Sign in to follow this  
jrgaz

I'm going to miss you PMDG

I really don't see the point of posts like this.

David Porrett

2 hours ago, r_stopnicki said:

Hello John!

In your switch to X-Plane, you can maintain a very good relationship with PMDG through their DC-6.

It is superbly modelled, it is challenging to fly and it is a lot of fun.

Unfortunately not, as the DC-6 is not supported on XP11. Been waiting for one year and a half now. 😥

(not a fan of reverting to hacks to use a relatively expensive add-on)

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

3 hours ago, DavidP said:

Don't worry there will be another one in a week or two.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

3 hours ago, DavidP said:

+1.

Just another child of the magenta line seeking the holy grail.

3 hours ago, GCBraun said:

Unfortunately not, as the DC-6 is not supported on XP11. Been waiting for one year and a half now. 😥

(not a fan of reverting to hacks to use a relatively expensive add-on)

This is really surprising. I dont own it but I guess it sends a message about the future of  XP and PMDG.

I really like X plane and the moment I took off in the demo I was hooked, It kind of feels like your floating and not on rails.. but I was expecting a big difference after come from 32 bit FSx SE after many years . I have quite a few hours in GA and XP  feels a bit closer to the real thing but cant comment on P3D, never owned it.

ZORAN

12 hours ago, busdriver said:

Respectfully, if your not a real world pilot. how would you honestly know if PMDG's flight dynamics are off? I don't fly the Boeing, I'm an Airbus captain, by my friend is on the 777, and was pretty impressed with the feel and detail on the PMDG 777, especially given the price. Just my 2 cents.

I'm not saying the flight dynamics of PMDG planes are off, just that the general FSX flight dynamics are not as pleasing as the XP's are to me.

11 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

Exactly what I thought... my cousin is/was a captain on the 737 and is currently in training for the 777/787. She has taught me on the PMDG 737 and tried it herself. Considering that we are sitting on a chair using a CH yoke (I do at least) she was impressed by the flight dynamics which are very close to the real 737. Just a few weeks ago I gave XP another try after its updates and as she was visiting the family for my dad‘s 60th she also tried the zibo 737 on XP. Far from real. Too much strange movement. 

Also I personally have several hours on a C172 and many many hours on sailplanes. I KNOW how an airplane behaves and feels. Many people here do so. XP is different from stock P3D and it might lead to the assumption for non real world pilots that this was the real deal. But actually it‘s not. There might be the possibility for the developers to create good physical models, but you can achieve much better results when you do what is only possible with P3D: work around its core. Best example: accusim. or the Majestics Q400 according to some yt vids of a Q400 FO. 

XP is a very nice sim for sure and looks amazing. But I can‘t stand it anymore when people constantly repeat it was more realistic. This is simply not true. 

I have heard from at least one well known 738 real life Captain on YT that he finds the flight dynamics of the Zibo 738 a lot more realistic than that of the FSX PMDG 738.  But it is just an opinion. 

Don't take it so personally.

Edited by jrgaz

1 minute ago, jrgaz said:

I have heard from at least one well known 738 real life Captain on YT that he finds the flight dynamics of the Zibo 738 a lot more realistic than that of FSX.

Don't take it so personally.

Saw it too. It was fine weather.

I use both X-Plane 11 and P4D. No need to loose the enjoyment of both worlds. It's only limited by your time and hard-drive space.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

4 minutes ago, Jude Bradley said:

I use both X-Plane 11 and P4D. No need to loose the enjoyment of both worlds. It's only limited by your time and hard-drive space.

And Prepared's EULA!

Once you get your hand on the737 zibo and the ultimate you not going to miss PMDG, free of charge 😉

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Looks like the troll got his wish... yet another XPlane vs world thread. Enjoy.

• Like 2

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, Ephedrin said:

Saw it too. It was fine weather.

I'll agree the effects of strong winds in XP seem quite harsh.

42 minutes ago, dmarques69 said:

Once you get your hand on the737 zibo and the ultimate you not going to miss PMDG, free of charge 😉

Yes they are very good but not up to par with PMDG yet.  I prefer rhe 732 and 733.