Sign in to follow this  
caleb1

I Don't Have PTA. Am I Totally Missing Out?

I don't have PTA.  Am I totally missing out?  I do have some other graphical enhancement addons such as REX Sky Force and Texture Direct though.

Which one of the following would any of you say is true?

1. PTA is an incredible addon that really boosts your graphics more than any other graphics addon.  Buy it ASAP.

2. PTA is great addon but I wouldn't rush to get it if you don't want to.

3. PTA is just "another one of those graphical enhancement addons."  You don't need it anytime soon if you have REX Sky Force and Texture Direct

Thanks.

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Simulators:  Prepar3D v3.4, Prepar3D v4.5, FSX:SE, FSX:Gold Edition

Using the FSX Deluxe Edition SDK SP2 for development.

It's okay, but nothing justifies the cost. Besides, there's free tools to do just about the same.

• Like 2

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Thanks for the replies everyone.  It seems that I am not missing out on anything huge, it seems like option 2 and 3 are true.  I'll probably hold of for now. :smile:

Thanks.

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

I'll nail my colours to the PTA mast! I've tried most of the free equivalents and, IMHO, they don't *quite* cut it. I've used PTA since it was first released (first freeware then payware) and maybe I've just got used to it. I find it powerful and very flexible - and have been able to get some great results with it.

pta_261_03_01_ymui_boomerang_1350.jpg

pta_261_03_03_ymui_boomerang_432_1350.jp

pta_261_03_06_alaska_1350.jpg

The new REX offerings will replace many of the PTA functions ... but not *all* - particularly in respect of tweaking shadows, contrast and saturation individually - for sky, terrain, water or aircraft (inside and out).

Take a look at my PTA presets page (new preset imminent!): http://www.nzfsim.org/index.php?dsp=PTA

Adam.

Edited by Adamski_NZ
  • Like 1

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

I might get PTA eventually, but I won't rush it.  @Adamski_NZ I will keep your presets in mind when I do get PTA.

Caleb Byers

On 5/25/2018 at 10:52 PM, caleb1 said:

I don't have PTA.  Am I totally missing out?  I do have some other graphical enhancement addons such as REX Sky Force and Texture Direct though.

Which one of the following would any of you say is true?

1. PTA is an incredible addon that really boosts your graphics more than any other graphics addon.  Buy it ASAP.

2. PTA is great addon but I wouldn't rush to get it if you don't want to.

3. PTA is just "another one of those graphical enhancement addons."  You don't need it anytime soon if you have REX Sky Force and Texture Direct

Thanks.

As any tool , it is good if it works for you and not the other way around. Personally for me it is a must because i feel that my visuals are more close to real world environment and that gives for me immersion combined with the fact that i always "fly" online.

So yes get it. The free alternative adds things that you will use if you are a bird watching planes from outside or you aim to win the global screenshot contest :))) JK 

Edited by earthdog

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

Hi Folks,

I'm more a set it and forget it kind of guy - I used the free version of PTA but moved to EnvShade when they started charging - the graphics look pretty darn close to PTA to me and I don't have to tweak it - in addition - the $5.00 price tag (slightly more now) was most welcome in the expensive addon market these days...

https://secure.simmarket.com/toga-projects-envshade-fsx-p3d.phtml

Regards,
Scott

• Like 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

With a good PTA preset where almost every entry has been tweaked for a reality look it will look fantastic .

Here a screenshot of my free All Months preset set ( for each monthh a preset )

Dusk_All%20Months%20v13.jpg

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.