Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Which version should I buy?

Ok, a couple a wild claims in this thread. I would like to just confirm that ProATC works perfectly well with AI traffic. It works with MyTraffic, Ultimate Traffic and even with the default AI traffic. I'm also fairly certain that other ATC addons are similar. ProATC is said to be the most realistic ATC addon on the market, according to real world pilots. ProATC is a huge step up from the default ATC. I'd also like to confirm the the default ATC in both the Professional and Academic versions of P3D are identical.

So to answer Gary's original question, if you are happy enough with the rubbishy default ATC in FSX, the ATC in in the academic version of P3D is the exact same, maybe with a couple of slight improvements. 

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

31 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

I'm slightly confused.. I read that that ProATC does not talk to the AI traffic generated in Ultimate Traffic Live. It would be an interesting thing to try if it works together... 

I'm taking it that we're talking P3D ?

Thanks, Gaz

Gaz,

As I said, I own PRO-ATCX and UTL and it works, here is a video recorded by one of my customers: 

He is using PRO-ATCx, you will hear and see how it interacts with UTL AI traffic.

Regards,
Simbol 

Edited by simbol

That's brilliant! I really appreciate you both getting back to me with this. I'm on a holiday so I'm not near my system to try it out ( 😒 ), but I'm looking forward to it...

Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

oh, got it completely wrong saying that proatc does not work with ia. Don´t know what I was thinking about. My fault.

Probably got confused with the background chatter you can include.

Edited by chass32

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

Remember that Pilot2ATC also works with X-Plane 11, I have both sims and both ProATC and Pilot2ATC.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.