Sign in to follow this  
Loadhaul

Cockpit lights not turning on and very dim P3D V4.2

Hi everyone,  

I’ve been having this issue since I purchased this for P3D. It did indeed work fine in FSX. The issue occurs when I load the plane in the daytime and fly into darkness, thus causing the automatic master bright lights to not work and the cockpit will be completely dark. I have verified that the master bright light has been turned up and the knob is pressed in. What I see is when I try and turn any light up it remains extremely dim, probably what you would see if you turned it on with 2 or so notches. As I speak now there’s two ways I can fix this. Firstly you could spawn at night and they work perfectly. The other thing is by turning on the dome light they all magically turn on like they should. Try’d reinstalling the aircraft, however that didn’t work.                                                                                                  

Regards, M.G.

7 hours ago, Loadhaul said:

Hi everyone,  

I’ve been having this issue since I purchased this for P3D. It did indeed work fine in FSX. The issue occurs when I load the plane in the daytime and fly into darkness, thus causing the automatic master bright lights to not work and the cockpit will be completely dark. I have verified that the master bright light has been turned up and the knob is pressed in. What I see is when I try and turn any light up it remains extremely dim, probably what you would see if you turned it on with 2 or so notches. As I speak now there’s two ways I can fix this. Firstly you could spawn at night and they work perfectly. The other thing is by turning on the dome light they all magically turn on like they should. Try’d reinstalling the aircraft, however that didn’t work.                                                                                                  

Regards, M.G.

Using any shader modification programs like PTA or similar?

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

8 hours ago, Loadhaul said:

Hi everyone,  

Regards, M.G.

Hi there ? Are you using P3D v4 ?

-S.

ok. First of all Please sign your posts with Full real First and last names. Thanks for that ( PMDG requires that not me! lol )

Just noticed that you said you are using PTA and that one caused me the same exact trouble as you are experiencing right now with some of the presets ... so I had to fool around with settings regarding the Cockpit lighting settings in PTA application setting. after all do not forget to check in for interior cockpit shadows ( make sure you have receive and cast on ).
try this and let us know what happens.

edit: Sorry I miss read what Chris said and mixed the whole thing up. In case you don't use any 3rd party program, Just check in with lighting settings and Shadow settings.

Regards.

-S.

Edited by Samany69
correction.

Will do, thanks. The full name thing you see I found that out. I couldn't edit my post, sorry.

I'm using stock P3D with no shaders or tweaks apart from its own settings, I'll have a look.

These are my settings, I didn't change any thing here so no luck.

I have cast and receive on for interior and external vehicle.

The quality is medium and draw distance is ultra.

ok can you upload a picture of sim where you can point the problem is showing ?

Unable to upload images.

It's essentially all the lights do not turn on like they should, when you turn the master bright switch up it stays very dim (the middle button is pressed in).

If you switch the dome light on and then off, they all switch on like they should.

However when it becomes daylight again the lights stay on and don't dim properly which looks awful.

What's really strange is when I test it by loading in somewhere and speeding up the time it works perfectly. The lights turn on at night and switch off in the daylight like they should. However when I do a real flight they don't turn on or off.

The issue seems to of not been present when I did a test flight from YSSY to YMML, going into darkness. Does the PMDG 777 track the local time of the nearest airport?