wonderful plane.

Thankyou Danny Cebis.😊

Zdenek  Cebis

Unfortunately the tutorials and manuals are copyrighted by PMDG and Boeing and so we are not allowed to share them, nore can they be downloaded alone. 

Though, the introduction manual written by PMDG is very comprehensive and straight forward and so is the tutorial. The FCOM is originally Boeing hardcore but also extremely detailed and very well to work with. I think your first language is english so I doubt you will have any problems to be honest.

But don‘t hesitate to watch some YouTube videos about the addon, there‘s some vids made by a 747 First Officer somewhere here on the forums. 

Edited by Ephedrin

22 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

Unfortunately the tutorials and manuals are copyrighted by PMDG and Boeing and so we are not allowed to share them, nore can they be downloaded alone. 

Though, the introduction manual written by PMDG is very comprehensive and straight forward and so is the tutorial. The FCOM is originally Boeing hardcore but also extremely detailed and very well to work with. I think your first language is english so I doubt you will have any problems to be honest.

But don‘t hesitate to watch some YouTube videos about the addon, there‘s some vids made by a 747 First Officer somewhere here on the forums. 

Zdenek  Cebis

Perfectly understandable i thought i will ask anyway and thankyou very kindly for directing me about this magnificent aircraft and I will check more of the videos then.Iam looking very much in purchasing.😊

thankyou so much

Danny Cebis.

Zdenek  Cebis

Please just one more question I like to ask has the tutorial have lot of pictures and diagrams because this is the best way I learn as well I would like to ask please can this magnificent aircraft be set up ready to go on the tarmac as I’m more interested in flying than flicking lot of switches and knobs.I understand that this is not a Cessna and things need to be setup like the fmc and that so I hope that someone could tell me where I’m coming from as eventually I will get down and read what I can understand but for the time being I just like a quick setup from a to be not far and bobs your uncle.My apology if I go on here but it is a lot of money and in do feel like to feel I’m flying a real aircraft and not just a made up sim if you know what I mean.I also have prepare3d version 4.2 so of course I would be getting this wonderful aircraft for that platform.😊

thankyou all for any help in advance 

Danny Cebis.

Zdenek  Cebis

Pictures are there for any phase of the tutorial, the flight is from Denver to San Francisco 2 hours flight. 

For me is the best aircraft build for FSX/P3D because you fill is heaviness and it's a joy to fly.

In general is not a complex aircraft, if you do carefully your job.

There are some important aspects to be careful, like not braking excessively as can lead to burn your tire or destroy tire on bad landing, oil temperature.

But once you take care of those aspect it's s magnificent bird.

Later in June, I think you will see the 748 version  

Thankyou very much for that information much appreciated.

Thankyou

Danny Cebis.

Zdenek  Cebis

11 hours ago, Zdenek said:

Please just one more question I like to ask has the tutorial have lot of pictures and diagrams because this is the best way I learn as well I would like to ask please can this magnificent aircraft be set up ready to go on the tarmac as I’m more interested in flying than flicking lot of switches and knobs.I understand that this is not a Cessna and things need to be setup like the fmc and that so I hope that someone could tell me where I’m coming from as eventually I will get down and read what I can understand but for the time being I just like a quick setup from a to be not far and bobs your uncle.My apology if I go on here but it is a lot of money and in do feel like to feel I’m flying a real aircraft and not just a made up sim if you know what I mean.I also have prepare3d version 4.2 so of course I would be getting this wonderful aircraft for that platform.😊

thankyou all for any help in advance 

Danny Cebis.

Danny, PMDG aircraft come with a range of "panel states" which define the configuration of the various systems when you load the aircraft in the sim. These range from completely shut down (aka "cold and dark") all the way through to fully powered up and ready to taxi. At a bare minimum you can start with the engines running and then load a flightplan, enter your takeoff weights and calculate the required takeoff speeds. This is not too complicated after a few practice runs and is well-covered in the tutorials.

A cold and dark panel state will require you to spend about 15-20 minutes minimum powering systems up, then loading a flightplan as well as weights and takeoff speeds. Again there is plenty of documentation available to help you through these processes, and it is a large part of the immersion!

The forums will also be available to you to help you through the learning curve. Once you know what you're doing it becomes second nature.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

1 hour ago, markadeane said:

Danny, PMDG aircraft come with a range of "panel states" which define the configuration of the various systems when you load the aircraft in the sim. These range from completely shut down (aka "cold and dark") all the way through to fully powered up and ready to taxi. At a bare minimum you can start with the engines running and then load a flightplan, enter your takeoff weights and calculate the required takeoff speeds. This is not too complicated after a few practice runs and is well-covered in the tutorials.

A cold and dark panel state will require you to spend about 15-20 minutes minimum powering systems up, then loading a flightplan as well as weights and takeoff speeds. Again there is plenty of documentation available to help you through these processes, and it is a large part of the immersion!

The forums will also be available to you to help you through the learning curve. Once you know what you're doing it becomes second nature.

1 hour ago, markadeane said:

Thankyou Mark very nice of you and thankyou for the information I will keep this in mind will purchase soon after i watch more videos.😎

Edited by Zdenek
Forgot name

Zdenek  Cebis

On 5/24/2018 at 4:05 AM, Zdenek said:

Hello everyone I’m interested in purchasing this wonderful 747 however I would like to ask if it’s possible to download the PDF flight tutorial first please so i can look if a old kook like me could learn to fly this i already checked some tutorial videos as well but I prefer the tutorial that comes with this wonderful plane.

Hi Danny,

Manuals for earlier versions of the PMDG 747 (and other aircraft) are freely available from PMDG's web site.  They won't be helpful for setting up the current 747 or understanding its options, but they should still be useful for seeing what's involved in flying the 747.

http://precisionmanuals.com/pages/downloads/docs.html

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

8 hours ago, Mike777 said:

Hi Danny,

Manuals for earlier versions of the PMDG 747 (and other aircraft) are freely available from PMDG's web site.  They won't be helpful for setting up the current 747 or understanding its options, but they should still be useful for seeing what's involved in flying the 747.

http://precisionmanuals.com/pages/downloads/docs.html

Mike

Hello Mike,

And thankyou very much i will have a good read on those.🙂

Cheers Danny Cebis.

Zdenek  Cebis

All I would add is if you can get off the ground in FSX jets you will be able to fly this, that's the first thing I did hand fly the plan just to get the feel of it then you start learning , but be WARNED it`s addictive and will have you hooked in no time.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

44 minutes ago, rjfry said:

All I would add is if you can get off the ground in FSX jets you will be able to fly this, that's the first thing I did hand fly the plan just to get the feel of it then you start learning , but be WARNED it`s addictive and will have you hooked in no time.

Hello Raymond,

I think I can remember how to get a plane of the ground only in a Cessna but😁and what concerns the being addicted that’s too late for me I’m afraid.😆

Cheers and thankyou 

Danny Cebis.

Zdenek  Cebis

Hello guys I’m getting my laptop ready for my purchase of the 747 for my prepare3d version 4.2 so I was doing all the updates and all and then my windows 10 started updating today to the latest version I think it’s 1803 or something so I let it update took forever and then when it finished and wanted a restart I have noticed that the laptop took a long time to restart and also to startup again and this hasn’t happened before the update.Also when testing and trying out everything I noticed that my laptop was very sluggish than before and that is bit worrying me as I want the computer running in top condition for my 747.So I was wondering i anyone else is having the same issues with there computer with this new windows 10 update and will it affect my performance for my 747?Please my apology for the long story here I’m just worry a bit.😟

Specs: Msi Laptop 

i7 6700:16GB ram:Nvidia Gtx 1060 6GB:SSD Drive:Windows 10.

Thankyou for any thoughts.

Danny Cebis.

Zdenek  Cebis

Couldn't help you there, as I had P3D 4.1 installed on a brand new computer when I got the P3D version of the 747 (already had the FSX version).

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.