Sign in to follow this  
Monster389

Revisiting DA42 Autopilot Issues

Hello!

I am a newcomer to the Alabeo DA42 on P3Dv4, and I am happy with it so far with the exception of the autopilot having a mind of its own. I have reviewed all pertinent topics on this board but none seem to find a solution except to reset the gyro drift. I am familiar with the gyro drift influences, and I have it disabled.

On my first flight, the autopilot would not do anything besides bank 60+ degrees left and right, even with no roll mode engaged. I tried pressing 'D' to reset the heading gyro just to be safe. No effect. I ended up handflying the flight since nothing I could do would get the autopilot to do what I wanted it to.

On my second flight, the autopilot worked flawlessly.

On my third flight, the autopilot behaved as it did in the first flight.

I began all three flights using the same default flight with no slew used. I am at a loss as to what affects whether or not the autopilot functions properly.

Hopefully someone with more hours in this product has some tips.

Thanks,
Derek

I've seen that as well. Back then, in FSUIPC I had adjusted the aileron axis input curve to react directly 1:1 (as opposed to increasingly sensitive as the input grows). I've dialed that back a little since, and the problem hasn't occured again. Not sure if that was the cause, though. Have you done something similar?

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

On 5/30/2018 at 12:58 PM, d.tsakiris said:

I've seen that as well. Back then, in FSUIPC I had adjusted the aileron axis input curve to react directly 1:1 (as opposed to increasingly sensitive as the input grows). I've dialed that back a little since, and the problem hasn't occured again. Not sure if that was the cause, though. Have you done something similar?

I have not. I will try that today or tomorrow and let you know.