Sign in to follow this  
sam71

Problem when i want to add custum waypoint before fix

Hi ! My name is Sami and i'm french !!

This is my problem, when i want to add a custum waypoint before fix, for example XXX/-5  (XXX=fix and /-5 for 5nm before) i have a discontinuity route !

I did a video : https://youtu.be/vyLehEmWKt4

Thank you for help

Hi Sam, welcome to the PMDG forums.  Please note their forum rules require that we sign our full names on all posts.

In general, the discontinuity is normal and you simply close it.  Close the disco by using the LSB to move the waypoint after the disco on to the disco and pressing EXEC.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you for answer , usually i don’t need to close the disco. When i add a waypoint after the fix it’s works (XXX/5). Is it possible to downgrade the fmc OP ? 

Samuel Beaufort. 

The airplane doesn‘t know if you want the line to be connected to the next waypoint or if you want to intercept your route in a different way so it leaves it disconnected but assumes you want to connect a next waypoint if you insert it after a waypoint. It just works like this and you have to close the disc. 

What do you want to downgrade??

Take another look at what he is reporting for me as im reading his question maybe incorrectly?

The AFTER waypoint XYZ along track custom waypoint, XYZ01, is being placed after XYZ in the fmc leg page sequence as youd expect.

The question I think he is asking is - is the BEFORE waypoint XYZ along track custom waypoint, XYZ01, meant to become the active waypoint, followed by “parent” waypoint XYZ on the fmc legs page? (I dont know).

It seems odd that the custom waypoint BEFORE waypoint XYZ is created after it.

example

5 nm before XYZ custom along track waypoint legs page sequence: XYZ01, then, XYZ... with no discontinuities

5nm after XYZ custom along track waypoint legs page sequence: XYZ, then, XYZ01... with no discontinuities

Brian Nellis

Thank you. I will report this to PMDG for you. It seem there may be a bug worthy of investigation.

My sense is there is a bug. LNAV is drawing the waypoint in the correct sequence (before waypoint XYZ), however, the legs page is not inserting the waypoint as you would expect (before waypoint XYZ).

Have a look at this video to see how you would expect the legs page and nd to show after inserting an along track waypoint BEFORE waypoint XYZ.

Edited by Copper.

Brian Nellis

If you want to insert a custom waypoint BEFORE an existing one, shouldn't you be clicking on the previous waypoint to insert it in the correct location?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Agree... I've never had a problem inserting a waypoint once I clicked the right LSB.  Sometimes it isn't enough to use ABCDE/-5 to insert 5 nm before ABCDE; sometimes you have to include the bearing such as ABCDE220/5 to insert your custom waypoint bearing 220 deg 5 nm.

Dan Downs KCRP

confirmed bug. Behaviour is supposed to be consistent with fcom.

thanks op.

Brian Nellis

Yay.   Just upgraded from FS9/737NG (Yes, it HAS been long overdue!) and was scratching my head on this, because I know how it's SUPPOSED to work.

Tim Metzinger
Engineer, Pilot/CFI, Husband and Dad.

Just looked at your video. Yes that is wrong. The aircraft should insert the /-10 custom waypoint ahead of SIRAT and there should be NO discontinuity. Sometimes one crops up, but usually not.

However, Adding the SIRAT/5 on top of SIRAT also seems the wrong technique and it should be inserted at LSK2L, the line below.

Just my short experience of flying the things for several years.

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!