Sign in to follow this  
Wailbal

Assigning arrival gate

Hi everyone 

Do you try to let the ATC direct to to a particular gate on arrival on the planning stage? 

On arrival at KDEN I asked ATC to taxi to gate B27 (which I have Autogate moving jetway and digital guiding system within the scenery) and it did, as the video shows

But what if I want to set a couple to gates that it will taxi me to any one of them when I plan the flight, it is possible?

4 hours ago, Wailbal said:

But what if I want to set a couple to gates that it will taxi me to any one of them when I plan the flight

Ideally it should choose a gate which has been tagged in the Gate list with your airline code, and which is of sufficient size for your aircraft type.

And also either select one which is already free, or, better, make it free and keep it so (by automatically deleting any AI attempting to spawn or park there). Dave?

Pete

• Like 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

If you set up the gate for your airline, and then request taxi to the gate, it will randomly select one of  the gates for your airline to taxi you to. 

It does not control AI Traffic and so does not check that the gate is empty or "delete" any AI Traffic that might be at the gate.  That level of interaction is on the longer term roadmap.

Dave

This "setting up the gate for my airline" is actually already done in many of the add-on airports, certainly all of the better ones. So are you getting the airline codes for the gates from the MakeRunways Gates file?

Or do I have to go through the process of editing them all, for each airport I use, somewhere in P2A? If so, could I put in a request, please, for (also?) using the very useful assignments in the Gate definitions?

Pete

If you import the airport in TaxiMnt and the scenery (MakeRunways for P3D/FSX) has the gate assignments, they are picked up.  Or you can assign gates or change gate assignments in Taxi Mnt.

Dave

5 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

If you import the airport in TaxiMnt and the scenery (MakeRunways for P3D/FSX) has the gate assignments, they are picked up.  Or you can assign gates or change gate assignments in Taxi Mnt.

Super! Thanks Dave!

Pete

On 5/27/2018 at 7:19 PM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

If you import the airport in TaxiMnt and the scenery (MakeRunways for P3D/FSX)

What about x-Plane. Example: the payware scenery EDDF includes 208 Gate assignments easy to read out of the apt.dat. I can't seem to find any of that Gates in P2A. Or did I miss something?

Ron

Dave has done an amazing job with giving P2ATC users the tools to manipulate taxiways and parking and other aspects of airport design. In spite of this, XP's lack of consistency frequently causes frustration. Many airports files contain all sorts of errors that make it difficult for ai planes to taxi, for correct assignment of parking spots, etc., etc. Part of the problem is that user modifications to airports ("Gateway airports") are apparently incorporated into release versions of XP with little or no regard to a consistent application of rules regarding things like parking gate properties, or even if parking gates are present at all. If there's a solution to this I have no idea what it might be. 😬

On 5/16/2020 at 6:01 PM, Ron59 said:

I can't seem to find any of that Gates in P2A

Dave, I found the problem! When importing Gates from X-Plane, P2A looks in the apt.dat at row code 1301 where it can find Ramp Operation Type "airline" to read the following airline codes as assignments that eventually appear, wich is wrong.

The Ramp Operation Type "Cargo" in Row Code 1301 will be ignored(!!) for airline-assignments, although there can be listed a lot of Cargo-Airlines that will be needed.

Suggestion: Change the algorithm like this:

If in row code 1301 is stated "airline" or "cargo", read the following airlinecodes for gate assignments (if available)

Edited by Ron59

On 5/27/2018 at 8:19 PM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Dave

Dave, at no point I noticed P2A was trying to read MakeRunways. P2A is installed on the client PC here. Anything that I missed?

Thanks.

P2A does not read MakeRunways except when you do Imports in TaxiMnt for FSX/P3D.  That is described in the User Guide.

1 hour ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

P2A does not read MakeRunways except when you do Imports in TaxiMnt for FSX/P3D.  That is described in the User Guide.

Yes, I found it earlier today before I saw your reply. I'm stuck at importing AS EDDF Taxiways atm,. After successful import of SW Heathrow and FT EHAM ))

Thanks