Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Ultimate Traffic Live Question

I recently purchased Ultimate Traffic Live for my FSX SE and PREPARED v4. Regardless of which sim I choose, UTL is not automatically activated, it has to be turned on before the sim is activated. Is this normal?

In Prepar3D it is activated via an addon.xml.  You should see an entry under Other Addons in the Lorby_Si Addon Organizer.  Look for an addon.xml in the Documents/Prepar3DV4 Addons folder.  In FSX, it is activated via the exe.dll:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Name>utLive fs client</Name>
    <Path>C:\PROGRAM FILES\FLIGHT ONE SOFTWARE\ULTIMATE TRAFFIC LIVE\utl_client.exe</Path>
    <NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
  </Launch.Addon>

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I'm not very computer literate when it comes to files and I'm not sure if you answered my question if it's all automatic or do I bring it up manually. Thanks

I believe it should be automatic, I would reinstall, but right click on the install file and do a "Run as Admin".

It should have been done automatically and totally agree with kowen.  If you do not know where your exe.xml is located in FSX, it is in the same folder as your dll.xml and fsx.cfg. 

I provided the location for the P3Dv4 Addon File in the Documents section of your computer.  If you do not see a utlive folder, then utlive was not installed properly with Admin Privileges.  For me, everything worked totally without any manual action on my part whatsoever.  I just started up P3D or FSX and utlive would load before the Setup screen.

It is by far one of the easiest programs to install but make sure you read the manual and click on the UTLive icon the installer placed on your desktop and click on the configuration tab and make sure it is installed properly. 

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

If you install it again, do not uninstall.  Just reinstall but this time with Admin Privileges.

Submit News to AVSIM

It also starts automatically in FSX-SE, as in injecting AI traffic into your sim. But if you want to access some of the features like arrival/departure information, then you also have to start the app in the usual way. And I agree with Jim and Kowen - right click and select "run as admin".... It's not a bad habit to develop to do this with anything you are installing or starting. I almost never double click to start an app anymore - right click has become instinctive...

• Like 1

Or right click on the app icon, go down the list and click on "Properties", click on the Compatability tab and finally make sure the "Run as Administrator"box has a tick in it.

And I agree with the above, UTL starts automatically with the start of my sim  (P3Dv4)

O

Pete

• Like 1