Sign in to follow this  
Jon Budworth

737-800

Hi All,

I hope I'm posting this in the correct forum.

I've just purchased PERFECT FLIGHT - ULTIMATE 737NG. I would have gone for the PMDG 737 but not sure my computer would handle it.

My question is what pitch attitude should the TOGA pitch the flight director to? Mine is only going to 8 degrees whereas I'm pretty sure in a real 737 it pitches to about 15 degrees? I've got a couple of airline assessments coming up and could really do with my sim behaving like the real thing.

Any help/tips and tricks/advice would be greatly appreciated,

Jon.

Are you using either FSX or FSX-SE?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I don't know much about the Perfect Flight 737 but from looking at info online it appears to be a very "lite" simulation of the 737. If you're looking for a good fidelity 737 you should either get the PMDG or the iFly, and turn your scenery settings down to avoid performance problems. I'm also guessing you are right about the TOGA pitch being off.

Barry Friedman

I believe if you buy the iFly from flight1.com they have a 30 day refund policy. I don't have the iFly but the reviews are very good.

In terms of computer requirements I think the iFly and PMDG models are comparable but I don't know of any available refund option for the PMDG in case you don't like it.

Barry Friedman

Hi Jon ...i think in real life you need 8 deg initially for Tail skid Clearance, then 12-15 deg. .... You can follow the cross on your PFD.

Regards

Edited by Dio

On 5/26/2018 at 8:38 AM, Jon Budworth said:

Thanks, looks like my computer meets the specs for the iFly 737. Has anyone else tried this one?

I use the iFly 737 in FSX. Back in my FS9 days, I used the PMDG 737 but as I would have had to repurchase this at full price when I upgraded to FSX, I decided to try the iFly version instead as it had very good reviews. I was not disappointed as it really is an excellent product and in my opinion is up there amongst the best addon aircraft for FSX and very viable alternative to the PMDG version. I don’t have a particularly powerful system but the iFly 737 still performs well on it.

As far as Perfect Flight products are concerned my experience of these in FS9 was not good and I often thought that the title of that particular developer was quite inappropriate as their aircraft were far from perfect! As a result I have avoided this developer’s products in FSX so I can’t offer a comment on their 737 although perhaps they have improved.

Bill

Thanks for the replies guys.

I've purchased the ifly 737 now and it seems pretty good. A quick question though, how do you display the RMI needles on the EFIS? In the manual there's a picture but no instructions as to how to do it.

Thanks,

Jon.

I 've posted by mistake here. Sorry about that....

Edited by Dio
Mistake

7 hours ago, Jon Budworth said:

I've purchased the ifly 737 now and it seems pretty good. A quick question though, how do you display the RMI needles on the EFIS? In the manual there's a picture but no instructions as to how to do it.

Just guessing but there should be VOR/ADF switches on the EFIS control panel, you might also need to push the CTR button to get the compass rose display. Try a google search for 737 FCOM if the documentation is lacking.

Barry Friedman