Sign in to follow this  
jrgaz

I'm going to miss you PMDG

Sorry, should have been 🙄

David Porrett

18 hours ago, DavidP said:

I really don't see the point of posts like this.

So, you don't see the point of these posts; however, adding comments like the one above add value to a discussion board?  Again, if you're trying to be funny, you're missing the mark...I bet you're a riot in your mom's basement though...

Matt King

Different strokes for different folks.  Hey, it's a good time to be a flight simulation enthusiast.  Try landing at Meigs Airport on a Commodore 64 running at 1 MHZ with 64K of RAM in 1984 (Sublogic II) with 2 frames a second and 4 colors total.  Those of us living that era were diehards...and when the PC AT came out, with an Intel 80286 processor, all the mom and pop stores were showing off how fast the new hardware could run the latest version of Flight Simulator.  It was also a strong sign of compatibility as some of the early IBM knock-offs couldn't technically handle the code.  I've owned most everything since, hardware wise from a CPU perspective and 3D perspective (Sierra Screamin 3D...anyone remember that graphics accelerator?   You still needed a regular video card in addition to it) and mostly software wise (and certainly every version of MSFS they ever invented, as well as a lot of stuff FS related that sold in fancy carboard boxes that were no good...).

No mom and pop computer stores anymore; they went bye-bye. 

I've tried both platforms argued here, but as someone who works a lot, has a long commute, etc. I just don't have the bandwidth to support multiple sims.

In my opinion, the only opinions that count here are from the folks who have tried both, and the reason I put up with these endless debate threads is that there doesn't seem much else to discuss in the forums until we find out what the Las Vegas Reveal will be.

At times I need to take my own advice, like right now....less time reading/writing about FS, more time flying it!

Enjoy the Memorial Day Weekend, for those of us in the U.S. it is a time to remember our Veterans and to fire up the grill and burn some meat.  Call your mom and dad.  And of course, get some flying done!  Go somewhere exotic.  Explore!

Mark Trainer

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, kingm56 said:

LOL. Seriously!?  You're trying to take the moral high ground, on the bases of demeaning langue; yet, it's ok for you to employ a 'crazy' emoji?  It's obvious you're just trying to pick a fight; you know exactly what my analogy is eluding to.  BTW, if you paid $5 for a bootleg movie, is that still morally ethical?  You paid for the film that you're using in the privacy of your own home. Gess, I really shouldn't have to spell this out....

First of all. I am not trying to take any "moral high ground"! I asked you a question, since I'm genuinely interested in the answer, here. I don't understand why you're being so defensive?? 

Secondly I'm not trying to pick a fight with anyone or annoy you or in any other way causing a stir. My apologies, if the smiley face I chose, meant 'crazy' :blink:... I was going for one, which depicted 'confused'. 🙄

Again, you're comparing apples and oranges here... I still can't see the correlation between using P3D for educational purposes (with entertainment as a by-product) and pirating a movie. Pirating digital media or software is a crime and illegal, for the simple reason, that you're not paying (and by that rewarding) the author / artist / developer for their work, genius, idea and accomplishment. 
By using P3D in my spare time, while not being a professional pilot or training in aviation, but educating myself in aviation, I'm not pirating or stealing anything from Lockheed-Martin. I still pay for the software.

Soo - no. I don't know what you're eluding to. No, I'm not trying to start a fight. And finally no, I'm not going to reply to this debate anymore, since this is leading nowhere and the discussion is - quite frankly - beyond the scope of this thread.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Should be used to this by now they pop up on all developers forums.😑

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:04 PM, jrgaz said:

Started flight simulation 3 years ago with FSX Steam Edition after purchasing a good computer.  Fell in love fast and started buying many add-ons.  First was the PMDG NGX.  Wow!  After, I continued with the NGX extension pack,  777-200, 777-300er, and of course, the QOTS V3.  These aircraft are truly amazing,  great work PMDG.  Many other aircraft add-ons, weather, sky textures, and sceneries were also purchased.🤑🤑🤑

About 9 months ago I downloaded X-plane 11 and since have used it almost exclusively.  Now and then I go back to FSX for a PMDG flight but I find the flight dynamics and fluidity unbearable compared to X- Plane 11.

Didn't want P3D, too expensive, and since I'm not a pilot in training irl using it for education, I can't use it legally(for entertainment).

Have since bought several high quality add-ons for my new sim and am loving every minute of it.  

Recently, with my SSD storage space starting to run thin, I freed up 80GB by uninstalling everything related to FSX.😥😥😥

So I say thank you PMDG, keep up the great work, and I hope that one day, one of your amazing aircraft will be available for us X-Plane 11 Users.

John Gaasbeek

All the best Sir, never mind what others say in your post.

MoDez

• Upvote 2

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at some of the responses in this thread. Can we please stop assuming that anyone who uses the term "X-plane" in a P3D or PMDG thread is here to cause trouble? The only issue I have with the opening post is the part about "not being able to use P3D legally for entertainment". One of the terms of use is "simulation", which means that it is open to everyone.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Keep it clean, please.

Really tired of the sim battles.

I have an XBOX and a PS side by side. Heresy to many. Couldn't care less.

This comp has FSX, FSX:SE, Flight School, FSW, DCS, P3Dv3 and P3Dv4 on it. I don't use all of them regularly, but to be quite honest, if anyone wants to waste their time taking a shot at one of them, I'll let the comment slide right on by. Use the sim you want.

I have Forza on the XBOKS. GT on PS4. ProjectCars (in VR - wow) on this comp. They're all great for their own reasons.

So far, none of those sims have caused any of the other sims to spontaneously, or otherwise stop working properly. Odd. With some of the discussion online, you'd imagine my electronics would be in shambles...

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

22 hours ago, kingm56 said:

So, you don't see the point of these posts; however, adding comments like the one above add value to a discussion board?  Again, if you're trying to be funny, you're missing the mark...I bet you're a riot in your mom's basement though...

Don't know why you are working yourself up so much. You must be a fun to be around.

Edited by DavidP
  • Upvote 1

David Porrett

1 hour ago, DavidP said:

Don't know why you are working yourself up so much. You must be a fun to be around.

I am not getting worked up at all, David.  In fact, I find it comical to read the hypercritical post laced in this thread. Posters who chastise other posters for the very activities they're engaging in themselves.  I agree with Kyle; all these sims have a place in our hobby; I use them all and don't engage in arguments concerning what sims are best...its pointless to do so.  I do, however, respond to hypocrites: posters who chastise others for using 'demeaning' language, while simultaneously using the same narratives themselves; or, posters who call-out other posters for submitting pointless threads, while at the same time offering no insight other then emojis. I'm sure you know the type i'm referring to...

Edited by kingm56

Matt King

🤣🤣🤣

David Porrett

5 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Keep it clean, please.

Really tired of the sim battles. 

I have an XBOX and a PS side by side. Heresy to many. Couldn't care less.

This comp has FSX, FSX:SE, Flight School, FSW, DCS, P3Dv3 and P3Dv4 on it. I don't use all of them regularly, but to be quite honest, if anyone wants to waste their time taking a shot at one of them, I'll let the comment slide right on by. Use the sim you want.

I have Forza on the XBOKS. GT on PS4. ProjectCars (in VR - wow) on this comp. They're all great for their own reasons.

So far, none of those sims have caused any of the other sims to spontaneously, or otherwise stop working properly. Odd. With some of the discussion online, you'd imagine my electronics would be in shambles...

Man, absolutely.  Today a good friend of mine said something which rang so incredibly true about this thread....

"Xplane word not allowed are like Bernie Sanders supporters".

I almost laughed myself to death at that one!

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I thought then post was that he won't fly PMDG planes because the new QW787 is out for P3D and is totally awesome.  Did Pauly just throw jet fuel into this post?

Paul Gugliotta